No announcement yet.

What Makes a Good Zombie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is terrified of zombies. I think zombies have that effect on a lot of people, just like clowns. Remember those folks? It doesn't make a FLYING FORTICATION WTF HE'S DOING, HE'S THERE AND THEY HATE HIM! lol.

So, my thing is, they kind of have a place no matter what. The people that are really going to be effected by most, don't give a flip if the make up is hot or not. They usually curl up into someone's shoulder and say "GTF away from me" lol.

I think Allen's right. Acting is probably the best. I went to a haunt in missourri one time, some small town haunt, you know, black plastic, the whole 9 yards. Well, the zombie room was TIGHT! I mean, I don't know if they did it on purpose, but when 2 or 3 zombies came from the shadows, there was little light holes in the roof / plastic above that had light shining through them. The zombies walked right through the light, then back out, a few times each. I mean, it was perfect. You could barely see them, then BOOM, light lit up the faces. They had decent make up, for the lighting and the movement was nice. slow and drunk, almost no sounds from them. I think i heard one moan and that was it. The rest was the shuffling of the feet.

The little hottie behind me? Yeah, she was so scared, she didn't let go of me until after we were out, and was still holding onto me. Her boyfriend? He was hanging onto his brother haha. That was a great night. When I got home, I had scratches on my belly and sides from where she was grabbing me and my shirt was gapped. She'd pulled my shirt out, stretched it and she tried hanging onto my pants top...I guess because they didn't move a whole lot lol.

Comment

Let's see what these masters have to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
        My wife is terrified of zombies. I think zombies have that effect on a lot of people, just like clowns. Remember those folks? It doesn't make a FLYING FORTICATION WTF HE'S DOING, HE'S THERE AND THEY HATE HIM! lol.

So, my thing is, they kind of have a place no matter what. The people that are really going to be effected by most, don't give a flip if the make up is hot or not. They usually curl up into someone's shoulder and say "GTF away from me" lol.

I think Allen's right. Acting is probably the best. I went to a haunt in missourri one time, some small town haunt, you know, black plastic, the whole 9 yards. Well, the zombie room was TIGHT! I mean, I don't know if they did it on purpose, but when 2 or 3 zombies came from the shadows, there was little light holes in the roof / plastic above that had light shining through them. The zombies walked right through the light, then back out, a few times each. I mean, it was perfect. You could barely see them, then BOOM, light lit up the faces. They had decent make up, for the lighting and the movement was nice. slow and drunk, almost no sounds from them. I think i heard one moan and that was it. The rest was the shuffling of the feet.

The little hottie behind me? Yeah, she was so scared, she didn't let go of me until after we were out, and was still holding onto me. Her boyfriend? He was hanging onto his brother haha. That was a great night. When I got home, I had scratches on my belly and sides from where she was grabbing me and my shirt was gapped. She'd pulled my shirt out, stretched it and she tried hanging onto my pants top...I guess because they didn't move a whole lot lol.
        Nice! Unknown women grabbing you in the dark!
        Scaring the yell out of them
        Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Comment

Born with It

I just ran an all zombie haunted trail for four weekends. We always had about 40 zombies across 1/2 mile of trail. All slow like classic Romero. Not scary? Don't tell that to all the people screaming and wetting themselves. Ok, so you're right... I'm sure zombies aren't the scariest monster. But they can be VERY creepy. Sometimes creepy is all you need for fans hungering for the horror genre.

What made our best zombies? Costume? Acting skills? Hiding spots? Make up? I'd say none of that alone from what I witnessed in my actors. Our best boiled down to one thing: X-factor. They simply were born with "it" whatever "it" is. We were blessed to have a repeat extra from an ultra-popular zombie TV show which I won't name. He wasn't really an actor. He had no training or experience. He really didn't even need a costume or make-up. He turned on his zombie and woo momma was he instantly creepy - like stay-away-from-me-dude creepy. He just had it. Some of the others did too although not as much as him. It was just build into their natural features, posture, eyes and body energy. I don't think the best zombie is something you can build or train. Which is not to say you CAN'T practice or costume your way to a good zombie. But I'm sure you can develop an eye for spotting it in others... maybe before they even know they have it.

God I love talking about zombies. What the hell is wrong with me? lol

Comment

Mr foos- It is acting skill. You call it X factor-but it boils down to knowing how to move- that is acting. will a differently shaped person need to move in a different way to be scary- absolutely. It is acting skill and it can be trained, refined, and honed. A good acting coach or teacher could make your best zombies better and your bad zombies passable.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I think a lot of movie cast directors would disagree. If it was that easy, then more Hollywood actors would just be scooped off the street as nobodies and trained to greatness. Again, not saying you can't teach it... but some people are clearly born with Xfactor you just cant teach. You can only train to move your body to move so much. You can only augment with make up and costume so much (assuming you have a budget). I saw some untrained zombies give a performance that i have never seen in any zombie movie from professional actors.

Comment

Working...
              X