We have our first $100,000+ vendor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have our first $100,000+ vendor!

I just got off the phone with Rodney from Nightscream Studios (www.NightScreamStudios.com), and I am very pleased to announce, that we have our first vendor who broke $100,000+ in sales at our show!

I was nervous because after the first day, even though tons of catalogs were taken, there were little or even no orders....(which in hindsight, is probably the case with most big ticket vendors, but it still made me nervous...I want the vendors to do so well).

However, by the 2nd day of our convention (Saturday), approx $65,000 in orders were done on the show floor, and another $20,000 order right after the show floor closed while NightScream Studios was packing things up. In addition to the on the spot orders, NightScream studios also sold one of it's haunt & facade packages (about $40,000) from pictures that were brought to the show and got the deposit for that on our show floor as well! He finalized the sale this week (a few days after the show).

That is roughly $125,000 worth of sales. The National Haunters Convention would like congratulate Rodney (because that is simply amazing), and we will continue to strive and look forward to try to help all vendors at our show. There always will be some growing pains, but our goal is to produce a very professional, and high quality show where both small ticket and large ticket vendors succeed. We have been collecting all feedback (both good and bad) and we will continue to improve ourselves - we learn something new every day.

I would also like to congratulate, Sinister Controls, LLC (www.sinistercontrols.com) and Black Forest Fabrication. (www.blackforestfabrication.com) whom we also just recently talked to and both of them managed the daunting task of selling every single item they brought with them from their booth! Black Forest Sold every single corpse, and skull that could be brought to the show, and Sinister Controls sold out so early on Saturday that he had to simply walk around the show floor for the last two hours!

There are quite a few other vendors who did well from Hot Wire Foam Factory to even the Creepy Critters booth which had a very surprising good showing (so forgive us if we missed you...plus not everyone obviously tells us their sales), and for those who did not do so well, we will continue to improve to the best of our ability to bring in even more customers and Haunted House owners for you. Please stick with us, and we promise to continue to work extra hard to create a professional show for the Haunted House Industry.

Sincerely,

Robert Kocher
    The Village of Darkness
    National Haunters Convention

Robert Kocher
    Xanthar of the Museum

The Village of Darkness
    www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com

I have never in my life seen a tradeshow company post a message like this ever... I think this post is in bad taste. Promoting what a vendor made or didn't make is wrong in my view. Additionally the other vendors who didn't do so well now might feel really let down.

Why don't you make this post next and let all the people who the vendors that lost money going to your show... I've already heard of some who are very disappointed.

Your show is over let Hauntcon take its turn then MHC.

Every show has vendors who do well and do bad it goes with the territory but for the organizer to get on a forum and start bragging about how much money one specific vendor made to me seems out of line.

I hope Hauntcon, MHC, and Transworld doesn't do this otherwise I wouldn't tell them anything.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'm sure the IRS and possibly the state tax collectors love this kind of post most of all.
      Last edited by Monster-Tronics; 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM.
      Regards,
      Jeff Londos
      Monster-Tronics
      Innovators in Haunt Technologies
      www.Monster-Tronics.com
      Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

I agree with Larry on this. If I was a vendor that went to your show, and then saw this post, wouldnt be too happy about it.

I say congrats to Nightscream for this!!! But lets leave it between themselves and not bring it to the forum boards.
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I don't think this is the right type of post to make on an industry message board. If you want to use this bit of information to market your show to prospective vendors, have the vendor put it in writing, and go ahead and use it to market to vendors that you are soliciting for next year.

It's been quite obvious that NHC has been marketing their show, perhaps even more than others, and they're entitled to, it's their business. Heck I think me, my wife, and my partner all got prerecorded phone calls, emails, etc. etc. Heck, I almost went (would really like to have seen Bates Motel, Easter Weekend, wife wouldn't have it) It would appear that they will continue to aggressively market this show, but here's where I get confused by the message.

The organizers have made several posts on here about staying out of the "politics" or "drama" or whatever else you want to call it. However, it's been a topic of discussion for quite some time that vendors have not done as well at the smaller "regional" shows. Seems to me that coming on here and bragging is throwing your hat into the "political" ring. They were even upset about Leonard visiting their show to drum up vendors for his show (another topic), why be upset, if you're vendors are doing this well, who cares if anyone tries to lure them away, if they're making money they'll stay, you certainly don't need to come on here and let everyone know about it. Another post was made just a couple days ago (I think) that the show has it's own message board, wouldn't this be the right place to keep this post.

From everything I've heard about the organizers of NHC, they are good guys (my past dealings with Robert Kocher were very positive), obviously their show is growing, and that's great. From what they've stated they want to take the high road, focus on their show, make it the best. Great and respectable idea, I just don't know that a post like this on these boards is really in that spirit, and as I said should be unecessary.

Chris
          Last edited by stafford; 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM.
          Chris Stafford
          1331 Entertainment Group
          Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
          13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
          13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I could be wrong!!! but through the grapevine i heard!! good old rod never paid his actors for his haunt a couple years ago and got alot of negative media coverage about it???? Pissed off actors = bad haunt...

Just what i heard!!!

Jason

P.S Good call larry!!
            Last edited by screamline studios; 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Here is what makes me nervous!

Everyone knows the rumors. I asked them point blank at the show and they assured me that most of the items were already in stock. Now don't get me wrong I am glad hes doing good. But with so many orders taken at TW and at this show will he be able to get product out?

Has anyone got their product yet? I am sure with the items in stock surly someone has already seen product. I went ahead and paid in full after they told me the items were already in stock but I have not heard anything. Has anyone got anything from them yet? Again I am glad and wish them the best but with the rumors and now hearing this it makes me a little nervous to say the least! Shane and its if I get raped may God Have Murcy On Their Souls! Because I Sure Want! Shane this time.
              sigpic

Comment

After being a vendor for 8 years, it has come to my attention that anyone that gives numbers from a show are basically full of Bantha Poo Doo. That's a problem, vendors should be honest with each other, silently. I agree with Larry on this one, truth or lie, it's nobodies business.
                Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Oh, and if you Fuck Shane over , good luck, you will be slowely dissolved in the Sarlac pit over 1,000 years.

Sorry about the Star Wars references, I'm showing my age again...,Sniff

Comment

By the Way, did you Comp. Rodney a booth?

Comment

Rodney may not realize it!! but this industry is very small and people talk, the talk is he is!! full of bullshit and a ripoff artist??? Just what i heard??? I can say this!!! as a vendor we never discuss what we made at a show!!! I really hope he did as good as what was posted! but i call BULLSHIT on this one.

Jason Blaszczak

Comment

Lmao matt

Speaking of Matt you going to MHC? I still need to order some of the mask you had! Shane and if you have not see them check them out he( Edge Designs) has some GREAT PRODUCTS! Shane this time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well I was at the Convention and I know for a FACT that rodney wrote some huge orders the last few hours of the show... I saw it!! I placed a HUGE order with him at transworld, and I can say one thing is that his stuff is built solid!! Rodney has been building animations for me for years and is a straight up guy, definately not a ripoff artist like one of you mentioned... I just got to come to his defense here, as he has helped me out big time over the years including fixing lots Of JUNK product I got from scarefactory that broke within a few days of use, and of course not getting any returned calls or any type of customer service from scarefactory!! I can totally vouch for him 110% And I definately would not be concerned about getting ripped off or anything of that nature!!! He came out with tons of great products for the show... and builds everything right! Shane don't worry... You will definately get whatever you ordered and I'm positive it will work great!! I have more animations in my haunt than probably any haunt in the country, its practically a scarefactory catalog! lol... Everything rod has built me over the years still works great, and I cant unfortunately say that about tons of other animations ive bought from other companies that wont last a week!! Hope that helps!!

-Tim
                          Tim Bunch
                          House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
                          www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

"Ford, the truck with the most sales 25 years in a row, bar none!"
                            "Chevy Trucks, the best selling truck and the truck with the most trucks still on the road after 25 years!"
                            I saw and heard these ads during one super Bowl half-time, one right after the other, so somebody must be lying? Or just not telling the truth?
                            Bragg and ego are such a huge part of building, owning and running a haunt that they will never be absent from any such discussions concerning any part of these types of undertakings, so is anyone surprised by anything any of us say? Really? Offended? Really?
                            So we all just jumped into this haunt stuff recently then? About ten minutes ago?
                            When dealing in selling "Smoke and Mirrors" so successfully it is difficult to stop the smoke and clean the glass.
                            Let's all just give everyone a break, we all are much more the same than different, except for me, I'm superior (Mother Superior?) hahahaha!
                            You may now kiss my ring, now begone peasants!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Screamline. YOUR RIGHT! We locally know exactly whats up. I agree with every word you said.......

John

Comment

Working...
                              X