Forest Of Fear 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Of Fear 2009

I'm 13 years old, and I'm doing a hayride this Halloween. I could use some feedback on scenes, and ideas for scenes.
    This hayride goes through a dark woods.

I have some original ideas, and some normal ideas. (Example: Circus From Hell, Backwoods Scene, Camp Crystal Lake, etc.)
    Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

Maybe zombie type scene (graveyard etc.), evil pumpkin/ scarecrow scene. Anything really. There are so many options, how long will it be because you may not have room for everything. And do you know how your going to get electricity to it? Personally I don't like using characters from movies, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

For a hayride
      these scenes do not require elaborate sets (I assume everyone is budget minded and at thirteen I assume especially so) Search craigslist for some of the props I mention the free section. I do not normally mention bodies and gore, add them to sets to your personal taste.

Werewolf or bigfoot set
      trashed campsite ruined tent and back pack, fire pit (possible fog machine) scare comes form other side as a werewolf or bigfoot attacks the wagon (more than one is recommended)

Scarecrows
      definitely agree with scarygoat on the scarecrow area have several dummy scarecrows and one or two that are actors and jump down and attack the wagons

Spiders Lair
      use rope to make a giant spider web over the wagon put stretchy spider webs in the trees.
      the center of the web should be a certain height above the wagon and then be able to drop four foot or closer almost right on top of the wagon, if done correctly the whole trailer screams and drops then web wrapped zombies can approach the wagon. A giant spider could easily be made or bought or even a costumed spider-man.

Asylum escape-
      an ambulance is on its side,(their box shape is easy to build from plywood the sell is in the colors and rotating lights a fog machine from the hood can further obscure the look) from its radio you hear about an asylum escapee (describe your actor in the report) Then of course have him attack the wagon (multiple killers work too) If you set the stage for a lovers lane area any car ( a 60's car would be good) and radio will work (play off the local legends).

I think thats a good cheap start.
      If you need more let us know,
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ya we are making a scarecrow scene for our walk through haunt this year. If you would like some tips on how to make scarecrows or even share some with me that would be great! I'm making a monster scarecrow, its gonna be pretty big. And then we'll have an actor scarecrow and an actor in a pig mask in the scene. Plus I'm making a corpse for the scene and I'm trying to figure out how to make dummy scarecrows, because I really don't have the money to buy mannequins.

Comment

Thanks guys. Allen H already saw my original ideas.

Comment

clown theme

I always liked the circus theme, clowns, evil clowns running a muck. toxic barrels painted with florescent paint some great foam to make it look like they are bubbling over and a couple of black lights you have toxic clown terror.
            In Darkness they hunt the living
            http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Yeah. At the clown scene we're looking to bring chainsaws into the picture. In that particular area of the woods there's a felled tree between two normal trees. The clown with the chainsaw could run up that felled tree and leap onto the hayride. The felled tree is extended a few feet off the ground. There's also an old railroad bridge that is in use every now and then, but I was thinking about tying a Chucky doll to a long rope and attaching it to the rail, and dropping it over the side. Or, I could get a long snake, and tie a portion of it to the rail and just let it hang over the patron's heads.

Comment

If your doing it in the woods, how are you getting electricity to it? Extension cords, generator?

Comment

Working...
                X