Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tent haunt nightmares? Problems with your fire marshalls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tent haunt nightmares? Problems with your fire marshalls?

I am just curious to who has had experience with tent haunts, and what kind of nightmares are associated with setting up in a tent. How hard has your fire marshal been on you?

We are adding a third haunted event at our farm this year, and we are considering putting it under a tent. I do know that it has flame certificates, for both the tent and the sides. I plan to use fire retardant paint products, 12v lighting and some other 110v standard equipment.

Have you had any issues with your fire marshalls in the past?

Have you been kept from opening for a night? Have you been shut down for the season???

www.Legendsofthefog.com
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

Pirates of Emerson sets up in a tent. Karl posts here from time to time. Maybe he'll chime in.

http://www.piratesofemerson.com/index.html

There was also an article or two in HauntWorld Magazine about tents.

Comment

Plain and simple, code states that you have to have a sprinkler system in a tent. The rules apply only to Haunted Houses, you can have an art show, wedding reception, concert, anything but a Haunted House and not have one. Consider adding about 25-35k to your budget depending on the size. If you are close to a fire connection with the proper pressure that is. If they enforce this you can try paying for a Fire Watch instead.

We did one about 10 years ago, they let us get completely set-up without a sprinkler system before some higher up changed his mind. Now take this into consideration, we met or exceeded the other guidlines. Double the fire extinguishers, double the exits, exits no more than 30 feet at any time, heavy use of fire retardant materials, max. occupancy of 100 at a time. Well they made us remove the roof panels, (some feet considering we were set-up), exposing us
      ( including electrical) to the elements. Now we have a Haunted House with a nice sun roof, they suggested that we put camo net over the top. O.K. we did that, they then suggested we could put more layers if we wanted. We now had a roof again, almost water tite.

I love regulation, they are so practical..,

Matt
      Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Matt, with government it's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game. As you found out.

Comment

Hey we did a tent haunt this year in Illinois and we didn't have to have a sprinkler system. The only thing that sucks is that you have to deal with the weather more. When its freezing it definitely sucks and when it rains people dont like to wait outside. But other then that there was no real problems. Too bad you live so far away we are selling our tent for 4500. Well good luck with your haunt
          RICH

Comment

Working...
          X