Obtaining Property for a Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining Property for a Haunted House

I am new to the business and was wondering how you obtained a property to have your haunted house in. Did you buy, lease, rent, or ect? I was trying to find out how I could go about having a building or property donated to use. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out...
    Thank You,
    Creepykeresna

Obtaining property for a haunt

I approached the city council in the town that I live in. They were very receptive to my groups request to use a vacant house that was on city property. We pay for our event insurance, and all of our proceeds go to local charities.
    If you are in it for personal profit, try asking for a lease.

Comment

We were planning to go outdoors (in Calif thats not rally a big deal) so I located spots that fit my needs, from open lots to shopping center parking lots. With a little persistence we were given a great piece of land. The answer to my story was careful planning, a professional letter of request that described what we wanted to do and how it may be a benefit, and gentle persistence. Find the owners or the person who has control. A property management company will almost always be of little help. Good luck
      Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
      Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
      2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Working...
      X