Icon characters??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon characters??????

We have a few that have become.....ah well known around the industry.
    It is great when you go to a show and see not only 1 or your crew....but 2 of your characters rolled into 1. Wait a minute.......FUNNY? Yes in a way

For the first time (to explain the above) I saw other people dressed, act, sound, just like one of characters at DR.

Back to why I am mentioning this........

Netherworld and a few others use ICON CHARACTERS
    I also know that we .....DR....NETHERWORLD....
    Have a crew of pretty talented people to make the costumes and such

Who else uses ICON CHARACTERS?
    Hauntworld last issue....See here is a perfect example
    For the life of me....I can't remember the name of the haunt featured
    house of torment...right? I think
    BUT I can remember the army sgt with maggot 2x4.....and the dude with the hat mr graves

I think its a slam dunk to do it......our logo is our ICON dude
    Funny thing? Noone has a costume or mask or anything of the thing

Ok so i have to make a suit and use it as the Dream Reaper this year

Anyone else need something made?
    We can work with a stick figure picture if need be....lol

Let me know your thoughts? PLEASE?
    Gee could it get any better than this?

"Borrowing?"

Your Icon?
    I decided years ago to not get too upset by copy-cats..unless, unless, suddenly that copy-cat is a nationally promoted mega-show raking in the big bucks and by their silence, appropriate your creative work.
    Then be mad.
    I wasn't too "Happy" when several people told me in my front room, "Oh, that's where Mr. copy-cat GOT that routine!" As I finished my routine that actually , I thought, was fairly unique and Ravens Grin particulair.
    Another time a over-dressed couple watched one of my videos and the woman said to her guy(not knowing I was right behind them) "Hey! You can use that down at "the club" next Saturday night."
    I tried to find some positive feelings secretly knowing I was helping some lounge-lizard's career.
    Sure.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We have one character, the widow, that has been used in our haunts for the past 5 years. After this most recent Transworld we saw the power of pushing the "icon characters" and will work this year to create more.

I guess the problem we run into, is that we want our actors to be versatile and be able to use them as different characters on different nights. It seems like with the icon characters, you want one actor to become that specific character and play him or her night in and night out... and be recognizable in flyers, t-shirts, etc.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
      www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
      Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Yes The House of Torment. They get it!

I wrote an article about using icons years ago...

Here is the link:

http://www.hauntedhousemagazine.com/...characters.htm

Thanks!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Great article! Thanks!

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
          www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
          Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

The USS Nightmare has a FAMILY and WORKING CREW (no I'm not talking about those that make the show possible each haunting year) as their icons!!!!!

The boat is themed about the Captain William S. Mitchell familly (The ghostly remains of Cpt. William S. Mitchell himself, his daughter Anna Mitchell, and the Captain's vegeful brother Samuel Mitchell!!) as well as the dredge's crew members (the oiler the mechanic, the doctor, the head galley chef, and that's just to mention a few.)

You never know who will be dug..err turn up aboard the USS Nightmare!

Comment

We have a couple characters that reappear per our theme (Same Name) but fitting to the theme or era and we always have at least 2 to 3 (Or more) Characters themed for the year as promotional.

Unfortunately we re-theme every year... So our main characters change. My character and Tim's stay the same but fitting to the theme...if that makes since?

Two years ago: Judge Joe Kraven, The Scarecrow (Which was actually his wife who had been burned alive) - For our 1800 Western Town and last year Momma Grimsby and her family of freaks for our Slaughterhouse Theme. This year we have 20 main characters in all. Sadly they won't let me release details. but to me Custom Characters and Storyline are what help set us apart!

Comment

Working...
              X