No announcement yet.

It's Eating Me Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SteamPunk, rock on Kel! You can get very creative with a steampunk set, we may have to do a road trip and come see your haunt this year.
    Originally posted by Raycliff Manor View Post
    Thanks for the kind words of support! Here's the basic storyline we've come up with. I may edit/modify it a bit before the website updates are finalized:

"Something strange has been taking place in the old Raycliff Manor Carriage House. Strange sounds have been heard and unusual flashes of light have been appearing in the normally darkened windows. There's a feeling of electricity in the air and steam appears to be rising from the top of the Raycliff Carriage House!

In the Raycliff Carriage House, Professor Walter Widget has stumbled upon some old equipment, not just any equipment, but that used by Dr. Raycliff himself in his experiments to extract fears from those unfortunate enough to be submitted to his treatments. Now the professor has figured out how to re-ignite the old steam driven machinery and a strange obsession has overtaken him. All he needs are willing subjects. Are you willing? Come and encounter the disorienting and mind bending experience the victims of Raycliff Manor faced when suffering the extraction of their fears. You may also be confronted with your fears as you brave the many twists and turns inside the Raycliff CARRIAGE HOUSE!"

We're planning to have the "Professor" character in the intro room surrounded by a steampunk set. Once he does an introduction, he'll introduce the guests into the experience! The contents of the rooms/halls in the attraction are still under development. There is going to be a LOT of changes/enhancements to Raycliff Manor and then the addition of the "Carriage House" attraction. We are busy and enjoying it!

Kel
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I love steam punk !!

I have a artist I have been working on from the Ukraine he kicks ass at Steam Punk stuff. I have been trying to carry his stuff for sometime since the U.S. has nothing like it.... Of course there is the language barrier that makes it pretty hard to make business deals.... I would love to bring some of his work to you guys, this makes me want to keep trying.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
      www.maliciousstudios.com
      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Well, after a week of enduring record breaking heat, Kip and his brother Tyler have come and gone. Lee and I still need to put some finishing touches and scene details on Raycliff Manor, but Kip has done an AMAZING job! He had something like 13 projects he was working on for us and he's coming back later this summer to do one more in Raycliff Manor. Then he's doing work for us in the new attraction!

Some of these will make much more sense when you see the completed pictures. For example, the Isolation Room is a door with a small window in it. You look in the window as you trigger the straight jacket guy who slams into the window. The sound effects are awesome too!

Here are a few pix that were taken during the construction. Again, these do not represent the finished product by any means! I plan to take some photos and some short video clips of these and a number of the other scenes to share once we've added the final touches.

Hall of Doors in progress:

More pictures will be posted in replies in a minute to comply with the maximum 4 pictures per post rule...

Thanks for looking!

Kel
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

New Character and Sound added to Boiler:

sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Opening/Drop Panle Sideboard:

sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Isolation Room:

sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Very nice! An intense actor will really make that room, very cool! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kelly,

Thanks for the kind words about our work. We are very happy that you're pleased and we look forward to doing more work with you in the future. Thanks.
                  Kip Polley
                  www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                  We Engineer Fear

Comment

Kel,

The pictures look great! Keep us posted on the progress!

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks again Kip. We got home last night from the haunt at about 11:30. I spent the whole day paiting. I'm getting ready to get back on the road and go do it again. I'm painting the Hall of Doors. I'll try and get some more progress pix today if I can. The Hall of Doors is going to make much more sense when it's finished. I still plan to try and capture some video footage of some of the scenes in action too. I can't believe how sore I am today... and we haven't even started the build out of our second attraction yet! I keep telling myself it'll all come together; it always does.

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                      X