Question about tent haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tent haunts

So I was just curious doe's a tent haunted house need fire sprinklers and how about would you install them? It is a slight possibility that I might do a tent haunt this year and I'm trying to learn codes for tent haunts.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

We cant tell you ask your local fire marshall, it varies depending on type of tent, size of tent, how long it will be up, and maximum occupancy. Find a location then contact the fire marshall with your intentions.
    Allen H
    to my knowledge there is no sanctioned temporary sprinkler system, it may require a firewatch as opposed to sprinklers.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
      We cant tell you ask your local fire marshall, it varies depending on type of tent, size of tent, how long it will be up, and maximum occupancy. Find a location then contact the fire marshall with your intentions.
      Allen H
      to my knowledge there is no sanctioned temporary sprinkler system, it may require a firewatch as opposed to sprinklers.
      Ok that is what I meant, how would you do a sprinkler inside of a tent..a firewatch sounds to be what you would do.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Hey Bill,

If the structure is over 1000 sq feet you will more than likely need a sprinkler system. They do in fact make pressure fed systems for tents and trailers. I used to have a web site on them but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. There are ways to get around it. Like having an open area between sections so that no one space is more than 1000 sq feet. Your fire inspector would be better able to direct you with what you would need to do.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        Deadly Intentions Haunted House
        www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

A tent? What tent?
          Jared Layman

Comment

Bill if any of your crew came to fearfest during Transworld they might have noticed we have a sprinkler system in our "tents" (commercial canopies). Our fire marshal and building inspector requires it. Since we are a temporary structure we were able to adapt an acceptable system to fit our needs and meet the fire marshal and inspectors requirements. If youre still intrested in doing a tent haunt and need a sprinkler system PM me and I will try to explain how ours works.
            Greg
            Fearfest
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Working...
            X