Dear to my heart. Please read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear to my heart. Please read...

Some of you know me, but most have never met me so I want to thank you in advance to those who read and help...

A few years ago my cousin has died of Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 9, a disease that effects 30,000 children each year, and recently one of my best friend's daughters was diagnosed with CF.

Cystic fibrosis is an inherited chronic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States (70,000 worldwide). A defective gene and its protein product cause the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections; and obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down and absorb food.

I have made it a goal of mine to help find a cure for CF.

I am asking each of you to visit the following link to the Great Strides CF walk. The one in Green Bay that I am part of is coming up this Saturday, May 16th.

My goal is to raise $1,000 which I am almost there, but would love to exceed $5,000 by this weekend.

I know this is ALOT to ask, especially in these tough economic times.

ANY size donation would be appreciated. If everyone would even donate $5.00 look at how much we could raise. I wish I had big expensive props to action off to give but I do not.

Thanks again and please keep my friend’s Stephanie's daughter Taylor in your prayers. The last update I received she was in the children's hospital in Milwaukee with a lung function of only 25%.

Sean De Wane

To donate visit...
    http://www.cff.org/great_strides/

in the find a walker type in Sean DeWane
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

I am really sorry that I can't help you financially with this. I'll keep you and your cause in my prayers. I wish you the best of luck in getting the money you want!
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

My cousin died of CF many years ago. He was only 21. One way to help rid the world of this horrible disease is to be tested for the gene before having children. One parent can carry the gene and all is well but if both carry it the odds are great that you will will have a child that develops CF. I remember many times when my aunt would have to pound on my cousin's back to help break up the muscus. Very sad indeed. If you know you have this in your family tree please get tested and have your spouse tested before deciding to have any children. I applaud you for helping to fight this horrible disease.
      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
      X