Another Need Help Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Need Help Question

We are trying to theme everything around a crematorium. I guess it could be a lived in crematorium for that matter. The crematorium would be the last room they see. So far I've got your basic living quarters, kitchen, bathroom, walkthrough closet room, body storage or freezer, and a loading dock. Please, does anyone have any creative advise for this type of theme because we have alot more space to fill!
    http://www.myspace.com/scareview

I've never heard of a "live in" crematorium... I always thought they we're performed at the funeral parlors... but here's a few thoughts off the top of my head:

-A Chapel
    -Parlor
    -Embalming room/stations
    -Waste Dump (got to get rid of the "extras" somewhere)

Of course you've got your assorted hallways (doors, windows, etc. etc.)...

If anything else pops inot my head I'll post them here! Hope this helps. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Then there are the weird "hobbies" of taxidemy and sewing things together that don't belong together.

The pick an urn your remains will go into. Oh, we need a bigger one. Or a pretty one for you.

The great outdoors and sheds full of bodies that never really got cremated but did get charged for.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks Tyler and Greg! Great ideas so far!! Alot of funeral homes around here use to be "lived in". The mortician would have seperate living quarters in the house either upstairs or downstairs, depending on the place or set up. That's not the case these days though. Most of those places have been turned into actual houses. The closest actual crematory is about 2 hours away and a friend that works there gave us the idea. Coming up with a story line of an abandoned crematory and to stretch out the room ideas is a hard part to come up with.
        http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

I would suggest a belongings closet or call it a "personal effects room" I love to use closets in my shows when I can. Make it as tight as possible and have clothes hanging on either side of the hallway. Its a great tension builder and actors can reach through and get great scares.
          Why not have one room that is the other side of the oven, perhaps have the propane tank that feeds it, that would be a great place for an air cannon.
          good luck,
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Don't forget..

That display at the tour's end where you sell personalised charcoal briquets for cooking out just like Grandad did, using Grandad's "charcoal" gives it a special flavor.
            Do Grandad one last favor, filter some whiskey through" him"..one last time!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X