Gel-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gel-10

I was looking around on YouTube at some horror-makeup techniques. I went through quite a few "related videos" links and found this product. It is called Gel-10 (obviously enough). You can purchase it from this site. The company that provides it has many tutorials on how to use it. There are many plus sides to this make-up:
    • The make-up rarely slips off
    • The make-up looks very realistic when applied correctly
    • It moves very well with your skin
    • After you have created your cut or what ever you wanted with it, you can re-apply it.

Please note that I have not personally tried this product. All that I know was learned from the site and the videos. What I do know, though, is that this product looks like it would be great to use.

Here's a few of the videos on how to apply it:

What do you all think about this product?
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

GEL-10 is AWESOME !!

I had the chance to play with Gel-10 it is VERY cool.... you can make some VERY disturbing cuts, gashes, and bites etc. with this stuff....

you can get it at BITTY SUPLY
    Last edited by maliciousstudios; 04-26-2009, 11:51 AM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I figured it was a pretty nice product.

xD The company you said was the site I linked to. I guess you may have missed it.
      ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
      Campbellsville, KY

Comment

This looks like very fun stuff to play with!! I can think of a few things i would like to try with it and im posting an example picture of me with my favorite make up job.(favorite as in crowd reaction, i have yet to perfect it)

For this i used liqud latex to build up around my eye, a bruise stack and some bloods to color it. But i hate the fact that the scrim is always so noticable so i used mehron's 3-d gel and heated it up and poured around the eye and as it hardended i tacked it back and forth across the scrim.

The thing is with the 3-d gel as it hardens you have about 20 seconds from tacky to hardened and thats it. I wonder is Gel 10 is even possible to stretch as far as the 3-d gel?

Might have to pick some of this stuff up and see how it works because im not to crazy that only half the time i can even get the 3-d gel to perform to give me satisfactory results, the other half im just burning my dam eyeball and it's falling in my lap.

But i do want to hide that scrim a lot better while still having at least partial sight while acting in a crowd.

Last edited by Kevin Dells; 04-26-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Should I even ask where you got a fake chicken?! xD You did a good job on the make-up.
          ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
          Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Craft stores have fake chickens! Thanks for the kudo's!

Comment

Really? I would've never thought you could get a chicken from a craft store. That may come in handy in the future. Since I'm in Kentucky, it will be hard to resist making a hill billy haunt. I can easily use chickens in the haunt. xD
              ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
              Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Jon,

Go over to Micheals in the Hamburg area... it's next to Best Buy... I think you'll like it! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

That has to be one of the BEST make up jobs i have ever seen!
                  That would startle anyone in a haunted house.
                  Great work!
                  sigpic
                  PEACE, ADAM
                  www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Bity Mold Supply

Those videos are from Mitch at Bity Mold Supply in Dallas, Texas. Great guy! We have been working with him this year. Making scars and even masks with Gel 10 is great! We were at Transworld with the Zombies that we made with Gel 10! Now of course Gel 10 (silicone) is pricey.......like liquid gold to a haunter. If you do it right it goes a long way!!! The bigger scars that you do can peel off and be used again throughout the whole season. Go to www.brickintheyard.com .
                    Bart Butler
                    HobNob Productions
                    http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

TC,
                      the silicone mask class Im teaching (possibly depending on interest). we will be using Gel-10 in the class.
                      Kevin,
                      The working time on Gel-10 is about 2 minuets, and it sticks to its self so you can do it in batches, WAAAAAAY better than 3-D gel. Do pick some up.
                      Allen H
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                      X