Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHC vs MLG

Dear Readers

This year taking place at the same time of the Midwest Haunters Convention is the Major League Gaming Convention! Thats right get your scares and your games all in one place. Not some sort of Christian people who when you leave the floor ask if they can pray for you! Thought some of you would find this interesting...Gamers and Haunters in one place....watch out Columbus!
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

I love gaming. That sounds awesome.

It was bizzare having that Jesus event at Transworld. You had monsters running around trying to scare them, and on the other side you had some of those people trying to save haunters. That wa funny! That went to show and prove sterotypes of our industry still exist.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Is it roleplaying or video gaming or what? I thought about going to Gencon this year. I think it is called Gencon, that gaming convention in Indianapolis. Unfortuately it is either the week after or before Wizard World Chicago and I don't want to travel two weekends in a row.
      Jared Layman

Comment

That was one of my favorite lifetime memories. Last year at MHC, getting on the elevator and having a a group with bibles in there and then one floor down, a group of haunters in full costume get on. It was bibles on one side of the elevators and haunters on the other. All I could think about was the big showdown scene in THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY and the quick camera cut shots of the eyes. Guess they would have been the good, the haunters in costume the bad and I was....Nevermind
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Tater,

MHC should put you on the payroll. That post could potentially get those folks on the fence about coming to commit. Afterall, many haunters are self-proclaimed 'kids that never grew up'...LOL. Great information! Thanks for the post.

Patti
          Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
          www.HauntWorld.com
          www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
          www.FindHauntedHouses.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
          It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

That was so funny last year having that convention alongside MHC, i cant tell you how many run-in's the group i was hanging out had with them...and they were allll funny lol. The best one was with tater and friends on the elevator!

Did anyone realize that only a few doors down there was a knitting convention going on at the same time as MHC?! Whats really funny about that was we talked to a few of the older knitters that wanted to walk through and see our showroom, they belonged to a group called "The Knitting Bitches"...so cute

Gamers convention should be intresting to say the least....

OdetteDespairr
            Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie
            “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

ooo ooooo! Another funny time was when the buses were loading for the haunt tours at the EXACT same time busses were loading for the church groups to go to their thing. Can you imagine the fun if some of them ended up coming with us or vice versa!!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

There was such an interesting mix of people at the convention center last year: knitters, quilters (who apparently do not like knitters), a small gaming group, a child actor seminar series, and a formal wedding at the Hyatt the night of the costume ball. Those bridesmaids did not look happy to see us...
                Katie Lane
                Partner/VP
                Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

You're right Tater! Looks like an interesting event plus a graduation! Here is the lineup from the convention center site:

Fri 06/05/09 — Sun 06/07/09 2009 Major League Gaming Pro Circuit

MLG Cols is the 2nd stop of the historic 2009 season! See the best pro gamers in the world battle it out for cash prizes and bragging rights. Bring your controller and see how you do in the official open and free for all competitions.

www.mlgpro.com Hall D Open to Public

Sat 06/06/09 Griffith Productions

Griffith Productions Hall E Private Event

Sat 06/06/09 ITT Technical Institute June 2009 Graduation

The June 2009 Graduation Ceremony for ITT Technical Institute will be held Satuday, June 6, 2009 from 2-4pm. Congratulations Graduates! Ballroom 5 Private Event

Sat 06/06/09 Midwest Haunters Convention

The Midwest Haunters Convention is a weekend event planned for Haunted Attraction Producers, Actors, Makeup Artists and Home Haunters taking place June 5/7, 2009.
                  www.midwesthauntersconvention.com Hall C Private Event

Comment

I guess the Z-dub didn't make it to the official convention center agenda...

Sat 06/06/09 - ZombieWalk Columbus

Cans, corpses, and community! ZombieWalk Columbus is, once again, raising the dead to feed the living. This next generation charity event urges participants to dress as creatures from beyond the grave, or as creatures who refuse to go to the grave in the first place (it's a half-empty/half-full kind of thing for zombies), and walk about town collecting non-perishable food items for the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.

Eh, we're still workin' out the details... We may or may not be allowed inside the convention center this time... I guess there was an incident with some blood on some carpet. You know how it is. But I know we'll at least be walking near the MHC.

Now back to topic... I didn't realize so many haunters are into gaming. I haven't owned a console since the GameCube, but I play WOW every now and then. It's teh pwnsauce.. lolz.
                    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

I'm sure that Sheldon will be there to once again upstage the ZWC, just like last year. :P
                      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Illinois View Post
                        I'm sure that Sheldon will be there to once again upstage the ZWC, just like last year. :P
                        Haha, I would hope so. As I mentioned in a previous thread, Crushorn would look silly in a wheelchair.

Comment

So do I need to bring my customized Guitar Hero controller to the MHC so I can rock the house at Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

Comment

Originally posted by actiondeath View Post
                            Haha, I would hope so. As I mentioned in a previous thread, Crushorn would look silly in a wheelchair.
                            Yeah, I remember how last year you cried about how he took attention away from your little ZWC event. I'm sure he'll steal the show again this year.

GO SHELDON!!!!!!
                            Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                            Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted Illinois View Post
                              Yeah, I remember how last year you cried about how he took attention away from your little ZWC event. I'm sure he'll steal the show again this year.

GO SHELDON!!!!!!
                              If you want to bait me, Adam, please start a new thread. Remember the rules and be respectful to Tater. Ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X