Hauntworld Magazine Issue 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Magazine Issue 22

Okay I can't believe this but yeah getting ready to start working on another one... seems like we should already been done for the year but no another one is coming soon.

Do you have an article you'd like to see? Anyone have an article they would like to submit?

The featured haunts for the next issue I THINK are Greystone Manor and Atrox Factory (ALABAMA) Feature story! The reason I say I think is because Ben Armstrong is going to visit these haunts and I THINK he has it all set up and is writting the story. He can confirm, heck maybe Shane or Paul can confirm this is all set up.

This will be the last magazine we will produce for 2009. We will produce another one just after IAAPA 2009 Vegas.

So maybe another one comes out in '09 but don't expect to see it until December or later.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

We still never saw a real haunted overload issue.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

How about a professional way to talk to building owners and realtors. I talk to a lot of people and the same scenario always happens on getting a building. Every thing seems to go well until you tell them its a haunted house. just an idea, I know many others have this problem as well

Also I think a good article would be a get to know the vendors better such as, how they got started , why they did it, pics of their shop etc.
      HHA Member

Comment

Looking forward to the next issue Larry. You going to MC or just Patti? IF so meet with me for a one on one interview.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

ADA accessibility article

Larry,

I have the ADA accessibility article that was proposed It is just about together. I was still hoping to hear some of your thoughts. It could easily be together for this issue if you are interested.

Randy
          Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
          Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
          2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Grimely,

Thanks for the interest in having us in there. There are tons of awesome haunts we still haven't seen in HauntWorld yet. I'm sure Larry will get to all of them in due time. If we were to make it in there, it would be better for the readers to be after this season anyway because we will have so many more improvements and photos of the new scenes.

I'm looking forward to seeing Graystone Manor and Atrox. I know Ben will do an awesome job like he did with House of Torment.

If you e mail me I'll answer any questions you have about our attraction.

Eric
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I agree with Grimley, that we didn't really see a Haunted Overload issue yet, but if Eric wants to wait, that's cool.

I don't have a specific haunt I'd like to read about otherwise at the moment, but I would cast a vote for any article about or related to OUTDOOR haunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                How about a professional way to talk to building owners and realtors. I talk to a lot of people and the same scenario always happens on getting a building. Every thing seems to go well until you tell them its a haunted house. just an idea, I know many others have this problem as well

Also I think a good article would be a get to know the vendors better such as, how they got started , why they did it, pics of their shop etc.
                I agree with you Chris-I have sooooo much trouble trying to find a bigger better building. I get turned down left and right OR they are asking $10,000-$13,000 a MONTH for a 10,000 sqft building.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I'd like to see some articles on Nightmare New England and and the new Spooky World at Canobie Lake Park!
                  The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Eric

I agree anytime Ben does anything he does a great job. I can say this anytime you get reconized by your peers its an honor and if all goes well I hope everyone will enjoy whatever there is to come in the next HauntWorld no matter who it may be.

Larry, I think Ben is getting up with Paul and getting over to Atrox in a few weeks. I talked to Paul a few days ago and did not think to ask him. I can say this I know Ben will love what Paul and the guys have put together at Atrox. I can also say this on a personal note and it would make a good topic for a thread.

I truly treasure my friendship with Paul. I certinly hope that there are haunts out there that are friends with each other. Trust me its a win win for everyone. You share info, jokes, trips. tips with each other when your friends. I have never considered Graystone competition with Atrox. Paul and the guys are friends and that means more to me than anything! Something for everyone to think about for sure.

Lastly I to look forward to the new HauntWorld as I always do. Shane and its a very serious! Shane this time.
                    sigpic

Comment

As soon as I can get Paul and Shane to send their logos to me (going to send them an email today) then we'll have the next cover of Hauntworld Magazine done next week. I had this crazy idea of a Rebel Flag behind Shane 'Rebel without a Cause'. LOL

What do you think?

As for other articles I really don't have any in mind however I'm going to start thinking about it here soon... we need to do something good!

I know we'll have a Hauntcon, Transworld, and HHA report, but we need some really good articles that will help your business this coming season.

Keep offering your suggestions!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Shane served as your nemisis, and antagonist for the better part of the past year? I guess he won in the game of chicken....

Darkangel

Comment

How about amusement parks that have haunted attractions? I work at Scarowinds and it's a whole different can of worms compared to other haunts...
                          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

No game of chicken... Ben went up to his haunted house a few months back and said he really liked it. Secondly I think I was the one who kept asking Shane to share more info... so now he is! Who wants to know more about Shane? Ben actually suggested this to me and I agreed. However I wanted to knock out both haunts in the same state! All of the magazines we're doing right now are themed... this theme is how they haunt in Alabama.

As for him being my whatever...not true! He wasn't really after me he was always just putting in his two cents about everything. If you really think about it he was oppossed to the St. Louis show and in the end he was in favor. So maybe he came around! LOL

Hey I stand by what I believe in no matter who attacks me on it... I was attached on all levels for getting this split thing to happen with the retail. When it was all said and done the retail shows bombed, and everyone said 'glad we didn't go', then when St. Louis show was a smash hit I never heard anyone retract all those attacks on me, but you have to understand I'm not in this to do anything but what I think is right.

I did what I thought was right, and I knew others where wrong or didn't see the big picture, but in the end I was right but I could have been wrong but I wasn't. But see I don't care, I don't hold grudges ever. Its water under the bridge.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

I too think that an article on leasing or buying a building would be great. I am having nightmares right now trying to find a property for my first haunted house. It would be nice to hear some tips from those who have been successful at this. I have found many owners that are willing to lease, but everything I come across is zoned incorrectly for a haunted attraction, and most owners are unwilling to go through the process/headache of attempting to rezone.
                              Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                              Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                              www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X