Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Building Events - Calling All Experienced Input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Building Events - Calling All Experienced Input!

We're being asked to put together a pricing structure and details for corporate "Team Building" events at Raycliff Manor. Anyone with experience in doing this at your attraction, PLEASE email me at info@eurekascreams.com and let me know if there is a good time for me to call you to discuss. There may be an outstanding opportunity knocking at my door and I'm looking for all the insights on this I can gain... quickly! Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

What would you be doing? Having a group or groups theme out a room or put on a scary presentation? Kind of like the apprentice?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Team building

As far as team building events. Do you have any training experience?
      If not, you may need to find someone to handle that to do it well.

You need to set up the exercise, facilitate it, and then debrief it so they understand why they did what they did and how it pertains to the event or their perspective.

I have done training for Jaycees for twenty years and my day job the last ten years is as a trainer/facilitator for General Motors. We have done everything from new/transfer employee orientations (two weeks), team building, Red Cross CPR, Red Cross First Aid, Meyers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), team process, Gordon Graham's Navigating Change, work place organization, Global Manufacturing Systems, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Windows, intro to computers, pre-retirement design you successfull tomorrow, and more.
      When we had a corn maze, there were a couple of team buildings that we did. Each tailored to the companies' needs and wants.

Make sure you charge enough (can't stress this enough), find out what they want, and give them more than you promise.

Contact me if you have any questions.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

LASER TAG!!!!

Nothing better than bonding with a team than playing laser tag in teams, or against one another! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Team Building events

Hi,
          Consider a "mystery theater" approach -- it works for us. Depending on how much time they have, develop a story line where they (as smaller groups) have to solve a problem or find the way out by solving clues -- but they have to work together to figure it out. We sort of adapted the theory one night watching a SAW movie Anyway, these are crazy popular and companies are willing to pay good money for the experience. If their budget allows, we may also do snacks and beverages (we've done wine and cheese trays) -- a little high end for most; however, well worth the time and expense. Word does travel quickly for new and innovative ways for companies to have these team building outings -- I'm jealous you're indoors -- you could very easily stay booked year round!!
          Good luck - sounds like a lot of fun!
          tk
          "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
          ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

I live in a town that has a major university. They like to play a game called flip cup as a team building exercise.

Comment

I knew a guy who owned a mask shop and was a magician, he got hooked up with corporate entertaining and never looked back! He was paid very well and often!
              We have had murder/mysterys here and it will not like then walking-running through a haunt.
              They will be moving slowly the clock will be moving quickly, you might want to sell this as timed event? Which could add to the fun and excitement. The boogieman about adult things like this will be the adults who cannot "play" anymore or refuse to act, pretend at all. they become human manniquins! The death of the party!
              My original MM script could really get bogged down and become a clock-watching nightmare!
              Later scripts succeeded by setting two groups against one another, the people getting scared versus the busload of escaped lunatics scaring them as they went through here.(Just like a haunted house!)
              Clues were given somewhat along the way but the big clue was the code hidden in their names and birthdates which hooked in with the record of the numerous untimely murders over the years.
              This sort of thing can't be so simple that everyone figures it out right away but can't be so difficult that nobody can get it. Quite the trick figuring out how clever or dull-witted a group might actually be!
              Arrange for the group to rent a bus if possible, 20 years later and we are still waiting for Uncle Fred from Milwauke to find this place, we will just give hima few more minutes, then we must begin without him." Tick-tock-tick-tock.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks for the insights and feedback everyone! I have until Tuesday to prepare and present a couple of package options! It's a good thing I work well under pressure! LOL If you know of any websites that I can check out for "team building" ideas to incorporate into Raycliff Manor, please feel free to email them to me at info@eurekascreams.com I'm hoping this develops into something good. Thanks again!

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Several Haunts

Just bring their people here for a tour to inspire and enthuse them since I am open all year long, I'm available butt no" my behind is obscene tours" with lights on though, sorry.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ideas..

Hey Kel,

Hope all is well on your end.

This past halloween we did a "seek and find" inside our event. Everyone's names were printed on name tag paper prior to the event. Once everyone was together names were picked at random and separated into groups, 5-6 people per group.

Inside our attraction we placed multiple severed fingers but only a few had "Redrum" written on them. The goal was for each team to enter the attraction and "seek and find" as many of the Redrum fingers as they could in a specific amount of time. Clues were given prior to the entering as to where the Red rum fingers could be found. Most of our fingers were placed in areas that would produce a startle scare! When time was up we blew a horn for them to stop and exit the haunt.

The team with the most Redrum fingers won a prize. We gave out free passes to the haunt, shirts and GC's to a local Halloween Superstore.

The groups found this to be really fun and were excited to win prizes plus everyone got into it and the interaction was great.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Jason.
                    http://grimlockmanor.com/
                    http://grimlockmanor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X