Amazing St. Louis Service Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing St. Louis Service Story

Not really "haunt" related, but I feel this definitely warrants a posting on Hauntworld.

It was nice to be able to have a broader choice of restaurants in the area, but here's one that takes the prize for some of the most amazing service I've ever received.

As I've mentioned on these boards, a good majority of our crew enjoys hunting out good barbeque joints, and in Denver, sometimes that can be hard to do. So, knowing we were headed to St. Louis, we put a trip to a local bbq place one the agenda. A couple of friends recommended Smoking Joe's which they had been to for lunch on Saturday.

Like I said, a majority of us enjoy bbq, however, we do have 1 vegetarian, and 1 who doesn't care for barbeque sauce. Typically a bbq restaurant will have some alternatives for the grazing crowd, so of we went to Smoking Joe's.

Upon arrival and taking a peek at the menu, we quickly realized that unless these two wanted to have a meal of side dishes, we were in trouble. The rest of us decided we needed to move on, and find a place more suitable to everyone.

So I went up to the counter and informed the hostess that we'd be leaving because of the limited menu, and asked if she could recommend any place in the area, that might fit our needs a little better, and offer good food. She turned and yelled to the kitchen for Joe...here's where it gets interesting.

Smoking Joe himself emerges from the kitchen, she explains the situation, and immediately Joe looks at me and says "who's vegetarian?" I point out the two culprits. Joe says "sit, sit, I'm gonna take care of this, I'm going to cook these guys a vegetarian meal" We pleaded with him not to go out of his way, but he wasn't hearing it. He let us know he was running to the store to get some supplies and he'd be back in a few minutes.

We sat down and put our order together, as this is going on, we notice Joe, getting his jacket, and running out the front door. I asked the hostess if he was serious, she said "oh yeah, that's Joe, he does stuff like this all the time" she added, "we tell him if he'd just add a vegetarian dish to the menu, it would save him some hassle" At this point I still don't believe it, and figure that Joe's gone to get reinforcements, and any second he's going to show up and have these "veggie eaters" thrown out for disobeying the gods of meat.

We place our order, and as the food starts showing up here comes Joe, back with a bag of supplies, and heads straight to the kitchen. Just a short time later, Joe returns from the kitchen with a great looking salad for each of the "two" A few minutes later, course two, veggie burgers and sweet potato french fries. Then to top it off, as they finish the burgers, here he comes with a dessert for each of them. This three course vegetarian meal was all compliments of Joe.

Amazing.

After dinner was over, I went over and thanked Joe for his hospitality and let him know that the kind of service he offered was remarkable. He responded with, "I'm in the service business, I'm just doing my job"

We took a photo with Joe, shook his hand and headed off to The Darkness.

Needless to say, when the show returns to St. Louis in 2010, our crew will be returning to visit Smoking Joe. I suggest everyone does the same, you won't be disappointed.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Chris
    Last edited by stafford; 03-30-2009, 09:21 PM.
    Chris Stafford
    1331 Entertainment Group
    Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
    13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
    13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Hey Chris, our group will join you and we dont even have any "veggie eaters". Mike
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Definitely good food. Joe came out and talked to us, asking us how we liked the food and service. I would eat there again next year if I go.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that story. I'm so proud of St. Louis. And, I'm so glad to hear how much people liked the time they spent here.
        Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
        www.HauntWorld.com
        www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
        www.FindHauntedHouses.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
        It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Kitchen K was the restaurant hero for my wife and I. the service was good (Not amazing like Joe's) but the food was reasonably priced and excellent, we went there for dinner friday night, then sat lunch, then sat dinner, it was that good.
          Fri night best fish and chips of my life
          wife- pan seared scallops with a roasted tomato reduction sour cream mashed potatoes and garlic green beans
          Lunch and dinner on sat was just as good
          actually on saturday in honor of our convention the special was cheese tortalini el diablo it was excellent! we will definitely eat there next year.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thats great! That makes me want to eat there. But Im a meat eater so I wont have that problem. Where are they located?
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

1901 Washington Ave.

It was only a few blocks from the hotel.

Comment

k thanks! I didnt get to explore outside of the convention center much. And have only been down in that area at night any other time.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                  Kitchen K was the restaurant hero for my wife and I. the service was good (Not amazing like Joe's) but the food was reasonably priced and excellent, we went there for dinner friday night, then sat lunch, then sat dinner, it was that good.
                  Fri night best fish and chips of my life
                  wife- pan seared scallops with a roasted tomato reduction sour cream mashed potatoes and garlic green beans
                  Lunch and dinner on sat was just as good
                  actually on saturday in honor of our convention the special was cheese tortalini el diablo it was excellent! we will definitely eat there next year.
                  Allen H

I have to agree the food was great and reasonably priced. We went back twice
                  ________
                  Lamborghini 400GT history
                  Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM.
                  www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                  "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                  Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                  Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

I enjoyed kitchen k and the dubliner.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                    X