Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard Pickel Accepting Lifetime Achievement Award!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Pickel Accepting Lifetime Achievement Award!

Here is the video of Leonard Pickel accepting his lifetime achievement award at the IAHA Banquet. This video is from www.hauntedreport.com. I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but here it is either way.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Please..............

Always remember, pickles come from pickle seeds. (spare me)

Comment

Cool.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
      www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
      [Google+] [YouTube]
      [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

award

So does this mean that his life as a haunter is over? Is he announcing his retirement? This is when you get a life time achievement award.. Very strange...

Comment

No it's not...

A lot of people get lifetime achievement awards when their careers are still active. Not unusual at all.

I knew the minute I read this posting of the video (which I never knew about before this thread) was going to get a lot of heat!

Can't we give this guy his 2:54 minutes of joy and happiness?
          After all, he has been around this industry since rock undwear were in fashion!
          www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
          [Google+] [YouTube]
          [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

since sliced bread

Maybe he will move on to something else.. The old saying what have you done for me lately comes to mind....

But yes let's give him his 2:54 minutes he does deserve that..

Comment

It kind of looks like he is wrapping things up. Selling the magazine and the site. D.O.A is exactly that. Hauntcon soon to follow. Maybe the rest of his groupies should do the same.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Yes

Rock on Damon!!!!
                Last edited by Slain; 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Damon deserves a lifetime achievement award for his post here!

Darkangel

Comment

The disrespectful comments I've just read here in regards to Leonard Pickle are very disheartening. To think that there are people in the Haunt industry that have forgotten or just don't know about the early contributions of people like Leonard Pickle, Rich Hanf, Larry Kirshner, John Burton, John Denley, David Bertalino, Ed Edmunds and others too numerous to mention over the past 15 to 20 years that shaped this industry is a little sad. Maybe we do need a history lesson or two along with the "How to scare" DVD's and trade show panels.

Comment

It could be because nowdays making a haunt is easy. Any bozo with a credit card can do it. They have no idea the effort that was needed years back, when you often had to do EVERYTHING yourself. And they find it easier to tear down than to build themselves up with hard work and dedication, because that would mean they would actually have to DO something.

Comment

Can anyone name any successful haunts this guy has done. Anything that could compare to Netherworld, The Darkenss, Bates Motel, The Edge of Hell or any other haunt with similar ratings.

All i know about him is that he is a bad business man.
                        The gods cast the very worst mortal sinners and immortal enemies into TARTARUS for endless punishment, torment and suffering!!!

Comment

Tartarus, What do you know about the rest of the guys on my list? Did it ever occur to you that the very haunts you named might be indebted to those guys in one way or another. That includes Leonard.

Comment

None that could compare to any of the the ones you have named but he has had a few that rank up there with "Renny's Haunted Barn" thats the haunt that won Fear Nets home haunt contest.lol. I can think of nothing that has had any bit of success, in the video he stated get to the goal first and not worry about what your competition is doing. Last I knew smart business practice is to observe what your competition is doing and then do it better and cheaper, no wonder he never had a successful business.

Originally posted by Tartarus View Post
                            Can anyone name any successful haunts this guy has done. Anything that could compare to Netherworld, The Darkenss, Bates Motel, The Edge of Hell or any other haunt with similar ratings.

All i know about him is that he is a bad business man.
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Well..

Since there is only ONE style of a haunt that works, makes customers "Happy" AND makes some profit, then I guess Mr. Leonard might be considered not a success...but then ...let's see?
                              What style of haunt is that again that is the only correct method of doing this stuff?
                              You Have to have..day glo paint?
                              A spinning tunnel with a guy in a electric chair at the end of it? Watch him go round and round! Upside down! haHAHAHA! NEAT!
                              Leonard and Jeanne spent some time here with me and my now ex-wife. We all had a good time socializing. Leonard and Jeanne were upfront with me (and right) when they warned me about the scariest thing in my house and that I should either fix it or get rid of it, so I got a divorce.
                              All fixed now!

I try to give Everyone a break here. Whoever is perfect and has never made a wrong move may throw the first stoner.(Don't worry, you won't wake him up)
                              As difficult and time consuming as the multiple tasks are to establishing a haunt business are we should never be giving anyone grief who is actually our working "Brother", even if they can't put on a show when they are done putting up walls and making props and selling tickets, they still work long and hard and most people will learn and get better at anything they keep trying to do.
                              The old trite saying:"What goes around comes around", was recently illustrated locally when a person basically stole money from a befuddled old woman, then a short time later the theif had a very painfull experience befall them, from a stupid unthinking act they did to themselves leaving scars that will not be healing quickly or without pain.
                              The thing I'm referring to has nothing to do with an electric chair in a vortex tunnel either, but "close".
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X