The rat prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rat prop?

I need a little help. I'm not sure what it's called or where I could buy it. But it's a prop that runs off an air compressor. It's triggered by a pressure
    mat and it feels like rats running around your ackles when it's set off. Anybody know? Thanks for your help
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

hehe ive never heard it described like that before but your lookin for an ankle tickler,i think its ghostride productions taht carries them

Comment

Could do a combo of an ankle tickler and little red eyes glowing and moving around the floor
      - - Luke - -

Comment

AWESOME! thanks guys. Yes that was part of my idea. I want to do a rat tunnel. Nothing but a long black hallway/tunnel with red glowing eyes, sounds of water dripping, and sounds of rats crawling around. Added effect the ankle tickler of course.
        ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Also place a couple of the made for dogs, furry, squeaky toys on the ground for patrons to step on

Comment

A haunt full of sometimes subtle, small things going on in a dark room will usually be more effective than a ten foot tall monster.
            The ten foot tall monster costs alot of money, so you can't take a chance of it being missed in a dark room, so it's lit up and the customer's sees it and the imagination disengages because the item is so well and quickly identified, those little unknown "Squeakies" and other tactile sensations cause them years of pondering, their imaginations rolling the experience over and over trying to figure it all out. Then they come back again.
            Sort of like re-listening to a rock & roll song 5 times trying to understand the lyrics. "Art" shouldn't be totally obvious or completely explained to the audience.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That's exactly the reason why most horror movies lose their power when the villain is no longer the ominous voice in the distance, the moment you see his/her/its face, no matter how scary, it never has the same effect.

Wouldn't putting fake rats on the ground be an obstacle, possibly a danger? Maybe they are too small, just wondering about code on that one
              - - Luke - -

Comment

It might be, I'm not 100% sure though. We did a cockroach tunnel couple years back. The celiling was only 5 feet tall and we glued dozens and dozens of fake rubber cockroaches on the walls. On the ground we had nut shells of different kinds to walk on making it feel and hear like you are stepping on cockroaches.
                ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Working...
                X