Need some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some ideas

I need some help with the finale for our barn. Our attraction is all farm themed and we have one large room in the center of the barn that is will be used for the finale but I am drawing a blank as to what to do in there. I was thinking about a farmer cutting someone's head off with a sickle. Send me your thoughts

hmmm.......
    Many haunts end with a chainsaw....to many. so thinking along those lines though and along your theme....
    1. A scene where the deranged farmer puts people into a bailer and makes them into hay bails square corpses wired like hay bails?
    2. A wood chipper scene? he is feeding parts into the woodchipper and then turns on the group?
    3. The hog pen- (Ok this will sound odd but will be scary) Two fat men (or more) wearing only diapers and pig masks calling sueey! charging the group with lines like "Its Bacon!!!" Use actor power to get them running out of the doors.
    4. Perhaps a stilt monster for the end, Pumpkinhead, a werewolf, a scarecrow, or a half cyborg/half tractor robot monster.
    5. a sparkwand attached to the cycle you mentioned as the farmer attacks the group could be cool
    6. FrankenCow- yup a farm version of Frankenstien's lab but with a monster man cow on the table, of course he gets up and attacks the group

Thats all that immediately pop into my mind hopefully you will get more from a few others.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Snakes In The Hay!

One of every farm kid's fears. Playing in tunnels through the hay and come face-to-face with a big snake!
      I would suggest allowing their imaginations to work by mere suggestion and having some hay seeming to move from some under-hay influence.
      Or maybe a very real actor running holding their ankle with fang marks dripping some blood, "No! nothing happened, nothing bit me, I hope that you all had a real good time here, ouch this hurts! Dam snake!" then the hay moves, the lights go out, the outside exit dooe opens with a light outside to draw them out?
      And the hidden air hose built into the door frame "Hisses". (Motion switch)
      Of course like every scary thing, you run the risk of completely scaring them away.
      "Away" as in "Never, ever returning."
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

great ideas

keep them coming! Oh I feel the creative juices flowing again!

Comment

sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

farm haunt idea

As the guests are weighting in the darkness, some lighting starts flashing from behind a wall built from hay bales. An audio repeater then triggers on and plays the sound of an engine revving. Then as some lighting comes on pointed directly at the wall, (drawing your guests attention to the wall), a tractor from hell comes blasting through the wall of hay bales. Bodies attatched to the front of the tractor.

Just an innitial thought-

Kelly Anderson
            HauntYourHouse.NET
            Kelly Anderson
            Owner- Halloween Undercroft
            http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
            Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

We have the sickle with sparks at another place in the barn. And for that we don't even need the spark generator as the sickle hitting concrete does the job.

I like the tractor thing and would like to use that on the hayride but how would I set that up each time?

Comment

As far as the tractor coming through the hay bales...........

For one, the hay bales wouldn't actually have to be a full size hay bale. It could be rectangle pieces of plywood covered with hay. Each piece could be fastened together in such a way that would allow them to callapse as the tracter comes through...

The hay bale sections could also be fastend together in such a way that the wall opened like a double hung door...

Or you could drop the idea of hay bales and just use a wooden wall that came open as the tractor roared through.

One thing to remember is that your wall coming down or swinging open wont have to look totally realistic if you only light the scene before the wall opens and after it is down and the tractor is right there. Then your guests will never see a fake wall of hay falling down. If this scare is to be totally automated, you can set up a timer or series of timers ( I use Animation Maestros I & II) to control your lighting to be on and off at the appropriate times. You'll have to synchronize your lighting to the motion of your tractor.

Just be creative. Theres a way to do everything. Just make sure you got a concrete plan of what your going to do and what you need before you get started.

Kelly Anderson
                HauntYourHouse.NET
                Kelly Anderson
                Owner- Halloween Undercroft
                http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
                Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

If I had an old barn I would have to do something like in Friday 13th Part 5. When the customers enter the last room have a body prop drop from the ceiling hanging above them. The person that drops them comes out and says I finally killed him. And then have them pick up a hockey mask behind a haybale and say. Why heres his mask even. Then have them put it on and become crazy with an evil laugh pick up a axe or machette or a chainsaw and say "DIE!" Chasing them out of the last room.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

P.T.O.s

Power Take Offs yank off many farmer's arms, hands and more if it catches your pants and rolls everything up quickly.
                    Farming is a dangerous profession.
                    Tractor accidents and reaching into a plugged corn picker do very bad things to flesh and bone.
                    One elderly farmer was talking to his Grandson as he was pitching stuff into a machine, he was wearing a brand new bluejean work jacket, a breeze blew a corner of it into the grip of the machine and 2 seconds later what had just been his Grandfather was chewed up and spit out the other end of the machine.
                    Closed coffin funeral.
                    This was why the young man telling me this decided NOT to be a farmer.
                    So there is some horrific inspiration for you, if you needed any?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

EWWWWHHH! That was a really gross mental image there Jim! Oh that had to be horrible and horrible to see! Thats why they say never wear long sleeves!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                      X