Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Ride Coffin Simulator...

Hello all!
    I just wanted to ask those that have this (or another version) what you think?
    I know Haunted Enterprises sells one and have heard rumors of another company having it but cannot find any info on it.
    Last year at MHC we got a flier for it but he didn't have one to try at the show.
    We try to be very careful about purchases and are just considering this for this year or next.
    There isn't a lot of info on it online (a few youtubes/articles) but not riding it myself, it's hard to tell.
    You can PM me if you don't want to *spoil* details here on the forums!
    Thanks everyone!

Kirk
    Kirk Boemmel
    Dark Ghost Manor
    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Kirk

Your right Haunted Enterprises has one. I seen it a few years back and they have made it even better now with the addition of smells from sinister scents. I purchased one at TW this year. I would say give it a try I am thinking it will be a good money maker! Shane and its $3.00 per ride! Shane this time!!
    sigpic

Comment

Its quite a ride. I like the track with the speeding hearse and all but I think an old horse drawn hearse would be cooler. And more gothic. I think if I had one I would want to set up a camera inside with an outside monitor so people could see the reactions on the persons face in it. The smells are neat but really almost run you out by the end. I guess there might be a way to adjust them. Its a bumpy, shakey ride for sure. I would put a warning for people w/ lower back pain ect not to ride in it. Just for safetys sake.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

You can get it all set up with a camera inside.
        It just was not hooked up at TW

If you freak out and need to stop it when your inside
        you just open lid and it stops.
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Cool I didnt know they had that option. Then its a great buy.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

i think they were throwing in the camera if you
            ordered at TW
            Even if they weren't it's still a good deal.
            Gary
            Midnight Evil Productions
            www.MidnightEvil.com
            Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
            www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Is there a big 'punch' to the end.
              The smells sound neat.
              I heard about one that had a face light up or bug attack?

Kirk
              Kirk Boemmel
              Dark Ghost Manor
              www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

We purchased one at TW last year. Our thought was to take it to fairs/carnivals to promote the haunt. We had a problem with the initial shipment and when we got the coffin it was damaged. Called HE and they sent us another top. Once getting it, it was in worse condition than the first. Problem we found was that they were using seconds (from over seas) and the wood was damaged in several places. Some other issues arose throughout and still exist (PM me for further details). I will say that eventually they took care of us with some refund, but we did not find that people were as thrilled with it as we thought. Most didn't want to "get in a coffin before their time".

We have the camera inside ours and the kids love to watch others. I don't feel that it was worth the hassle or money, but it could simply be our area that doesn't support this type of ride.

Just a side note, we do not have the scents in ours, that is something new for this year that they didn't offer before.

Just our experience with the ride.

Comment

A haunt I went to this year had one and I thought it was awesome, very unique. Unfortunately I'm a special case, and apparently it didn't work out great for them. They initially charged $10 per ride, but when I visited later in the season the price had dropped to 2 or 3 dollars per ride, as they were trying to get more people to try it. In talking to them after the season, they said that more people claimed to be claustrophobic than they had anticipated and it wasn't nearly as successful as they'd hoped. They are not offering it this season. Also, when I went through it, the line was made up of mostly macho guys who wanted to prove they could do it. This just limits the demographic of people who will go through it. The ride itself is very cool though.

I believe Tony at Spookywoods has 1 of 2 of them, maybe he can share some of his experiences with it.

Hope that helps
                  Mike Quill
                  Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

There was one set up next to the waiting line to a haunted house I visited this year, while there were probably several hundred people in line I only saw one person ride the coffin (the haunt charged $3 per ride, Im pretty sure) the entire hour and a half I was waiting inside. Maybe this could work for someone as a sort of combo package/ticket deal with a haunted house ticket?
                    I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
                    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

Comment

Spookywoods Last Ride

We built a shop in our Midway just for two of these coffin rides. It paid for itself in the first year. Granted the through put is low, however the press coverage as seen in the You Tube video and word of mouth is the real payback with these rides. We charge $5.00 per ride, most of the time two people at a time. One of ours has smells and one does not.

Last edited by twohlgemuth; 04-14-2009, 12:00 PM.
                      Tony Wohlgemuth,
                      Comes up with the fun stuff!
                      Kersey Valley, Inc.
                      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

That's a great point!
                        The advertising (be it news/word-of-mouth/paper) would probably pay for itself.

Kirk
                        Kirk Boemmel
                        Dark Ghost Manor
                        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

We do not have the one with the scents. I don't think it was available at the time we purchased ours. We do have the one that blows air for the bugs crawling all over you. We had several hundred people in line for the haunt and still only sold about 20 rides for the season and it was right beside the ticket booth.

In my opinion, it is much more effective to take somewhere off site to promote (like carnivals) and the teens really like it. It does however show it's wear and tear fast with kids getting in and out of it.

Well thought product, just need the people to get over the "fear of death" to get in it.

They will let us scare the piss out of them but don't want to truely know what it's like to get into a coffin "before their time".

Haunt Enterprise folks are very nice and went out of their way on a claim for damage for us but I am not sold on the product.

Would be willing to sell ours if you really want one.

Comment

Spookhaven,

How much are you asking for your coffin ride and what is the condition of it? I might add a 3rd one to our Last Ride Building.

Thanks!
                            Tony Wohlgemuth,
                            Comes up with the fun stuff!
                            Kersey Valley, Inc.
                            www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Scents

Well if anyone wants to upgrade to the scented one......I am sure either Haunted Enterprises or Sinister Scents can help with either.

I think there is up to 4 scents....I am selling them and don't know...sorry!!!
                              flowers/roses for funeral parlor part
                              Exhaust scent...for the ride to the grave
                              dirt for the buried part

The 4th I can't remember...thought it was a blast of just bad at the end...brain fart sorry
                              Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Working...
                              X