Possible MHC workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible MHC workshop

I am in a position to be able to teach a workshop on silicone mask making. This will be a Make and take, at the end of the class you will leave with
    *a silicone mask
    *a sculpting bust to make more
    * a complete materials list to get supplies to make your own
    *instruction and a limited class size to insure comprehension
    * the ability to make silicone masks for your self or show for less than $100

I need 10 students to be able to afford to do the class (Im not making much at all)
    I am going to cap the class at 15 students
    The tuition for the class will be $300 While that is steep it will greatly affect the look of your actors next season. Due to simplicity and need we will all be making Zombie masks.
    If you wish to attend the class or have someone attend the class with you who will not make a mask (they will only be able to attend and listen they will not get a bust and will not make a mask, they will get the paperwork and all the knowledge they can retain. This level of tuition will be $50 and the limit will be 10 students.
    If you are interested then please PM me So I can get the ball rolling.
    This will be a friday workshop and the class will be scheduled for 3 hours (I do expect to be done before then but that gives me question and answer time during and after)

Once again please PM me with interest I will get you to Barry to pay for the course. If I do not get enough students for the class then all money will be refunded.
    Thanks for reading and for your interest,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Would these be silicone masks like SPFX Masks or CFX? And I'm geussing this sculpting bust would be premade.

Comment

Yes the masks will be made of the same material that Other high end silicone masks are made of. As techniques are almost exclusively self taught I am sure the process is different. The process I am teaching is build up, a great way to start and easy! If you can corpseify a skeleton then you can make a silicone mask.
      Yes the sculpting bust will be a generic sculpting bust, that is why I was very careful not to use the term "life cast". I make all of my silicone masks on a generic bust as do other companies, its the stretch and flex in the material that makes them fit like a second skin.
      Allen H

Comment

Alright cool. Ya, I have an SPFX mask and they're great! So it sounds like these will be masks where you will build it up on the bust, so the inside is shaped to an average head, then you will just kind of sculpt it as you go?

Comment

Wheres the other 200.00 going ??

PLEASE dont take this the wrong way... Im just trying to make sense of it all,

I THINK ITS AWESOME THAT YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND SKILLS WITH OTHERS !

* 300.00 for the class
          * Make silicone masks for your self or show for less than $100
          * (Im not making much at all)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????

Now, Im not saying the class isnt worth the money ( BECAUSE IT IS... ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY )

But just wondering if the other $200.00 per person x's 10 students is used to pay for the convention space and time ? I know these places charge out the rear for us to have our tradeshows and conventions at their centers

IM NOT SAYING THE MONEY IS GOING IN YOUR POCKET EITHER.... JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT A CLASS LIKE THIS ACTUALLY COSTS.

( THIS IS THE FIRST IVE REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT )

Is the Convention center really charging $2000.00 for the class ?? WOW !! I mean, I know NOTHING of this side of the business...... Im just curious

( AGAIN PLEASE DONT TAKE ANY OF THIS THE WRONG WAY - IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE A POINT HERE. )
          Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM.
          "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
          www.maliciousstudios.com
          "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
          http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Well, I wouldn't expect Allen to teach this for FREE! $200 is CHEAP for this type of education! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The room needs to be rented, MHC gets a portion, I have to ship materials to the hotel (Including 10 to 15 head and shoulders sized busts) and you also get a fiberglass sculpting bust, which I will make before the show, they are laid up by hand by me.
              Im really not making much, If you have ever met me, Im very free with sharing knowledge and this is really cool stuff. An organized class is the best way to get this info to you in a way that you will retain it and be able to use it later.
              Please feel free to ask questions I am not the least bit offended,
              Allen H
              P.S. the first one is always more expensive due to getting the bust and all the materials together, $300 is still about 1/2 to 2/3 of what one silicone mask costs, let alone the knowledge to make them.
              Last edited by Allen H; 04-24-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Scary goat,
                Yes this will be build up technique But I will talk about the process for molded ones during the class.
                Allen H

Comment

Thanks.... I was just curious ( Seriously ! )

Ive never REALLY given the price of these classes any thought.... and if I would give it some thought, the thought would come and go pretty fast because ( IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY ) like I said. I was just curious as to what the show gets what the convention center gets and what the guest teaching gets from the pie.

If your not getting much I wouldnt think that would be fare since YOU ARE THE GUEST ( TEACHING YOUR SECRETS )

Like I said I wasnt EVER thinking in any way that it wasnt worth the 300.00 fee HELL PEOPLE ARE WALKING AWAY WITH A SILICONE MASK !! And if you know silicone ( Silicone isnt the cheapest material to purchase )

HERES 2 QUESTIONS I HAVE....

What is the mold made of....

Can we bring our own mold or sculpt .....

Say someone has a mold or makes a mold to use for the classroom, can they use their mold or sculpt for the class ??

( Again..... please dont think I was being rude, I come off the wrong way ALLOT ! )
                  "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                  www.maliciousstudios.com
                  "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                  http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I was never offended at all Mal,
                    This is a no mold technique, it is a build up of several layers of silicone. There will not be a mold. Textures are achieved by techniques used on the silicone as it kicks. Sculpting ability will help, but is not necessary. I will take questions and talk about molded silicone masks during the class.
                    Allen H

Comment

Build-Up masks!!!!

This is what Allen is talking about on the build- up masks. I thought I would give you guys a visual! We made the masks and the gloves using the build - up method!!

Bart Butler
                      HobNob Productions
                      http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

I would take it. I have been waiting to see what the Friday makeup class is going to be.

Comment

Since the question came up I thought I would clarify a little. On classes like this, MHC does not make any money unless a bunch of people sign. We do them to add more things to do on the weekend. Allen has already told me that he only wants about 10 people max so, at best, we would cover our costs on this class.

That being said, time is running out. You need to let Allen know if you are interested so we can start finalizing the details.

Comment

Working...
                          X