kids 15 to 18 preregistration .......... $35
    kids 15 to 18 at the door ............... $75
    kids 10 to 14 preregistration ............. $100
    kids 10 to 14 at the door .............. $200
    kids 9 and under preregistration ....... $300
    kids 9 and under at the door ......... $600
    kids in strollers ad to admission .. $1,000

ok problem solved hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    rotflmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

Comment

We have a 3 year old - no way would I take her to TW even if they offered daycare (strangers watching my little one - no thank you). She stays with family back at home. I guess the daycare option would be nice for others who have children and don't have family back home to watch them, but some of the best networking takes place after show in social settings.

This is a place of business and I think it's done well staying that way (without children).
      Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
      The White Star Farm
      "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Trade shows are no place for kids under 16 years old. The only way it might be a good idea would be to have kids come during a certain time slot, like Sunday afternoon.

Wayne

Comment

You Have to Be Creative.

Have a day care located in the center of the Transworld show floor build a structure with chocolate siding, candy cane railings, gingerbread roofing,rock candy windows, don't forget the ovens inside for the kids that are bad.
          Fairybook Daycare!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think Its a good idea for kids to got to the show as long as the parents or guardians look after them. Just hope the kids don’t freak out being exposed to this stuff at such a young age. If they don’t freak then you know the kids have some serous problems and will probably contribute to the haunt industry when they grow up. I honestly believe getting kids exposed to this at a young age will benefit the haunt industry in the future. I do not know if you would get in trouble allowing kids under 18 in the shows though. exposing them to the gore, and props with “Boobies”. This is just my thinking though.

-Frank
            Frank W. Balzer
            FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
            http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
            --------------------------------------------------
            www.RotHauntedHouse.com
            www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Is there anyway we can get that one lady to quit showing her breasts at this show. Seriously, enough is enough.

As far as kids I don't care if they are there as long as they aren't causing trouble. There are already a bunch of people there that don't really need to be there so why not add some more. The problem is not every parent properly supervises their children and they let them run wild no matter where they are. I have two kids and my oldest could handle the show just fine. It isn't like
              she is going to be taking up vendors time and catalogs. I would keep a handle on my children, other people might not though. I wouldn't even consider bringing my youngest though. He is too little and wild. Cute but wild.

It is always funny to me to read about who should be allowed to attend and who shouldn't. Should there be kids? Should there be actors? Should there be people who don't own a haunt and walk around and only taking pictures? Should there be that one woman who won't wear a shirt? Everybody wants to come to the show and have their opinions and then every year we have to listen to people cry and complain about the show and cry about the food and cry about the haunt tours and cry about other haunters and cry about the weather and cry about why this person didn't talk to me or this person doesn't respect me. This show already isn't all about just conducting business so why not add some more distractions.
              Jared Layman

Comment

I'm very much against kids at most any tradeshow. Trade shows are not conventions. I'm especially against kids at this trade show because of the adult content. I think the liability is reason enough to settle the issue.

The most common arguments I see for are "my kids can handle it" or "I'm under age, but I can handle it". Should TW start having psychological testing for under age registrants as part of the registration process? Yes, I'm sure everyone's kids are little angels (even if it's likely angels of death in this industry), but once you open things up, where do you draw the line? Sure, parents can quiet their kids back down and remove them. Lets say that only takes 5 minutes of show time as a disturbance. Now lets multiply that by 500 people bringing their kids and only taking that 5 minutes of disturbance. That's hours of annoyance for people wanting to do business.

I look at it simply as what the upside and downside of allowing kids in the show would be. The downside is far greater than the upsdie. For those who want to expose their kids (or themselves for the 14 year olds out there) to the industry, look at conventions, not trade shows. They are not the same thing.
                sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

I would say lower the age of kids allowed to enter. I have two young boys and I know they would love seeing the stuff at the show. I would say some of it is unsuitable because of gore/nudity or whatever. Like that f'up stuff girl prop. I think maybe 10 to 13 yrs of age is maybe old enough. I know I want to take my sons someday and I really dont want to have to wait till they are 18yrs old. If they start charging a fee to enter then Im with everyone else they need to offer more.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

My take on kids

I have to say, I love kids! Have one of my own.
                    But there should NOT be kids allowed for a few reasons (if these are doubles, I apologize!)
                    1. You can't rely on parents to keep an eye on them.
                    2. It isn't exactly a safe place for kids to run around in, especially with all of the pneumatics running and the people who can't walk around the ADULTS.
                    3. The flyers and handouts will be flying out of the vendors hands - especially with the teens, who may think they are cool.
                    4. Have you ever been hit in the back of the heel with a stroller? OUCH!
                    5. It will take away from the atmosphere. I remember the conversation about Tradeshow Vs Convention. Tradeshows are about buisness. Who can concentrate with the environment a bunch of kids can create?
                    I could see a case by case exception, ie... Hellsgate, he's over 16 and is involved heavily with a haunt. Or Ben's kid. I saw him at a show, can't remember when, but he was a tiotal mini-Ben, very professional, asked great intelligent questions, really got into it!
                    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedMemphis View Post
                      the liability is reason enough to settle the issue.

I agree.

The downside is far greater than the upsdie.
                      Again, I agree.

Although I would like to see Hell's Gate and a couple others be able to go, the fact is, there is still the legal liability and insurance premiums, yadda yadda.

There has to be a cut-off somewhere.

But as for the conventions, I say, "Bring 'em on, baby!"
                      Sarah Meier
                      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Hey why not let kids go. The kids are a good gauge for whats hot and whats not and may help im making the right purchases. More importantly they may help sway from making a bad buy as well. They certainly must me monitored. No one wants to hear 20,000 times hey mister whats this, hey mister, hey mister.......
                        I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

I know some kids can behave themselves, but there are plenty of parents that turn a blind eye to what their child is getting into. At MHC, we had a small child try to climb the side of our booth and they knocked over several items. The mother was oblivious as we were picking up the mess in his wake. Kids are great, but should not be at a tradeshow where vendors have expensive items on display and are trying to conduct business.
                          Katie Lane
                          Partner/VP
                          Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                          sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

NO NO NO KIDS (under 13)

Since we have broken down the barrier of the difference between all the shows/tradeshows/conventions etc. since orders, networking, tours, socials, association meetings, and awards all happen at ALL OF THESE EVENTS, it is now time to debate kids at the Transworld show.

That said, the possible reasons for "liability" issues at previous TW shows were the adult costumes, scantily clad models, and the big one; "alcohol" being served by vendors to buyers.

Here are my reasons to eliminate the liability issues.
                            I am ok with waiting to drink until after the show. It was those big guys like Rubies that served the buyers wine and such, probably to lube up those buyers of thousands of costumes.

I am ok with no adult costumes or scantily clad models unless they are set up in a seperate area. If they return.

I am ok with someone telling the one woman who does NOT resemble a model, does not have any uplifting attributes, her presence haunts even haunters, and thinks she is at a clothes optional resort, to "PUT YOUR TOP ON!!!!" In fact, someone please say this to her no matter what the future holds.

As for kids age 0-12, NO!! NO !!! NO !!! and NO!!. As for teenagers, YES. They are most likely going to be well behaved, not climb on booths, try to help decide with parents what to buy, and serve as advisors as to what appeals to a good part of our market.

Should they (13 and up) attend the after parties and socials? Leave it up to the organizers and state law.

Should there be a lower charge for them to enter the event if one is charged. No.
                            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post
                              I know some kids can behave themselves, but there are plenty of parents that turn a blind eye to what their child is getting into. At MHC, we had a small child try to climb the side of our booth and they knocked over several items. The mother was oblivious as we were picking up the mess in his wake. Kids are great, but should not be at a tradeshow where vendors have expensive items on display and are trying to conduct business.
                              Haunts do tell people at the beginning of the haunt tour to PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH. Well why should that change at tradeshows?

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                                I say no kids and no fees, kids will just be in the way and unlike crew members thay have no input to what is needed for the haunt.
                                Originally posted by Motograter View Post
                                I'm with you on this one ice. I am sorry I love kids and I want kids some day but I wouldn't want them at this kind of a show. It is strictly business, when I'm walking through Oak islands haunted walk-thur display I wouldn't want kids hanging out inside goofing off thinking that the claustrophobia walls is a playground.
                                Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
                                As far as the younger deadicated haunters under 18.... "It wont be long and you will be 18, the show will still be there. Keep learning and accelling at what you do because everyone will be depending on you to run everying later. Everything takes time.... drivers licenses, school, college, becoming an adult ( 18 ) or even growing to the ripe age of 21 so you can purchase alcohol ( HERES A SPOILER.... 21 ISNT AS GREAT AS YOU MAY THINK ...LMFAO ) Everything takes time.... dont be in to much of hurry to grab life by the reigns.... this will come sooner than you think.
                                I agree with all the above statements.

With that said, I do NOT think the age limit should be changed. All I see from this thread is (and I put the term loosely) avaricious people. What may be good for some may not be good for others.

Young kids under 18 hardly even have a job, what can they afford. I understand they might bring ideas, but can't that wait til you get home and show them some catalogs?

TW is a buying show, so your talking to a vendor ready to place an order and your child takes off to look at other things. Why would he/she do that b/c they are bored and don't feeling like waiting for mom and dad to place an order which might take 15 minutes or longer. Buying decisions are up to the adults and NOT the children.

Sorry but you young home haunters NEED to have patience and wait it out. If by 18 you still have the itch to haunt then I say go to TW and see what all the fuss is about. Until then, keep on learning.

Comment

Working...
                                X