Payment Processing Solutions for the Haunt Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Processing Solutions for the Haunt Industry

My name is Sean McCartney and I work for Moneris Solutions...I have talked with many folks in your industry over the past couple months and I am really excited about helping as many of you as possible with your payment processing needs now and in the future...I already have signed up quite a few haunters and I am looking to help more...Whether you need help with Web payments, wireless terminals, virtual terminals, standard terminals or on line check acceptance...I can and will help you get set up with a solution to all of your web, wholesale, haunt and event needs...Look for my banner on this site and my ad in the June Mag...My focus this year is helping the Haunt industry and I am really looking forward to it...Give me a call or email me for more info...

thanks!

Sean McCartney
    866-754-7449
    smccartney@hbms.com

Okay, so, I have a question...

Our second haunt is an outdoor haunt and at that location we sell tickets out of a trailer. You state you have "wireless terminals". Does that mean I can accept credit cards without having to drop a phone line to the ticket trailer?

---Patti
    Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
    www.HauntWorld.com
    www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
    www.FindHauntedHouses.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
    It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Wireless Answer!

Hi Patti...

Couple ways I can help you with your wireless needs...

1. A wireless terminal...I have many different types of wireless terminals that work on different wireless networks...Depending on your location, I would provide you with the terminal that gets the best signal for that specific area...I sell these terminals and starting this year, I will be offering to the Haunters a rental option for the month of October that is a huge price savings...

2. You can also use your wireless laptop computer and attach a card swiper and a receipt printer and then you are able to accept cards at your event or haunt without the expense of a land line! This is another option that allows you to be wireless, utilize one piece of equipment and keep your costs down...

Hope that helps...

Sean
      Last edited by HMS Sean; 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Not sure about his solution but working with many POS vendors I know that some offer a hand-held reading device that can utilize a sim card from one of the wireless telephone guys... the one we use has a deal with ATT to provide the service... remember laws are changing in how that info gets encrypted and sent so keep that in mind when dealing with vendors... any PII (personal identifiable info) that is at risk can hold you liable...
        Anyway, sounds like he has you covered...

Comment

Is it fast?...Efficient enough for a large scale haunt? A slow process would kill the ticket line process. Lemme know. Thanks!
          Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
          www.HauntWorld.com
          www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
          www.FindHauntedHouses.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
          It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Originally posted by squatdaddy View Post
            ... remember laws are changing in how that info gets encrypted and sent so keep that in mind when dealing with vendors... any PII (personal identifiable info) that is at risk can hold you liable...
            Just make sure your merchant services provider is PCI/PAPB certified.
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

OK, I am intrigued by the terminal to attach to a laptop as well as the virtual terminal. Do you have an interface that works with Zen Cart for an online solution? That is what I need for MHC.

Comment

Moneris (formerly Humblodt Merchant Services) is who we use for processing, Sean is our account rep.

His service during the season was great, he was available, and quickly took care of some problems for us.

We also process through a wireless terminal at one of our locations. It's the Nurit 8000.

http://www.verifone.com/PDF/NURIT_80...re_NA_Only.pdf

It's plenty fast, sometimes you can loose the signal, but can usually pick it up again pretty quickly. It is definitely faster than a phone line connection, but slower than a broadband connection.

This year it is likely that we upgrade our POS with a broadband connection and card swipes on our machines. We may keep wireless units for portable sales (admission and retail), as we have been happy with the way they work.

I feel the biggest thing that slows down our credit card processing is signature capture, I have talked to a couple vendors (including Sean) about this to see if there may be a signature capture pad that can interface with the POS systems.

Chris
                Chris Stafford
                1331 Entertainment Group
                Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Long Lines???

Hi everyone...

Couple comments over the weekend on this thread that I wanted to follow up on...

1. Thanks for jumping in Chris...Looking forward to helping you out again this year and getting those lines moving quickly...

2. The most effective way to get folks through the line quickly if you have a large haunt/ event is to utilize multiple wireless machines and actually have your employees go out and work the line as they are waiting...If you have multiple wireless terminals then you will be able to move the line much quicker...With my company providing wireless for rent you have a very affordable option that will get your line moving and keep your customers happy...The key is the service area and making sure the equipment being used is getting good service at the location.

3. All of our equipment that we provide is PCI compliant...

I hope this info is helpful...

Sean

Comment

This is a great solution, I would jump on it while you can.

The wireless machines are about 500-600 new, prices have come down since we purchased ours at 800. Then you have fees, wireless access fees, etc etc

The nice thing about renting, is no upkeep, and over time I'd imagine you'd get newer technology as it advances. (made a post about renting radios for this same reason)

Glad you decided to do this Sean, a great service for haunters.

Chris
                    Chris Stafford
                    1331 Entertainment Group
                    Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                    13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                    13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Wireless Rental

Can't beat the price...$100 for the rental and it includes all set up fees/ access fees/ etc...In comparison I am selling my wireless terminals right now from $500-$900...Really happy that we are able to provide this to you all...Should be a good fit...

Thanks!

Sean

Comment

Working...
                      X