Transworld Show 2010 ... Your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Show 2010 ... Your opinions

Now you've experienced a HAUNT ONLY show broke off from the retal show... which way is better for your business?

Should the show stay on its own and pull in more retail vendors or fold it back into a retail show? Did you like the fact that it was just haunters without retailers?

Secondly, do you think the show should start on a Thursday rather than a Friday to get more order writing days?

My view:

Start the show on Thursday and end the show on Sunday at NOON! Haunters have shown year after year that they leave on Sunday so start the show on Thursday and end it on Sunday at NOON!

Keep the shows seperate... there was a bunch of retail vendors walking the floor and all saying they would exhibit next year! Let the haunt show take off and grow, learn from its mistakes and correct them, add to, enhance, blah, blah.

DO NOT re-co-locate with retail.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I don't care if the recombine it or not. If they do recombine don't segregate us like before. I thought there were more haunt vendors this year and I enjoyed that. I hope they make an effort to grow it more and add even more vendors next year. I thought it was hard to actually place a few orders this year and therefore didn't get to order a couple of things I wanted. Lots of people in the way. My only real complaint was that lady painting her breasts and walking around again. I had hoped I had seen the last of that in Vegas.
    Jared Layman

Comment

Well

I loved the show and said that. But I still stand behind what I have said before and from the start! I would love to see both shows back together the bigger the better!!!!! Jared brother you and me too. Its one thing to see a good looking chick with nice hooters or even a ugly chick with nice hooters hell I will take a nice looking girl with small hooters! But there is no way in Hell I want to see an ugly chick with ugly hooters!!!! Shane and its Amen Brother Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
        I loved the show and said that. But I still stand behind what I have said before and from the start! I would love to see both shows back together the bigger the better!!!!! Jared brother you and me too. Its one thing to see a good looking chick with nice hooters or even a ugly chick with nice hooters hell I will take a nice looking girl with small hooters! But there is no way in Hell I want to see an ugly chick with ugly hooters!!!! Shane and its Amen Brother Shane this time!
        No joke. I couldn't believe it was the same lady again. Almost ruined my day.
        Jared Layman

Comment

Really, really, really missed the costume vendors. Gore Galore and a lot of the specialty costumers were there, but we still have huge demand for the regular character costumes - and no one to fill the void. Oh well, maybe next year. Everything else seemed right on, though.
          -------------------------------
          http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

I decided not to go to Saint Louis, ( Stayed home worked in the shop - insulated and rewired for 220 service ) ---> economy is going to hell and gotta think of spending less for heat - air conditioning...

SO,

how was Saint Louis compared to Chicago ?? Better / Worse ??

Im very curious.... I loved the idea of going to Saint Louis... when we disscussed it I was excited to see the arch in person but chose to get stuff done in the shop instead.

I guess thats my opinion.... its based upon everyones opinion ( Since I wasnt there ) I loved it in Chicago, but I could love it in Saint Louis too.

As far as the retail show, I for one had always enjoyed seeing all there was to offer. The models in skimpy clothes helped too !! ( LMFAO )
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com
            "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
            http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Transworld Haunt Conference

This year I was able to go through the entire exhibit hall and check out al products/services in 5 hours. My crew did the entire tradeshow floor in 4 hours. The evening events: Thursday tour; Friday Columbia haunts; and Saturday Haunts were enjoyable and would like to see as many haunted houses within a 2-3 hours radius as possible.

To attend Transworld and get the biggest bang for the buck, would like to see the retail suppliers again. Previously when attended the combined show in Chicago it took two 8-hour days to see everything and thus was worth sticking around for three to four days. In addition, save on my expenses since I could purchase gift shop items at the same show. Most haunted houses that I know of have a gift shop and can average $2 per every customer but we do not have massive halloween stores so it is hard to justify attending a sepearet retail store. It appears in Saint Louis there would be enough exhibit hall space to bring the shows back together again.
              Dr. Haunt's Chamber of Fear
              email: drhauntschamberoffear@yahoo.com

Comment

I guess it wouldn't matter if the retail people came back. I'm not interested in what they sell but I know other haunters do. I really enjoyed seeing all the haunt vendors all together. I had an excellent time, better than vegas!! I think Transworld should start on Thursday and end at noon on Sunday like larry said. I didn't have time to attend the Sunday show this year because I had to check-out of the Hotel and head back home at noon. If at all possible, I would like to see Transworld stay in March! Febuary is way to cold in my book, I can deal with March weather. My 2 cents
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I think the only way the Haunt Show and the Halloween show should be scheduled together is if they have a nude female roller-derby going on in the middle to mark out the seperate territorys, just like previous Rosemonts did, right Dirk?
                  (The girls should be older than 15 though)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lets Be Specific.... any girls or good looking young 18 - 40 year old girls...?? If yer gonna dream be specific....MAN !
                    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                    www.maliciousstudios.com
                    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Show

Start on Thursday and end at Noon Sunday would be great!

Comment

I liked it

- I wouldn't want to see the days increased... 3 full days was enough.
                        Yes, it was slow on Sunday but the first two days made up for that with insane traffic. I also liked the schedule Fri to Sun.

- I wouldn't want to see the two shows combined. I'd like to see the Haunt show increased in size and scope. TW now knows that they can make money off of a stand-alone show and will be focusing their attention on it. If they are combined again then our side will loose focus again.
                        Plus, having a retail show and a wholesale show right next to each other is confusing and not fair to vendors on both sides.

- I liked the city. St. Louis was a good city for us. The hotel being right across the street was awesome and the venue was very nice and a perfect size with room to grow into. There will need to be some changes of course (like better food court staff!)

- As a vendor it was easy to get in/out for setup/strike and the union guys were great people.

It worked... let's enhance it and move forward not backwards.
                        www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                        [Google+] [YouTube]
                        [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the show in St louis compared to Chicago for the main reason that there was alot of things that were closer to the convention center. And the walk right across the street from the Renaissance was very convenient. It would have been nicer to see things spread out a little more next year especially if the retail is not go8ing to be added on. I wouldn't mind having retail there or some more makeup focused vendors. I remeber the retail area from chicago and enjoyed the better selection of makeup for purchase.
                          ________
                          List of Ferrari engines specifications
                          Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 06:00 PM.
                          www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
                          "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
                          Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
                          Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

I personally would not want to see the retail side added to the show. We have our own show now, we're a REAL industry, and can survive on our own.

HOWEVER... I would like to see more make-up and effects vendors at the show. I'd also like to see Autograph Foliage at the show... I don't know if they ever attend shows, but it'd be NICE to place our plant order at the show! -Tyler
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I thought it was pretty good. It took us two days to get through it because we stopped and talked to alot of venders. We had to rush Sunday to order and ran out of time because we had to catch our plane. So I am saying I would like to see it start on Thursday. As far as combining it with the retail I could go either way but I say let them come to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X