Haunting sounds....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunting sounds....

The biggest thing I added/upgraded to my haunt last year was sound! It's amazing what the hearing sensation can add to a persons mood, kind of like watching a movie before they add the soundtrack.

I'm not big on music in a haunt, unless it corresponds to something happening in the scene, ie; haunted piano/organ, radio on, etc. so I stick to the usual suspects; howling wind, thunder, screams, cats, phantom laughter, etc. A couple of years ago I tried this with an mp3 program that let you multi layer and add echo, pitch, etc. but it was only a 14 day trail, the cd did alright and I got some compliments but it didn't compare to last years sound track.

I just happened upon Audacity a completely free MP3 editor last year and used sounds that I found on the net. I couldn't believe this app. it was way better and had more features than the app. that wanted some $60 to purchase. It came out pretty nice and was very effective, I received tons of complements on the sounds. Also the free app. had size limitation, Audacity let me record the whole 3 hours (could have gone longer) as 1 track! This year I hope to record some of my own effects and completely redo the soundtrack yet again. The first year I used a cd but also last year I got to just use an MP3 player patched into a larger system that was hidden in a cabinet on my front porch.

Anyway I just thought I'd pass this along for anyone looking for a cheap way to add sound!

And you can check out some of my sound/effects track. in my video on youtube: Zombiehorror's Halloween Graveyard 08

Hope this info helps some fellow haunters this year!
    Last edited by zombiehorror; 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM. Reason: Typed in wrong application!

Used Audacity!!

I don't see where one can edit a post on here so.....I used Audacity for my soundtrack not Mixxx! I was going to use Mixxx but never got the chance (& didn't need to) once I used Audacity! Sorry for the misdirection for those interested. Damn! Now I see "EDIT", ok fixed previous post to read Audacity!
    Last edited by zombiehorror; 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM. Reason: Typed this before seeing the edit button! DUH!

Comment

A good way to compliment your sounds is by picking the proper drivers and horns to reproduce sounds accurately. Driver placement also plays key factor into greating your effect.

Comment

Fyi

If you are interested in other AMBIENT SOUND TRACKS. i have 17 different ones on my website.

Just click on the link below and LISTEN TO SAMPLES.
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Thank you! We will check it out
          Denver Haunted Houses

Comment

Working...
          X