Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunting for Kids

Hi there all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Child Friendly (ages Preschool - 15yrs) Haunted Homes or Sets that occur every year in Canada and the US? I would be like to link to them (from) or list them on my site http://<a href="http://www.halloween...s4kids.com</a> this year.

Any other kid friendly events or ideas you might have would also be appreciated.

Thanx a bunch.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    HalloweenMom
    www.halloweengames4kids.com

IF all our plans go through... IF we get the building we want... We MIGHT do a Kid friendly addition. But that will be next year.
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

We do a (1) Day Kid Friendly event in Memphis, TN.

One day is all we can tolerate being "friendly"... :twisted:

The website is not "completely" finished yet (under major construction)
      but www.hauntedweb.com

Comment

We severly appreciate any customer or potential customer who arrives at our door and do our best to provide them with suitable entertainment without embarrassing them personally or infront of their friends.
        I tell parents to bring children here on sat. & Sun. afternoons when more daylight creeps in around the upstairs windows and it is brighter, more cheery in the house and we also try to be very sensitive to children's fears and we utilyze our pet dog and cat to calm them, let them know this place can't be that bad if kitty and puppy live here too! (And this usually works very well)
        I also try to communicate to everyone that we can not shape and bend a tour catering to one or two little scared children when it is "Prime Time" , October weekends , at night or late night tours (when kids should be in bed anyway)
        We have created many, many wonderfull patrons from previously terrorized children and adults by doing such things and this starts before they ever buy a ticket or the front door opens.
        Of course with some people and children nothing can calm them, nothing will work but we almost always try if we realise this is their potential problem.
        We don't allow kitty or puppy to eat too many children, it wouldn't be good for their weight control.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well what is hard about answering that question is the age range. By the time they are 15 they want MORE and the little kids don't. Now pre-school to 8, that would be pretty easy to do
          ~HauntedWebby~
          www.lazarusmaze.com
          www.bbqandghosts.com
          "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
            We severly appreciate any customer or potential customer who arrives at our door and do our best to provide them with suitable entertainment without embarrassing them personally or infront of their friends.
            I tell parents to bring children here on sat. & Sun. afternoons when more daylight creeps in around the upstairs windows and it is brighter, more cheery in the house and we also try to be very sensitive to children's fears and we utilyze our pet dog and cat to calm them, let them know this place can't be that bad if kitty and puppy live here too! (And this usually works very well)
            I also try to communicate to everyone that we can not shape and bend a tour catering to one or two little scared children when it is "Prime Time" , October weekends , at night or late night tours (when kids should be in bed anyway)
            We have created many, many wonderfull patrons from previously terrorized children and adults by doing such things and this starts before they ever buy a ticket or the front door opens.
            Of course with some people and children nothing can calm them, nothing will work but we almost always try if we realise this is their potential problem.
            We don't allow kitty or puppy to eat too many children, it wouldn't be good for their weight control.
            Is Mr. Tuxedo on the Catkins diet? lol
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Mr. Tuxedo is on the "Mean & Surley" Diet.
              I can't imagine how obese he would be if he still had any teeth!?
              The day after the vet/dentist removed all but one of his fangs he was chomping dry cat food like crazy!
              His teeth didn't really HAVE to come out but a serious fan of his wanted to buy them to make a necklace , and the price was right.
              After all I've done for him and the nice way I have always treated him, for some reason he still doesn't really like me?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Breckenridge Colorado has a kid friendly "haunt" every year, the friday before Halloween, at the Breckenridge Recreation Center.

Brett
                ulhbuilder

Comment

We have always done a kid friendly first hour at Dr ARKane's Museum of Terror. And we really have not been well attended. It always seems like the longest hour of the night. Alot of our actors are just sitting around, our techs in the catwalks are doing very little mostly opening the doors to the next room and doors opening by themselves seems to frighten the littleones more than i would like . Alot of our illusions rely on the lighting and the timeing of our techs. and do not work with the lights on. Besides the fact that we give alot of the secrets of how things are done to the people that can't keep it quiet and spoil it for others. Besides we use tricks and illusions that i just don't like to give away to the general public. I have done my home work they can too. I might be selfish but i just hate to see my stuff ripped off by the last minute throw together haunt up the road and then not done proper. So we are very much considering not doing the kid friendly haunt this season.
                  Dr ARKane

Comment

Maybe if all of us haunters would quit driving our new Ferrarri's everyday other people would not be so inclined to jump into this business?
                    Ever seen that back lot parking at Transworld , just for the Ferrarris?
                    We have three, one for my wife, one for me and one for Mr. Tuxedo, chauffer driven of course since he's a cat.
                    sure.
                    One night as my TV played my silly videos for the front room crowd I overheard a woman say to her man, "You could use that joke down at the club next weekend."
                    I wanted to show him my club! The one with the spikes pushed through it.
                    Comb his hair for him.
                    All I could do was hope that some people at the club had been here first.
                    We all would like to have the recognition and some of the profit from our own ideas and labor, now wouldn't we?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I help at a haunted attraction in Falmouth, MA, on Cape Cod. They do a kid day (not-so-scary haunted house) 3 weekends in October. If you are interested, I can give you the info.
                      Slash
                      "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Scream at the Beach (www.screamatthebeach.com) has a kids area every year. It is going to be fantastic this year.

I do haunted shows for kids, involving storytelling, magic, and a surprise or two. I am also working on a book of stories for kids, which also teaches them storytelling skills. Unfortunately, my website is under construction at this time, but I can be reached at www.myspace.com/ptbeast

I just took a look at your site. Looks like you have some fun stuff there.

Great idea. Lets get them started early!

Dave
                        Lords of Chaos, LLC
                        House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Working...
                        X