Scene Building Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene Building Contest

Jason brought up a very cool idea ... I hope I dont step on any toes BUT I think in his Challenge to Larry post he struck something that sounds cool... At MHC they have makeup wars.... Costume Contests..... and etc.

How about his idea ?? ( Scene Building Contests ? )

All interested would enter to be chosen youd have to send video or pics or something like that. You would have a bunch of stuff pre selected and draw straws for whatever package youd use to design the scene... No scare points or animation, just best scen wins. ( based upon your skills )

Hey Barry, whats the chance this would work along with Monster Makeup Wars ?

How about prop contests ? Something like.... a bucky skull, latex, great stuff etc...

( To me this is a cool idea ) Both entertaining AND Educational....
    Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-01-2009, 12:05 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Seriously this is a good idea. I'm sure you'd have many people wanting to do this and many people would benefit from such an event. I don't think you should get groups who hate each other to go against each other it should be friendly and it should benefit something like HHA.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

i agree and why not even sell raffle tix to every one to bid on the scene or even have an auction on the scene at the end of the show . where the money would go tohha or a local charity or something

Comment

What happened to the other thread on a scene building contest?

Comment

Oh ( Damn ) no offense.... I really didnt know there was another thread on Scene building contest other than Jasons thread about him and Larry. I just thought he was really onto something. I really thought it was a great idea but more than just him and Larry. Hell give me a can of Great stuff and a bucky some material.... let me have my tools, I will show you a couple things I bet you NEVER thought of.

LMFAO

If there was another thread outside of Jasons I didnt know about I do appologize, I didnt "Highjack" this one on purpose....lol
          "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
          www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

If Jasons challenge was what your talking about.... I think Larry said no.....

You know that reminds me.... "I think theres some Bar B Que KFC in the fridge...."

( DAMN )

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

I LOVE this idea!
              Barry! What do you think???
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
                Oh ( Damn ) no offense.... I really didnt know there was another thread on Scene building contest other than Jasons thread about him and Larry. I just thought he was really onto something. I really thought it was a great idea but more than just him and Larry. Hell give me a can of Great stuff and a bucky some material.... let me have my tools, I will show you a couple things I bet you NEVER thought of.

LMFAO

If there was another thread outside of Jasons I didnt know about I do appologize, I didnt "Highjack" this one on purpose....lol
                No, that was the one I was talking about, did it get deleted?

Comment

I thought it was a very good idea. Maybe it should be promoted like a big Vegas boxing match. I wanted to offer up my experiance on haunting on a dime. I have mad dozens of human torsos using old sofa foam cussions. I strip off the cover and trace the shape of the body on the foam. You then carefully cut into the foam and cut out the form. after its cut out put a shirt and mask on it or add great stuff and bloody it up it all works. You can crank alot of these monkeys out for alot less than a hundred bucks.
                  I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Well.... would any others be interested? What are your opinions ? Lets hear some moe talk on the ide.... Im am very interested in THIS one...lol

I think it would work....

I think it would be beneficial......

and Most important, I think it would be funn!!

A great adition to MHC ?

Who's ready to sign up ?
                    WHAT DO ALL OF U THINK ?

Malicious Studios
                    www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post
                      No, that was the one I was talking about, did it get deleted?
                      Oh yeah it got deleted...lol 2...lol its in negative post heaven...LMFAO

Malicious Studios
                      www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

You guys might want to give both "sides" the same materials and see what each one comes up with. The judging would be easier than if you had all different props and materials.
                        Sarah Meier
                        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Well... of course. That's what I stated earlier. A skull prop for example.... 1 skull great stuff, latex, etc. per person. winner gets something some kind of prize, and pieces are auctioned off whether it be scenes built in a competition or props built it would be auctioned off for charity, or to the winner, or HHA or whatever. I say everyone should have the same materials but should be allowed to bring tools I.e. special brushes, tools etc. no materials only tools in addition to tools supplied by contest. Some of like to use our own tools and we have our own methods for materials.

Yes, everyone has to be restricted to the same materials or 1 it wouldn't be fare and 2 it would be impossible to judge.

Someone like Barry would have to set it all up to se what is possible or is fare.

The scene competition would be a bit harder to set up than the prop competition, but man... would it be nice to watch say 2 or 3 people compete for scen design ?? Everyone watching would learn from it.

Or imagine watching Bo or Brady... or Jason or pros vs. Joes in a all out prop competition ? What would you learn from that ?
                          Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-02-2009, 02:49 AM.

Malicious Studios
                          www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

In Addition to

In addition to the idea, maybe the contestants will receive an email regaurding materials to be used once they are chosen. This way they can do so research... this will help them prepare for the show AND everyone will learn more. If they knewthey were going to use latex, they could prepare themselves and tools I will need to apply lates using their particular method

Better prepared contestants equal better teachers.

Malicious Studios
                            www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Hmmmmm

I think it is a very good idea. Let's weigh the pros and cons:

Pros:
                              It would be a fun competition
                              Opportunity to get new ideas
                              Could be used as a fundraiser

Cons:
                              People already "complain" that we pack too much into the weekend
                              There is not a time when it would not conflict with something else
                              When would I find time to organize it???? LOL
                              Who would want to spend a good portion of a day out of their booth, missing classes, and/or not shopping with the vendors??

Comment

Working...
                              X