Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting off (?)

Hi,

Noobie here. I've always wanted to make a professional haunt and had a couple questions.

What's the best way to start off small? I don't really have the space at my house to make a small sized haunt. Would it be better to buy a few acres of land to build on or to get warehouse space?

Would it be possible to capture flies and and put them in a couple areas of the haunt for effect or is that not allowed due to health reasons?

Also, are there any year round haunts that are only open on the weekends?

Thanks in advance!

Ravens Grin Inn Open every night!

Located in the middle of nowhere, Mount Carroll, Illinois, 3 hrs. due west of Chicago, ten miles from the Miss. River.
    If the average October haunt's "Season" is two weeks , I have been open 25 times 20=

500 seasons!
    The weekends are when you would see the customers, once the weather turns nice and they have had a weekend or two to de-winterize their house, yard, lawn mower, wash the Harley.
    Of course nasty weasther on a weekend ruins it all , pretty much unless you are near a campground then parents will use you as a device to rid themselves of the screaming brats stuck in a camper or tent!
    There are many different styles of a haunt. The year-round customers will be tourists not haunt enthusiasts or people looking for blood and gore usually.
    See : hauntedravensgrin.com
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I can't wait until I can finally be a tourist at your attraction! The day is coming my friend! ; )

Slaughter,

Ghostly Manor runs throught the year. You can check them out at www.GhostlyManor.com, although I'm not exactly sure they are open all year???

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I'm nearly positive Bill shuts down his place after October and then reopens in May. I've been to his place a number of times, all during the summer as something else to do when we go to Cedar Point.
        -Brandon Kelm
        Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X