No announcement yet.

Touching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that touching isnt neccessary. And anyone that does is setting themselves up for trouble. You dont have to touch to scare anyone. To startle or surprise someone is much more effective. That takes a talent. If your resorting to old jaycee tactics of touching your haunt is in need or major improvements on the scary end. And not to mention they are really desperate if they must resort to this.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Well, I'm doing a hayride this Halloween, and we think it is ok to brush up against them. Maybe lightly take hold of someone's arm or leg but never hard grabbing or pushing.
      Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Comment

Touching

Back when I worked in a few haunts I didnt have to worry about touching the patrons, I had to worry about the patrons touching me !! I was always getting felt up...lol... and so were other actors, chicks would get us in dark areas and they would litterally rape us...LMFAO... not that I am complaining ( Unless of course it a nasty 500 lb hag ) BLAH.... I can remember one woman litterally pushing me into a dark corner - shoving her hand down my pants and grabbing me.... ( WOW ) I didnt expect that !! ( Im sure other people have had the similar experiences with crazy drunken women in the haunt lol ) I personally dont have a problem with a ( LITTLE TOUCHING ) but I dont agree with brutal touching AND - yes I do agree touching is a very sensitive subject !! On either side of the line. LMFAO
        Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-24-2009, 02:23 AM.
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com
        "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
        http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
          Back when I worked in a few haunts I didnt have to worry about touching the patrons, I had to worry about the patrons touching me !! I was always getting felt up...lol... and so were other actors, chicks would get us in dark areas and they would litterally rape us...LMFAO... not that I am complaining ( Unless of course it a nasty 500 lb hag ) BLAH.... I can remember one woman litterally pushing me into a dark corner - shoving her hand down my pants and grabbing me.... ( WOW ) I didnt expect that !! ( Im sure other people have had the similar experiences with crazy drunken women in the haunt lol ) I personally dont have a problem with a ( LITTLE TOUCHING ) but I dont agree with brutal touching AND - yes I do agree touching is a very sensitive subject !! On either side of the line. LMFAO

LMFAO - I guess I should have been more clear! Yes we do get touched and some of those lap dances and rubs are nice - other times - just pain gross or creepy... lol
          We explain that if you touch our monsters they will touch you and sometimes this does go beyond where it was suppose to go - (We were referring to being tossed out) but some inebriated people don't comprehend as well as we would want them to!

BTW: Looking forward to my masks from you guys! And *shameless plug* Malicious Studios has some great stuff and I can't wait to get mine!
          Last edited by Mr Nightmarez; 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Malicsh!

I believe when that woman put you against the wall then put her hand down your pants that this should have resulted in an "Up-Charge" for her, more financial compensation coming your way.( Even if it wasn't up!)(yet.)
            This might be an up-charge that is even new to Larry!
            I would worry about her "touch", you don't know what she was doing before with that hand!
            She could have just been eating red hot peppers bare-handed!
            You could have then discovered Johnny Cash's "Burning Ring Of FIRE!", that he sang about falling into.
            Not a Fireman? Then why the firehose?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No Touching in the haunt

The touching or no touching is always talked about at our haunt. We always stress to get as close as you can during a scare if its nessissary. But never touch! We realize that some times characters bump into our guests in the dark, but what do ya do? We make very clear to our guests that if you dont touch our characters or our stuff, they wont be touched.

To take it a step further, we dont allow chasing our guests. Our building we use for our haunt was once an infirmary for the Wisconsin State Child Center. It has 3 levels. We usually use all three floors. We will not allow the risk of someone falling down a stairway. We dont allow any scares on stairways, period.

Several years back we had a case where a girl came running out the exit and ran right into some of that orange plastic temperary fencing, fipping over and broke her jaw. The girl claimed that a mummy was chasing her. Our mummys feet were bound together and could hardly walk yet alone run.

The liability involved with allowing touching and running is too great. If you have good actors, a scare can be accomplished other ways.

Kelly Anderson
              HauntYourHouse.NET
              Kelly Anderson
              Owner- Halloween Undercroft
              http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
              Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

I believe that it can be dangerous when actors touch. I can't complain about the haunt I went to in St Louis that allowed actors to touch. Some fine ass blond chick was all over me even following me through the haunt. "Pretty boy"-Girl Ha ha ... I got some shits and giggles from that Fine ass girl......although it was a turn off when guy actor said -"squeal like a pig". If that blond chick said it, it would be ok. I'm into that kinky stuff......Of course I have to be into kinky stuff to be into this industry, aren't we all!

-Frank Balzer
                Frank W. Balzer
                FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
                http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
                --------------------------------------------------
                www.RotHauntedHouse.com
                www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Graystone Manor

NO!!!!!!!! And as far as the other side of the fence goes you sure as heck better not touch my guys either! Shane and its if you do your azz is out! Shane this time!
                  sigpic

Comment

I am not trying to sound stupid or be funny, but I have had several women ask me to touch them when they go through. I never do but I have always found it odd that people would ask that.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Jared

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                      I am not trying to sound stupid or be funny, but I have had several women ask me to touch them when they go through. I never do but I have always found it odd that people would ask that.
                      You should charge extra for your private show!

"The Gun Show"

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                        We have this happen a lot w/ our que line actors and we have had 'monster sandwiches' for photo ops etc. I guess depending on the area... like the que line is more exposed and many witnesses where as a dark room can lead to serious litigation. And we have people grope and touch our crew all the time... it's gonna happen especially when your 260 feet below ground and a 4-6 foot path and 6 ft tall ceilings... And it's hard to have security close at hand when there's only 1 way in and out...

We train our actors to expect it and if it happens and they want to file charges - they follow them out and we have a meeting w/ our policeman on duty and the guest along w/ our security and actor. I really miss having a building and crash doors!

Comment

I Stress To My Help...

"Maintain at least an arm's length distance between the customer and your body/face at all times to keep from getting PUNCHED! (Or kicked, kneed! Elbowed)
                          ..and if the customer advances with a measure of "intent", be ready to retreat to maintain that predescribed distance.
                          Just like the statement that you should be able to scare/entertain the customer without touching them, you should also be able to do the job without chasing them or being close enough to smell their breath (unless they have a mouthfull of rotten teeth or garlic)
                          The "Mind" is where it should all be taking place. I have "No Running" posted all over my place, even though in October some teenagers will always want to run.
                          If they run, they miss the detail, then later say the place wasn't worth it or other such desparaging remarks.
                          All they remember is that they were at a "track meet".
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yeah that's a good point. Safety of your actors is important and touching could jeopardize that. Touching in a haunt just seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

~Natethegreat
                            www.Fearoverload.com

Comment

it's sad to say that i have had that happen to me where girls asked me to touch them but i didn't and guys would ask too but thats just weird.. I do feel that if you get touched then its fair game to me. but all the times i have worked at the haunt for over 9 years the boss there said no touching and i was fine with that. The only times i EVER touch some one was when they were drunk or being a a$$hole. I would have to kick them out for that.
                              it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

There is no personal touching, but we sometimes use props to reach out from above and pull off hats and such. This is aimed at men and caps, not women and erotic zones.
                                www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
                                X