strobe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strobe question

i have a very powerful strobe light i believe its 1400 watts,i want to use it to simulate lightning on my facade.does anyone know how i can program a flouresent to make random lightning patterns eveery 20 sec or so?all of my lightning machines dont hold the proper wattage,and i also tried a boobox,i can make the power light come on and off when i program it but the strobe dosnt blink for some reason,any help would be aprieciated

You might run it by Gadget (Brian) at Evilusions. He's a technical wiz!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

WIPPLE,

does it have a DMX input? Hell you could always stand out there and turn the thing off and on by hand......GOD knows you don't do anything else anyhow. At least that is what I have been told. LOL

Or maybe pig pig can do it.
      Ken
      www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Wipp

Not entirely clear on what you want to accomplish, but a basic PLC (or other controller) controlling an external relay capable of switching 12 Amps (120VAC) will do it. In other words, you either need a controller that can handle around 12A OR one that turns on/off a relay that can handle that load. DMX controller is a good idea as well.

Don't know if that helps?
        Last edited by GraveStalker; 05-04-2009, 06:47 PM. Reason: added

Comment

what are you doing in my thread ken?ahhaha,thanks for the input,i figured it out today,i tried another boobox and it worked great.and ken yes you are correct,the magic haunt faireys build my haunt for me wile i sleep

Comment

"Magic Haunt Fairies"!?

You are very lucky! Local people think satan built my place, lazy bastard won't do jackshitt!
            He just sits there looking through my old divorce papers laughing, only stopping when I threaten to set him up with my ex-mother-in-law then real fear crosses his face, getting so scared it runs up his nose and the sound of those hidden maggotts is deafening .
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wipple,

I was told you're the only fairy at that haunt.
              Ken
              www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Working...
              X