Shoot me now or shoot me later but someone please shoot me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot me now or shoot me later but someone please shoot me

Well…shoot me now or shoot me later but someone please shoot me. Hell has indeed frozen over and as you read on you will understand why. God…my fingers are gnarled and I can barely write this BUT…I think as many people as possible should go to HauntCon. I know…but read on. It seems that everything I’ve been predicting has come to pass in that apparently the numbers for HauntCon at this point are very low. Well, you know me…I should be dancing in the streets as there is nothing I’d like better than to see this thing and it’s owner go the way of the DoeDoe (sp). Unfortunately there are something like 9 haunts that have signed up for the tour that are in big trouble if people don’t show up…least among them are the JayCees. Now I know that a JayCee haunt is usually a $3 deal but supposedly these ones are different are actually quite good. The problem is that they are not allowed to carry any finances other than their operating costs from year to year and guess what…they have spent those costs on this tour fully expecting to do hundreds and hundreds of people…and it just doesn’t seem to be playing out that way.
    In addition both Terror on the Fox and Timmer & Anne Marie Gavinski have spent a lot of money getting their haunts ready for the tour and could take a nice size hit should the numbers not pick up. Although the Gavinskis have asked Leonard for the sign up number repeatedly, he won’t give it to them leading them to believe that it is very small.

The bottom line is that if HauntCon goes down it is taking the whole ball of wax with it.
    Based on that I think that if anyone was on the fence about going…and they can afford it…they should go. It would be great to see the numbers jump up by several hundred as that seems to be what everyone needs. Oh…and BTW…no need to pay to have dinner before the tour. Tim and Anne Marie have arranged for fresh Mexican food to be served right there…prepared at your table… before the tour at Morgan Manor. If I’m not mistaken it includes an open bar and it’s all for free so save your food money and put it towards the haunt tour.

I think that any haunt that signs up for HauntCon after this is crazy and deserves what they get…but as of now a lot of people stand to get really hurt if the numbers don’t get better so please give it some thought.

Thanks Rich shoot me now Hanf

One of the most frustrating things for me as an owner is not being able to see shows in season due to being busy. Hopefully, things will work and haunts will be able to continue to open every few years in the offseason like this for tours. I have never gone to any of these extra cons but I like the fact that the option is there if some haunts that I would really like to see open up.
    Jared Layman

Comment

I think Hauntcon is about the haunts that are featured not about Leonard or Hauntcon. Its about the industry. I'm glad to see you are supporting Hauntcon. I'm happy to hear it!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It looks like Leonard has scored some good speakers as well, perhaps this shouldn't be missed?
        Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Corpsification Make and Take

Not that this is going to make a difference to the attendance, but I will be conducting a Corpsification Make and Take demo at Hauntcon. I have not given one of these demos in 5 years so this is kind of a flashback for me.

Here is the schedule

Make-N-Take 9 A9 3:00pm-4:00pm Saturday Make-N-Take
          Make-N-Take 13 A13 1:30pm-2:30pm Sun Make-N-Take

I will show you every material I have ever used to corpsify a Bucky and show you some finishing techniques that will give you alot of options when it comes to making your own corpses.

So hopefully you can attend this demo.
          We always have a good time.

Here is a little teaser for the corpsification information.
          http://www.gore-galore.com/projects.php
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

When I die, I'm donating my body to Gore Galore so he can demo this technique!

CORPSIFY ME !!
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Rich, call me

Rodney
              NightScream Studios
              (330)338-8508
              Thanks

Comment

I for one have always questioned some of Mr. Pickels business decisions. Some of his recent ones rank right up there! But as Rich has said, this hurts more than just one man's reputation or ego, this hurts several well meaning Haunts. Opening in the off season is enough of a pain in and of itself, but opening ot your peers elevates it to a new level. These Haunters have already put in the time and money to do this based on what they were told the tours would do. Hopefully they are smart business people and budgeted lower than the projections they were given, but it is still time and money pre- spent that is totally out of their control. ANYONE on the fence, support your fellow Haunters and attend!!

If I were involved in such a tour I would demand current and accurate numbers, immediately!! These Haunters have to plan accordingly. Not having accurate numbers hinders them and probably costs them a lot of money. Again, not such a smart business move. The only allure Hauntcon has, is the ability to tour other attractions in the off season. Pissing off the Haunt owners is not the way to continue successfully.

Since I am one of but a handful of people that are actually banned from Hauntcon, I will not be there to support these Haunts. I do urge those that can, go and support the Haunt Tours. IF they are not supported, then they will go away. Purely a business decision.

Good Luck Guys!!

Rich
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Rich,

No one should be banned from Hauntcon NO ONE, especially a haunt owner who spends money with vendors. I think someone should email or call Leonard and ask him if this is still in place, and if it is I would question supporting such a show. I doubt however he would keep you from Hauntcon, you are a BUYER!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I would be far more inclined to go to HauntCon if the registration to get on the floor wasn't so freaking expensive. If we went, we would ultimately do the haunt tours and support them (I'm dying to see Terror and Morgan), but the registration costs are stupid expensive, IMO.
                    -Brandon Kelm
                    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Stated best! Cost.

I'm drained from NHC. $1,000 for me and my wife and that does not include flight (As we drove to save money) - YES 12 HOURS!
                      I would attend more Conventions if they made it more economical. And before someone jumps on the cost... I run a convention - A Multi-Fandom Convention - not a haunter's but we have 1,600 people in attendance (in only our second year!) and our Pre Reg is only $20. Hotel is only $86 a night. Flights are normally reasonable... My vendors/dealers in the Exhibitor Hall help pay for alot and tables/spaces are only $150 - $200.
                      So when I hear $500 to $1,600 for a booth and $100 for a convention - I see a lot of money being pocketed and I can not justify attending... This is merely my opinion as some facilities cost more than others.... But $95 for the weekend, $275 Pre Show, Costume Ball $60, Meals and Socials $35-$40 at Hauncton and then NHC $135 for Haunt Tour, $75 for Costume Ball and Dinner, $122 for all at Midwest Haunters COnvention plus another $190 for pre bus tour.
                      The average Haunter's Convention Costs 2 people $1,000+

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not condemning anyone - just stating facts as you can get this from their websites.

For a $20 pre reg I offer: FREE Bands, FREE Shows, Contests, FREE SEMINARS, FREE GAMING, Exhibitor Hall, RAVE Friday Night, Monster Ball Saturday Night, Movies, Celebrities, etc...etc...

Just stating facts and if there were more shows that offered a cost effective choice. And again don't get me wrong - I LOVE CONVENTIONS, But I can not afford to do them anymore, especially w/ Wife, Kids, and a crew in tow!

*Steps away from the soapbox*

So for any haunters that want a cost effective convention... (Yes Shameless Plug) www.ConNooga.com (Nope not a haunter's only convention...but a convention none the less!)

* Really stepping off the soapbox...*

Todd

Comment

Rich

Rich (Strelek),

Banned! ? No!? lol

You know, all you are is trailer trash. ROLFLMAO !

And I am one of those three dollar (Jaycee) haunters. Just as bad as trailer trash right Hanf! LOL

Strelek, would you go if you weren't banned? I didn't think you got out of Vegas, except to Canada and Transworld. LOL
                        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nightmarez View Post
                          Stated best! Cost.

I'm drained from NHC. $1,000 for me and my wife and that does not include flight (As we drove to save money) - YES 12 HOURS!
                          I would attend more Conventions if they made it more economical. And before someone jumps on the cost... I run a convention - A Multi-Fandom Convention - not a haunter's but we have 1,600 people in attendance (in only our second year!) and our Pre Reg is only $20. Hotel is only $86 a night. Flights are normally reasonable... My vendors/dealers in the Exhibitor Hall help pay for alot and tables/spaces are only $150 - $200.
                          So when I hear $500 to $1,600 for a booth and $100 for a convention - I see a lot of money being pocketed and I can not justify attending... This is merely my opinion as some facilities cost more than others.... But $95 for the weekend, $275 Pre Show, Costume Ball $60, Meals and Socials $35-$40 at Hauncton and then NHC $135 for Haunt Tour, $75 for Costume Ball and Dinner, $122 for all at Midwest Haunters COnvention plus another $190 for pre bus tour.
                          The average Haunter's Convention Costs 2 people $1,000+

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not condemning anyone - just stating facts as you can get this from their websites.

For a $20 pre reg I offer: FREE Bands, FREE Shows, Contests, FREE SEMINARS, FREE GAMING, Exhibitor Hall, RAVE Friday Night, Monster Ball Saturday Night, Movies, Celebrities, etc...etc...

Just stating facts and if there were more shows that offered a cost effective choice. And again don't get me wrong - I LOVE CONVENTIONS, But I can not afford to do them anymore, especially w/ Wife, Kids, and a crew in tow!

*Steps away from the soapbox*

So for any haunters that want a cost effective convention... (Yes Shameless Plug) www.ConNooga.com (Nope not a haunter's only convention...but a convention none the less!)

* Really stepping off the soapbox...*

Todd

What kind of a convention do you run?
                          Jared Layman

Comment

My Limited Experience.

Taught me that many bus riders to see an off-season haunt don't commit early at all, leaving the person renting the bus having deep doubts and sleepless nights.
                            Then when the bus arrived maybe 1/3 of the ticket holders sold their tickets to other people who wanted tickets but couldn't get them!?
                            "Haunters are the craziest peeeple!".....said with a Yiddish accent.

I was the bus renter AND the haunt owner, I couldn't give MYSELF an accurate count!
                            At least not until the bus was pulling away with everyone seated!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I was on that bus Jim

And that bus pulled slowly away from the Rosemount convention center and I am positive that it slowed down progressively as it approched your famous haunt. LOL

That old bus driver !! LOL
                              Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                              Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X