Spandex wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spandex wall

Spandex wall. Wondering if anyone has any insights into constructing a free standing wall that can be pushed through without falling over or being bolted into the floor. I was debating using sandbags but I am not sure if even that would support multiple bodies pushing against the spandex without toppling the wall. Thanks for any help at all.

Free standing, Scary, spandex? Sounds like just recruit a Walmart shopper!

Generally if something isn't making scary gestures from inside spandex pants, there are quite a few other walls in opposing directions that this panel is connected to. Heavy plywood and lumber panels I_I and maybe even a floor they are all connected to with the wieght of the pushee on that floor being the total counter balance required. You could put sand in their pockets.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Off topic: Sometimes, holding your tongue is the hardest thing to do. Especially in situations like this.

On topic: Could you not build a wall panel? Instead of putting a 4'x8' piece of plywood on the front, just cut the plywood so the overall size is 4'x8', but only have a 2 1/2" border of actual wood. Then, secure the spandex to the back of your border, and then attach it to the supports? It seems like that would work if you didn't mind having to rip apart a wall panel to get the spandex if you want to use it for something else. And a kind word of warning: I have not tried building something like this, nor am I a professional haunter. What I told you should work in theory, but if it works in reality is a whole different thing.

NOTE: I attached a pretty bad looking example of what I was talking about.
      Attached Files
      ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
      Campbellsville, KY

Comment

Cloth, Latex, whatever?

This is a simple suggestion but maybe some don't know this. When securing any kind of cloth, or latex, spandex you will see it lasting much longer and suffering customer abuse much better if the edges are pulled over the edge and stapled, glued. That 90 degree gives the item much more resisitant leverage and strenght.
        Fastening a small, thin board over it this edge after it is pulled around the corner edge also helps re-distribute the pulling forces more in the favor of the material .
        Be sure and be ready for customers to punch the shape pushing against the spandex, use a face shaped item rather than your only actual head.
        A styrofoam wig head would work, but have more than one of them available.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X