STAR TREK Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR TREK Movie

Anyone plans to see this movie this weekend?

Today, I went and saw it... it was good movie, really...

Although it is still set in the future, this big budget entery goes back more than 40 years in popular culture - back to Starfleet Academy before the Enterprise's first voyage via the TV series in 1966. Directed by J..J. Abrams.

Chris Pine aka James T. kirk
    Zachary Quinto aka Spock
    John Cho aka Hikaru Sulu
    Karl Urban aka Dr. Leonard McCoy
    Zoe Saldana aka Nyota Uhura
    Simon Pegg aka Scotty
    Anton Yelchin aka Pavel Chekov
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

I really liked it, they needed a new direction much like the Next Generation did in the late 80's. Hopefully we will see more of this cast!
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I saw the movie today and loved it. The actors caught the subtle mannorisms of the actors of old. The story line was good but incorrect (if you compare it to the outcome of the other Star Trek movies) so it leaves much room for sequels. The "time" theory was used here as it is in "LOST". Maybe because J.J. Abrams wrote the script, he is a real time warp freak. If you have seen all the past Star Trek movies you will understand what I am talking about. The nemisis in this movie has depth and the viewer is willing to accept his reasons for revenge. The action was great and believable. We were watching and looking for all the Spockisms and they are there visually and in verbage. All in all a great way to spend a warm summer evening. The popcorn wasn't bad either.

Live Long and Prosper
      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

That would be J.J. Abrams directed, sorry
        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Larry, what did you think?

Comment

before i even wached the movie this was happened next door to the movie theater and i watched it http://www.wesh.com/video/19421726/index.html over all the movie was great
            terror tents we will leave you screaming

Comment

Robert

Originally posted by robert View Post
              Larry, what did you think?
              Please don't ask Larry what he thinks about movies, last year he thought "Go speed racer " was great! lol
              Last edited by hauntedhousenut; 05-12-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

*SPOILER ALERT*

I enjoyed they way they used the time-travel story to create an alternate time line for the characters. They are the characters we know and love, but their future is now unknown, since they are living in an altered time line. Very clever way to breathe new life into an old franchise.

Comment

it may be an alternate time line, but not an alternate universe...so everything we came to know and love about the star trek stories for the past 40 yrs is now null and void.

too many plot holes in this movie---it was ok, but what can you expect from a popcorn movie.

Comment

For the hard core Trekkie it might seem like it was a slight on the future and of course all we know - but for other hard core trekkies they saw what I saw... rejuvenation!
                    Now they can do a completely different story and not worry about offending or following a book or tv show etc... They have re-birthed the franchise to a new generation (Something Lucas has not been able to fully accomplish!)

I think it was a great move and sure there are plot holes or questionable concepts... but the move had everything you could ask for plus bringing a new generation of Trekkies to geek-gasm...

Well that's my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X