Scream Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Text

Was everyone able to check out this vendor at Transworld? http://www.screamtext.com/

What do you guys think? Anyone used another texting company during the season?

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
    Located in Richmond, VA

Sounds like they send text messeges to cell phones ??

Yeah, most people are blocking that kind of thing these days.... arent they ? I know I plan to... nothing pisses me off more than to recieve advertisement text messages on my cell. ( Even though at Halloween season Id love to recieve messages from haunts all over Ohio )

But most I think would be blocked.... ( Damn )
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I picked up info but didn't talk to anyone.

If you sending to people that have provided numbers and allow the text messaging..OK.

But if it is unsolicited text broadcasting then I'd vote a big NO!!!

I actually had text messaging blocked on my phone because I started receiving unsolicited text advertising!! Some of my kids complain, I just say if it's that important...CALL ME!!
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

scream text

I talked to them. I have known Logan and Brett for a few years.

From what I have read and heard, it is totally opt in by the recipients. You advertise the number and they text in to start it by opting in. You can run specials to them, coupons, directions, vote for your favorite monster, and more. Just like email blasts that your customers opt into.

This is the way the kids are communicating. TEXT TEXT TEXT.

We will probably sign up at Hauntcon. I heard they are probably going to be there as well as possibly do a seminar to explain it all. I researched it on the internet and called a vendor and it is pretty complicated and way more costly to try to set it up yourself.

For us old guys, and I am talking about most of us/you/them that run events, we may not understand it, but it needs attention. Remember MySpace??
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

You actually have to text a number and it sends you an opt in text back from what he explained to me.

It would be a good promotional think for teens. You can then send a coupon out with a certain number on it or message.

Could work out. I picked up the brochure and am going to do more research on it.

Comment

Working...
          X