This years building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Galena, Ill.

They tell you what 3 colors you may paint your building. Have to keep it authentic General Grant lived there just before the Civil War (of course he lived ALOT of places!)
    When histerical restoration began in this town someone pointed out to me that the four people running it , trying to dictate to the rest of us, that not one of them personally owned any property here!? They either were renting or living in some relative's place.
    Isn't that the way it goes?
    The city drew a map of the historical houses in the historical district. Even though my house has alot of history and a huge wine cellar that map went around my house as if they thought it was contageous, but then the history of this house was not always pretty or made the newspaper in a good way, maybe?
    Probably the only General who lived in this house was General Drunkeness a title worn by many frequenting the Inn.
    So, since my house was NOT in the historical district I built the cupola on the roof, then later a man told me I was IN the district, they had changed the map. sorry, I saw a map that said I wasn't.
    I think the cupola looks very good , proportional-wise and authentic. Unfortunately it inspired several other cuploas to be built in this county and most of them look way too tall because they needed to use modern windows, I guess?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

direct from the CDC.

"Thank you for your inquiry to CDC-INFO. In response to your request for information on how long tuberculosis (TB) can stay in the environment, we are pleased to provide you with the following information.

TB bacteria (germs) can remain viable in the air for several hours, depending on the environment. There is no evidence to support any risk from areas that functioned as TB hospitals years before.

TB is not spread through countertops, chairs, doorknobs, or other surfaces where a person with TB has been.

TB is spread through the air from one person to another. The germs are put into the air when a person with TB disease of the lungs or throat:
      * coughs,
      * sneezes,
      * speaks, or
      * sings.

For more information about TB, please visit the CDC website:"

no worries...;-)

thank you guys for expressing your ideas.
      John Jordan
      www.TheAsylumwv.com
      www.Trans-AlleghenyLunaticAsylum.com

Comment

Building!!!

There's another build like that too located just outside canonsburgh just outside pittsburgh in a industray park it was a old mental ward i think. I believe it's slated to be demolished but you might be able to find the developer and work out a deal!

The problem is pittsburghs already has at least 2 decent haunted house's one of which is 5th in the USA so pulling people from pittsburgh isn't going to be easy!
        Michael Chilson
        Brookdale Campground Haunted Halls
        Kozy Rest Campground Haunted Hay Ride
        ScareHouse Pittsburgh, Pa (Actor)
        Designer & Technical Director

Comment

That is amazing, this is going to make a wonderful attraction once it gets up and running!

OdetteDespairr
          Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie
          “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

The building was JUST featured on Ghost Hunters this week...
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

The woman in the Ghost Hunters episode is my little sister. The crazy hair runs in the family but saying the word awesome doesn't... lol

It actually aired last year April 31st I think. I hear out of all the episodes we are the 4th most haunted.

Gotta love TV.
              John Jordan
              www.TheAsylumwv.com
              www.Trans-AlleghenyLunaticAsylum.com

Comment

When Ghost Hunter People Called Here.

They asked me how big the house is? And how big were it's largest rooms?
                My house was too small for them to place numerous cameras and sound equiptment in them.
                I have a theory that ghosts usually don't show up to a crowd of people anyway.
                The first time a local TV production was here the camera guy walked in with 90 pounds of freshly charged batteries hanging all around his body.
                15 minutes later in the wine cellar the 90 pounds of full-charged batteries were dead.
                Just "someone's " way of saying "Hi!"
                "I sucked the life from your batteries, you will be next."

Faces appear in the patterns in the stone wall at he rear of the wine cellar, a digital camera picks them up when the human eye cannot. Then a while later we can't find that face again.?

This house is haunted , but not 24/7, I don't think anyplace could be. This is why I usually don't pay any attention to those kinds of TV shows. TV shows need rateings to remain profitable. Go for too many ghost humts without a ghost and it might be time to pack the cameras up and get out the Roto-Rooter again, Boys! (Seeking farts, the ghost of a turd!)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X