Fire Proofing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Proofing?

So what's the best form of fire proofing to use? Is it using a paint additive, or regular coat applied after paint?

Also, what are the better products to buy?

And also, what are the cheaper products to buy for this?

Thanks in advance.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

For fire retardant to never want to go cheap, it's something you don't want to skimp on! We use NY Fire Sheild in both a spray and brush on form. We'll also have a big drum of it that we'll let fabrics soak in for 24 hours then air dried. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm not planning at all on going cheap, I'm just trying to find out what the price points are, so I can plan my budget occordingly.

Thanks for the info Tyler.
      Brad Bowen
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Hey Brad, Scott from Terrorplex, there's a new company this year called Twisted Monkey and they have a gallon of fire retardant for like $69, 1 gallon retardant, 2 gallons water, makes 3 gallons of fire proofing, stuff works good. If you have the TW floor map/vendor list, their webpage and phone number is there, if you don't have the list, let me know and I'll get you there personal phone number. Let them know that Scott from Terrorplex referred you. They are located in Arlington.

Comment

hey Brad,
          Are you going to have time this year for a haunt?????? SWEET!!!!! We will have to make a trek to see you then.... And Scott....... Where were you at the show????? We missed ya!
          And to the question at hand..... I would buy a 55 gallon drum and get sticky!!!
          Bart Butler
          HobNob Productions
          http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

I also was looking into this for my haunt!

I found a Paint in Black from a shermin Williams Store

It was like 64 or 65 dollars a gallon. From my estimates I can get about 2 4x8 foot panels front and back Fire proofed.

Do any of you have problems with the fire inspectors with the commerial Building code that states you have to use metal studs and Fire proof drywall?

Just a question i'd like to throw other there?
            Michael Chilson
            Brookdale Campground Haunted Halls
            Kozy Rest Campground Haunted Hay Ride
            ScareHouse Pittsburgh, Pa (Actor)
            Designer & Technical Director

Comment

Originally posted by michilson View Post

Do any of you have problems with the fire inspectors with the commerial Building code that states you have to use metal studs and Fire proof drywall?

Just a question i'd like to throw other there?

I've never heard of this.

Has anyone else?
              Brad Bowen
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by Spoils View Post
                hey Brad,
                Are you going to have time this year for a haunt?????? SWEET!!!!! We will have to make a trek to see you then.... And Scott....... Where were you at the show????? We missed ya!
                And to the question at hand..... I would buy a 55 gallon drum and get sticky!!!
                Yeah, I'm just gonna get the 55 gallon drum. It's gonna save me some good money.

And yes, we are working on a 12,000sq.ft building in Shreveport right now!
                I was hoping to stay in the East Texas area for a few more years, and then move to Shreveport, but an opportunity came up that I could not let go.

I'll keep you posted on how everything comes along.
                Brad Bowen
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Spooktakular View Post
                  Hey Brad, Scott from Terrorplex, there's a new company this year called Twisted Monkey and they have a gallon of fire retardant for like $69, 1 gallon retardant, 2 gallons water, makes 3 gallons of fire proofing, stuff works good. If you have the TW floor map/vendor list, their webpage and phone number is there, if you don't have the list, let me know and I'll get you there personal phone number. Let them know that Scott from Terrorplex referred you. They are located in Arlington.
                  Yeah man, I talked to those guys while we were at the Necropolis. I think ya'll are all one big team if I remember right. I deffinately wanna see what all they have. Are they gonna be selling it in 55 gallon drums?
                  Brad Bowen
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Safety

You may want to view my thread on Haunted Attraction's Message Board. Something to think about and an industry nightmare.

Steve.....
                    UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Yes, Brad, they have 55 gallon drums, fog machines, these machines that shoot colored flames in the air, bubble machines, various lighting things, etc... Send me an e-mail at goksucats526@hotmail.com and I'll give you their direct number.

Comment

Brad, http:www.twistedmonkeyfx.com is the company I've been referring to. I believe Chad Savage is finishing their website and it should be up soon.

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll check into it in a few weeks whenever it's up and running.
                          Brad Bowen
                          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

is twisted monkey out of business? there web site is down.
                            Also,... I need fire retardant!!! BAD!!! I have to spray EVERY thing down and I have none!! what is the home mix formula for fire retardant? does anyone know? I need to spray down 1200 Sq Ft worth of wall panels, front and back. thats around 60 walls.
                            www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

does this look right? I found this on the web.

Mix together nine ounces 20 Mule Team Borax and four ounces boric acid in one gallon water. If the article is washable, soak in the solution after final rinsing, then dry. If the garment is not washable, spray with the solution.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf79147904.tip.html
                              www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

Working...
                              X