Google Adwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Adwords

I just met with our Verizon FiOS account executive (company is ViaMedia) to talk about TV advertising for October. The rep also sells Google AdWords. Has anyone used AdWords before? It's basically pay-per-click. Also, do you think it's better just to go through Google? I assume the prices are higher going through a ViaMedia rep... (I won't find out prices until Friday) Thanks for any help!

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
    Located in Richmond, VA

Getting into Google Adwords yourself for geo targeting your advertising could be quite time consuming to learn the ropes. The local dude probably has in his proposal a rotating ad campaign that other local businesses may have blazed a trail. There is also considerable analytics involved in making sure your impressions really happened and were somewhat effective.

On the same token these blazed trails might not be the same demographic to start expecting any web presence. Sometimes you have to pay for experience in one round and then figure out how to manipulate it for yourself seeing whether they were geniuses or not.

The over all trick is to limit your budget of what you are willing to spend each day or week and you can also limit which days the ad is available. Definitely post a budget, not a wide open pay anything the first time around. I'm sure the sales guy would like that but, direct with google you could say no more than $5 a day or less and what ever doesn't get spent can roll over. This would be lots of work for the local dude perhaps and it will be suggested you shouldn't do that for some reason. You get screwed if that is the potential spending more than you planned and have signed a contract to pay the bill what ever it is.

Those rules might work good for the dentist or veternarian but, the seasonal florist or haunted house accounts will get hit with heavy clicks and you have to only spend what you can afford no matter what the salesman wants.
    Last edited by Greg Chrise; 05-12-2009, 10:37 PM.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks for the response! We're definitely going the "pay-per-click" route, but the $5 a day and rolling over the left over $ sounds like a good idea.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
      www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
      Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Please relay any details you find out. With out limits it could be like a really shocking cell phone bill or a toll free hotline. Yet not putting enough in there doesn't buy what you need. Some local businesses you might get bundled with are after a 200 mile radius when you only want 30 to 50 miles and you get lots of clicks that don't show at the ticket booth. Yet it might be real cheap and it doesn't matter, more like a pay as you go cell phone or one that never rings anyhow.

Every channel or lead stream is just like that, a line of pay as you go cell phones kicking in or running out of minutes and what times of the week etc.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind, who has more visibilty with click thrus, Yahoo or Google, Yahoo is .17cents per click, I've heard that Google is about the same; however, which is more visible/seen more. If Google click thru ads are seen 70% of time on sites and Yahoo 30% of time, then you might want to focus more dollars on Google or vice versa, I have not seen any data stating which has more click thru ads on the most sites, maybe those who do this has some better insight.

Comment

We use both Google and Yahoo ads for two years now. As far as price they are about the same.. Google ads have gotten 3 times more hits than Yahoo. The only downfall to this is another haunter who is savy with a computer. They will set up the computer to click your ads or just sit there and click them because they know it cost you money.. We found out this could be happening and will be watching a little closer this year on who is clicking are ads..
            Bart Butler
            HobNob Productions
            http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

17 cents per click sounds high. I thought it would be 100 clicks for 50 cents? Or some how could be direct with google. Is someone making 16.5 cents profit per click or is that just how expensive it has become?
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Spoils! Does Google have a way to limit the number of clicks that a particular computer or IP address clicks, for example, if a particular computer clicks 3 times, can that computer then be blocked from further clicking until your run of click thru's stops for the season?

Comment

We are going to look into that this year. As soon as I know I will give you a shout. See ya July 3rd!
                  Bart Butler
                  HobNob Productions
                  http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                  X