Rorschach IS Freddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rorschach IS Freddy

Jackie Earle Haley takes over from Englund as Freddy in the new Nightmare.........

I wonder

If the new Nightmare will be as bad as the original?

Comment

I saw that... you know he's not much younger than Robert England so why not just have Robert do it again. That is what I find odd... but yeah I think that is a pretty good choice!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Freddy

I agree with Haunted house nut................this movie SUCKED !!!

REALLY SUCKED !!!
        Last edited by creep house; 04-04-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

In its day it was considered very scary. Thats what i was thinking isnt he just a little younger than Robert. And all ive heard is they didnt cast Robert Englund because of his age. Thats alot of B.S! Robert Englund is the best as Freddy and as a really friendly and down to earth guy. I will never forget meeting him at the Darkness. I waited almost 2 hrs to meet him but it was friggin Awesome! And I still have the pics and the glove he signed and wore of mine too.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

from what I've read on other forums... Robert refused to sign on to a remake.

If they were to make another installment in the series, he would consider doing that, but an actual remake of the original- he considered it insulting in a way.

I know it's just revamping an already great movie, but he wouldn't do it. The producers were already financially involved and wanted to keep the project going with-or-without Englund.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

He was also pissed that they overlooked him at first and then later when the backlash came...they approached him and he said no.
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

why did it suck?

I found the original three movies of NMOES very entertaining and scary. Freddy was suppose to be sadistic, yet funny toying and torturing his victims before killing them in the most horrific ways. Also he killed while teens were sleeping, everyone needs to sleep eventually. Talk about pressure go to sleep and die for doing so.

Also just to outright say any movie sucked without backing up your statement without a reason why is a bit arrogant.

All I hope is that the remake is not riddled with CGI effects, the original series got along just fine without the CGI effects. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by spong8 View Post
                  i found the original three movies of nmoes very entertaining and scary. Freddy was suppose to be sadistic, yet funny toying and torturing his victims before killing them in the most horrific ways. Also he killed while teens were sleeping, everyone needs to sleep eventually. Talk about pressure go to sleep and die for doing so.

Also just to outright say any movie sucked without backing up your statement without a reason why is a bit arrogant.

All i hope is that the remake is not riddled with cgi effects, the original series got along just fine without the cgi effects. Imo
                  arrogant?.....i can be arrogant if i want to...

Its my opinion !!!!! Ok .....you little drama queen !!--spong8

Comment

I have met Robert and had dinner with him, he made an appearance here in St. Louis for us. He is the wisest person I've met, he's smart, and I can't imagine he would have turned down the role. Robert loves his fans that much is for sure! He also loves Freddy and I'm sure he'd love to do it again. Oh well...

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The Nightmare On Elm Street franchise is my favorite horror movie franchise, period! I respect the right of others to disagree, but it is definitely my personal favorite. I truly enjoyed the way the horror was spiced with a bit of cruel comedy. Freddy enjoyed bringing suffering and death to his victims, and he showed that joy. What a great character... The exact opposite of the completely stoic Jason from Friday the 13th. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Jason as an indestructible, mute, killing machine, but for me nothing tops hearing Freddy mock and "mess with" his victims before bringing them their demise.

Comment

Working...
                      X