Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyricist Needed for Horror/Comedy Musical!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyricist Needed for Horror/Comedy Musical!

I am currently in the midst of collaborating with a partner on a independent, feature length, movie-musical.

We have completed several drafts of the screenplay, and have begun the music writing phase of the project.

I am serving as both the composer and creative director of the project; and I have been having great difficulty with lyrics.

If you are interested in learning more about this project and possibly assisting us, please let me know. You may contact me at GStreicher@gmail.com
    G.W. Streicher
    GWS Films | GWS Music | IMDB

Life Immitates Art.?

Since the request for lyrical help parallells the plot of the movie and there the guy is dealing with the devil, I guess you are telling anyone who helps with this that they won't be getting paid either?
    "HHHMM?"
    No shaka my hand pleeze!

Sounds like fun.
    Here's a free sample of my work:"As I was swinging home through the trees,
    I chanced to collide with a nest of BEES!"
    Losing my grip I fell from the vine.
    Landing flat and crushing what was so precious ..and Mine!"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jerry Vayne may be able to help you...

http://www.myspace.com/jerryvayne
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Recent FAQ I've been receiving:

Q: Are there others currently working on lyrics or music for the project?

A: Yes, there are a few other artists currently working on songs/lyrics, including myself.

Q: What is the purpose of having so many artists working on it at the same time?

A: What I plan to do is have each of you bring different styles to the table, from which we will decide fits the story best.

Q: What style of music are we aiming for?

A: That is entirely up to the artist. It is up to them to bring their own style to the project. However, in this case, the genre should fairly "standard musical;" with elements of heavy metal and/or rock.

Q: How do we know where to place the songs and what to write about?

A: If I haven't already, I will soon send you a list of proposed songs and their placement in the story. However, these are only guidelines to get you started. Our plan is to allow you to get to know the story. After that, we ask that you make a list/outline of where songs should go and their purpose. The musical interlude should accent a point, character change, or decision, please feel free to create one.

Q: Is this project a traditional or unconventional musical?

A: Think as this as more or less like a "Disney-esque" musical. What I mean by this is it does not have to be in traditional format; in the sense that the music is used only to accent important story points, character arc, or decisions.

Q: Should dialogue be sung or included in songs?

A: If you feel it's necessary, you can include dialogue in the songs. But it is NOT required.

Q: Is there a deadline for my submissions?

A: A deadline will be designated to you as soon as I receive the before state outline.

Q: Is there a chance that I will be collaborating with the other artists?

A: Yes. For example, if we choose your lyrics and decide to have another composer do the music, there is a chance that you will further work together.

Q: How many other artists are currently attached?

A: So far, we've already narrowed our sights down to a small group of potential collaborators; but we will not make a final decision until each one of you has submitted at least 2-3 of the core songs.

Q: Will I be compensated for my demos?

A: No. However, after the demos are submitted, and if we choose to further collaborate with you, then a licensing and ownership agreement will be discussed as well as compensation for your work.

NOTE: This is a student/independent film. We are not yet affiliated with a production company, studio, or financiers. The purpose of this talent call is to find possibly collaborators to assist with the project. We have plans to possibly get the film financed and produced under and independent production company. However, as of this date, we still remain in the developmental stages.
        G.W. Streicher
        GWS Films | GWS Music | IMDB

Comment

Working...
        X