Painting Walls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Walls ?

I want to know the best (easiest) way to paint plywood wall panels ?

These panels are going to be outside.... should i use a paint gun

or a roller or a sponge ?

i also would like to know the best kind of black paint to use.......

Thanks for your input..............

Casey....................Creep House

I know a lot of haunts use a paint gun, but for me I don't think they seal the walls very well.. Also, the over spray could be a huge mess if you're working outside.

I personally roll on the paint for my outdoor walls. I think it seals them much better with a nice coat of paint and also you can get into all the grooves of the wood.

And as far as type of paint, I use Conco flat black interior/extieror from Menards. I've used it for years and it holds up great! Also, I highly sugguest buying 5 gal barrles to save some money!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Just to make it even, i use a sprayer and exterior paint regardless of where they will be used. i paint them all black then paint them for the set, they almost never stay black ( I hate black walls in a haunt). so they end up with two or three coats on them by the time we open. paint the backs too!
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

i have found that the best black paint can be found at tractor supply or any other farm store. i use the black barn and fence paint that they sell. they also have white, red, green, silver and a few others i am forgetting. the price is typically about $40 for a 5 gallon pail. As for applying the paint for large out door areas i have to say spray it on. When i spray the paint for every 5 gallons of paint i add 1 gallon of water so the sprayer can pump it better.

Comment

I paint the lumber and plywood prior to screwing them together. Everything is sealed and won't wick up water and the pressure of the lumber on the sheeting makes the paint into almost a glue as any paint takes many days to truely cure.

Even though I have sprayers I have it rolled on two full coats relying on thickness in order to be outside if need be. I have a trailer that some walls were used to make side covers some 5 years ago and they are always outdoors and are hanging in there. Originally it was junk OSB and lumber. They were culled out of the haunt and painted black.

You have to observe proper humidity time windows and curing times between coats like what it says on the can of what ever you use. Other wise everything will stick together when stored.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Paint

Thanks guys for the help.........

Comment

Working...
            X