Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirts

I am going to be ordering t-shirts for our haunt and wanted to know how many of each size to order. What have you found to be a good number in t-shirt ordering?

I have been looking for statistics online and for a "gamer" target market it is:

S: 13.5%
    M: 16%
    L: 19%
    XL: 19%
    XXL: 19%
    XXXL: 13.5%

It looks like the average college student wears:

30% Sm
    25% Med
    25% Lg
    20% Xlg

This is quite a bit different.

Comment

No joke- If you order size 4XL

I will buy 2 of them. Please let me know if this is a possibility. I will definately purchase, as I collect haunt t-shirts from everywhere. (I am unable to travel)

ps- Girls love large sizes. they use them as nightshirts. also, lots of us big guys out there. You'll be surprized how many 3xl's you'll sell...... (even if they cost more) It's a spur of the moment impulse buy.
      thanks much !!!! Chuck
      Last edited by chuck weber; 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I will have to say

Evilution you had it right the first time. Trust me the only smalls we sell are for kids. No collage kid is going to fit into a small tee unless its a very very small girl. Actually the collage kids buy them big and sleep in them! We do the following.

10% Small
        20% Medium
        20% Large
        20% XL
        15% XXL
        15% XXXL

You will find out what works best for you if this is your first time I would buy more Med, Lg, XL, XXL to start with. Shane and its throw in a few 4XL's for Chuck! Shane this time.
        sigpic

Comment

Whether true or not, your smart customers will assume that you purchased the most cut-rate low quality t-shirt possible to maximize profits. This means they will run small and shrink, so customers will buy big to make sure they fit.

So I would gear your sizes up a notch to account for this, and XXXL sells like hotcakes, just look at your customers in line and see how many of them could go for a big shirt, it will be a good percent.

Comment

I don't know where you are located but we are in Philly and we sell just as many hoddies as we do t-shirts. Oct is a month were it can be warm in the afternoon and then a temp drop and people get cold and don't have a jacket, so they buy the higher priced hoodies. We sell a lot of hoodies first and when sizes get low we sell more t-shirts. Just my 2 cents. And teens and 20's love hoodies.

Ps go low on smalls a lot of med thru lg and a little less 2 and 3 X's people can go up ,but they can't go down a size.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I will go with the larger sizes for the first season, my only concern was that I am located near Miami University in Ohio and will be targeting the students heavily. Miami is also known as J. Crew U as the students all look like super models.

Comment

Shirts do well for us, but we also do very well with smaller stuff that people can put in their pockets -- such as shot glasses.

Key is to make sure the artwork on your shirts is something unique, and likely different from your core artwork. Look at what "the kids" are wearing these days, or the kind of things that the the theme parks and Hot Topics are selling when you start designing. Don't make the mistake of just putting your main graphic on a black shirt and assuming it will sell.
                Attached Files
                Scott Simmons
                The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Hey Scott, where do you order your shot glasses from?

Comment

Here you go -- tell her that Scott from The ScareHouse sent ya ...

Justina Rossi
                    Account Executive, Pittsburgh Office

Tel: 724-935-1770

jrossi@webbmason.com
                    Scott Simmons
                    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Shotglasses look great !!!!!!

Great idea thanks for posting the photos great item!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X