Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankle Biter

Hi

I am wondering how this ankle biter works? I have seen pics but still not clear. Could this be made or is it something special?

Also, I am desperate for scenes for our corn maze haunt. I have plenty of ideas like blood/guts, clowns, coffin but not sure how to put it into a complete scene. Help?

If the corn maze will honestly be in a cornfield, then why not stick with a fear on the farm type of theme? I always pick my theme, then list characters, then list sets. Then I have to pick the best, or the easiest/cheapest to do. For a fear on the farm theme I would.....
    CHARACTER LIST
    scarecrows
    jeepers creepers
    moonshine making mutants
    inbred hillbillies (think last house on left)
    children of the corn
    jack o lantern headed scarecrows
    Pumpkinhead (movie had a very rural setting)
    old swamp witch
    cannibal family (resorted to it after years of drought)
    Minotaur (half man half bull)
    zombies (they fit in almost anywhere)
    werewolves
    chainsaw maniacs (fits in with in-breds and cannibals)

SET LIST
    country graveyard (wooden crosses sort of thing, not victorian)
    saw mill
    moonshine still
    animal pens/slaughter area
    witches shack
    chainsaw mans shack with body part freezer
    um...cornfield (crow sound track)
    pumpkin patch
    burned out/down farmhouse (opens up options for rooms)
    scary ass barn
    woodchipper/mulcher used for people (could have a spitter in it)
    hanging tree (dozen bodies or so hung from same cool looking tree)
    Tractor scare area (like the classic train scare)

these kinds of excrcises (listing of sets and characters) allow me to focus my vision on exactly what I want to accomplish and see, I would see what characters work together and then what scenes would work and flow best from one to the other. Using your space with as little alteration as possible will help your budget. A clown theme will have to work twice as hard and be twice as detailed to be believable in a cornfield setting, the same with an asylum theme. first year use what you have and give a quality show, then you can add a nearby asylum or circus into your theme and add a few of those elements into your attraction and back story.
    Regardless of which way you go I see alot of shredded flannel shirts in your future.
    good luck,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen,
      You are dead on!!!! Great thing about going with those scenes are that they are cheap. It is a bunch of scrap and a good imagination. Watch a couple of videos. Wrong turn......look at there shack that they live in. Texas Chainsaw massacre.....look at the outside area of the house. Watching for stuff like that will get your brain a pumping. I think having the crazed hillbillies, mutant freaks and ofcourse scare crows would be awesome. Only if corn grew great down here in Texas!!!!
      Bart Butler
      HobNob Productions
      http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

yes, I was raised in MD, there is a "corn" field by screams here in TX, and its pitiful, it only gets about 3' high.

Comment

thanks for all the great ideas. Just got to figure out how to put it all together. Do you think masks or makeup are better? Do you have any info on how to do the anke ticklers? I'm thinking that would be a good thing also.

I am now advertising for actors. Hope to find someone who wants to work a bit now and help us get all this together. Any other suggestions we are open to.

Thanks

Comment

each character gets a different call, scarecrows, werewolves and the like, I would do as masks, any speaking roles I would do as makeup.
            The ankle tickler plans can be found online if you look. although they are not that expensive to buy.
            Allen H

Comment

Working...
            X