No announcement yet.

Dinner Prizes & Costume Contest Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner Prizes & Costume Contest Anyone?

I don't know if Larry will even allow this here but TransWorld 2009 is in the record book!

I would like feedback from everyone here. I will continue my dinner for TW 2010 and would like to include a costume contest! I will pay out of my own pocket the first $1000.00 in cash prize money.
    $500.00 first place!
    $300.00 second place!
    $200.00 third place!
    $100.00 fourth place

I will also guarantee $5000.00 in door prizes from vendors. I gave away over $1800.00 this year or should I say the great vendors did and again I THANK THEM!

So guys give me some feed back. Would you like to see the dinner kicked up with the contest? I am working on this now so I know it will be bigger and better! Shane and its Insane Shane Dinner 2010 will it ever end? Shane this time!
    sigpic

Shane if promoted properly this could turn out to be the TW ball dinner and costume party. I think you need to talk to Jenn at TW and get the ball rolling while they are still excited about the turnout for the 09 show. Insane Shanes party could be the hit of 2010!
    Greg
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Shane I like this idea a lot. Instead of you forking out $1k of your own money, you may can get 10 people or vendors to fork out $100 each. Just trying to help you save money here.

If you can get the ball rolling on this, it may very well be THE dinner event of TW.
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Shane, I would like to see you roll with it.

A ball would be a lot of fun, too.

Cheers!
        Sarah Meier
        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

YES! great idea
          ________
          Toyota Corolla E10
          Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011, 06:01 PM.
          www.thedeadland.com

House Of 1000 Corpses (Baby)
          "These are all my dolls. I used to like to chop their heads off and their arms and stick 'em up on the wall."

House on Haunted Hill 1959
          Frederick Loren: Mr. Pritchard here promises us genuine ghosts.
          Watson Pritchard: 7 now. Maybe more before morning.

Comment

Very generous of you Shane, that will be sure to bring you more attention, just what you're looking for obviously!!! :wink:

By the way, where was Pat Benatar you said she was coming with you? I had my autograph book ready!

Seriously though, do you think a costume contest is a good idea? I didn't see Jake's Steaks restaurant, but I heard it was too small a venue and having people run around in costumes at some places even bigger than Jakes next year might not be a popular idea...Just a thought?

Darkangel

Comment

Shane,
              I think this is a great idea! I know I would definitely attend!
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Darkangel

You could get more attention if you put fourth the effort! Don't be a hater just because you seem jealous of me. If you meet me you might actually like me.

Now as far as Jakes goes the whole reason for this thread is to get input and to see if we need to move somewhere else. Actually the suggestion of having them cater to us is what I would like to see and maybe have everyone eat maybe in the food court area. Anyway keep the suggestions coming.

Darkangel I don't need the attention of this Industry I have it now. What I do want now that I have it is to give all these guys and gals a good time and something they will look forward to each year. I don't see anything wrong with making or trying to make my friends and Industry family have a fun and eventful event! Shane and its Dark remember who your playing with! Shane this time.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree with Greg. Get Transworld to sponsor it. They already had the welcome cocktail party. Lets just change it to a costume ball. Mike
                  Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Come on Shane I know who I'm playing with. After seeing you in person, I'm all the more encouraged! LOL j/k

It's cool what you're doing I'm by no means jealous I go out to dinners all the time with great folks I would have come to yours if I weren't busy at the time. But it's what you're trying to do.

Not to get off topic again, but where was Pat Benatar?

Darkangel

Comment

Shane, I can tell you now. If you start promoting a big ball now with costume contest and all the prizes, you’re going to need a place much biger then any restaurant can handle my friend. I didn’t get to go to your dinner this year. I had already had plans before I found out about it. (Yes, I was one of the suckers that thought Thursday darkness tour would be something special with the "lights on".

And there were a lot of people that would have gone if they would have known about it sooner.
                      So watch out and just be prepared for the crowds next year.

Count me and my crew in. (That’s 6-10 more right there)

Marc

Comment

Dark

It appears you were not in on the whole joke. The cat did not bite.

Parker I am going to be working on this today and making calls keep the comments and suggestions coming in!!!!Shane and its it would have been funner had he. Shane this time!
                        sigpic

Comment

We will be there

Shane count us in we wont miss it this time. That will be 4-6 of us

Comment

Ok Talked To Jen..

From TransWorld today. Were going to talk more next week and see if we can work together on this. I will not allow it to become a profit thing and take money from the show floor and vendors . I hope me and TransWorld can work together and make this the Rubies Show of the Haunt Industry!

I know with the support I have and am getting this will be something I will be proud to have my name on as well as TransWorld. Please any support you can give me will be taken and I will do my best to make this a big fun filled kick off party to TransWorld 2010! Shane and its I want let you down! Shane this time!
                            sigpic

Comment

Shane, I also think having any kind of party would be best hosted in a big place (such as the convention floor). Catering would be awesome, whether it's Jake's or not (so long as it's not the concession stand food, LOL).

If the venue of a dinner is the convention center show floor, then it would be nothing to add on a ball, if the people want it. Lots of versatility there.
                              Sarah Meier
                              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Working...
                              X