Online Ticketing Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Ticketing Recommendations

I've used ClicknPrint (Extremetix) ticketing for a number of years now and I really have no reason to change. As an act of good measure though, I always try to perform due diligence in researching my options to make sure I'm using the best service for our business. Does anyone have any recommendations for online ticketing? If you feel like sharing as to why you would refer a company, please feel free to do so as well. Thanks in advance for your input and recommendations!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Kel, we use click n print at well.I am eager to read the opinions of others on this post also. The diffrences between companies and how others work makes me curious.
    Bro
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Interactive Ticketing, hands down. Call Dan Voelker.

Chris
      Chris Stafford
      1331 Entertainment Group
      Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
      13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
      13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

After reading the interview with Interactive Ticketing in the Spring 09' issue of 13th Hour, they seem to be badass. They also have addressed a lot of the issues I personally have with Scream Pass.

I have no ties to them at all, but if you're in the market for online ticketing, I would definitely check them out. If you have the latest issue of 13th Hour, read the interview.
        -Brandon Kelm
        Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

So what are the good points about interactive that set them apart? I have one more year with Click n Print but want to be prepared for the future.
          Greg Allen
          scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out Interactive and compare. I'll report back once I've had a chance to really investigate. Thanks again!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback both on the forum and in email! We've found that, although there are companies who can offer what we've been provided by ClickNPrint (Extremetix) and who can match the pricing, there isn't a good reason to change. We've been very happy with ClickNPrinr and we really felt we needed to exercise due diligence in making sure we were still using the company that best suits our needs. I'm also frequesntly asked about who we use for online ticketing and I wanted to make sure I still was providing a sound referral. Like I already said, we've found no good reason to change companies. A number of you contacted me with very passionate positive referrals and testimonials. I appreciate it!

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

2 Things set them apart:

Price

Service

Now don't get me wrong, I have not used Click N Print, however, I did compare them to Ticketweb/Screampass (who we used prior), Interactive is much less, and their service is great.

Kel, price does not always dictate decision, so I can understand if you don't feel a need to change. But as of right now, for those who are considering options, IT is the way to go in my opinion.

Chris
                Chris Stafford
                1331 Entertainment Group
                Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

I've received a number of emails regarding this thread so I'm posting a final follow-up. Every haunt has different scenarios to consider and there are important questions to ask when you are talking to companies regarding your online ticketing. A company that may be great for one attraction, may not be ideal for another. Some things to consider are the following:

*What percentage of your tickets are purchased online and will this satisfy a minimum requirement by the company quoting you?

*What is the cost per ticket sold online and can this cost be shared, or passed on to, the purchaser in convenience fees?

*Will you need Internet access at your location for the system?

*Will equipment be required (scanning or POS equipment) and is there a fee for use of the equipment? Sometimes the fees can be waived if you meet a sales minimum)

*Is there a redundancy check in place to prevent copied tickets from being redeemed?

*Can the company provide online surveys and/or other "opt out" data collection abilities and provide you with the data for your own use?

*Does the company offer any "opt out" newsletter or email blast services to send specials and other announcements to your online ticket purchasers?

*Does the company offer ticket customization and the ability to add sponsor logos or coupons to tickets printed by the online purchaser?

*Does the company offer a toll-free Customer Service line for people having issues with their online purchase?

*Does the company provide a system for accessing reports to track your sales performance by dates, ticket types, etc.?

*Is there a monthly fee for the service, in addition to the equipment , per ticket costs and credit card fees?

*What are the credit card fees associated with each ticket sale?

*What is the Customer Service quality and response time that is provided by the company to you as the client?

I may be forgetting something, so please anyone that thinks of anything else, post it for consideration as well. I hope this helps everyone in their search for the best Online Ticket company to satisfy your specific and unique needs.

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Take Control of your Ticketing!

Hi Haunters,

I have used several 3rd party solutions, all good expect one. I want get into names, but you can guess by the amount of customers they have now!

If you are serious about haunting and plan on doing this for a long time, then you should consider owning your own online/box office ticketing solution. There are many POS, point of sale solutions on the market. However, we have a great company that is one of our own Clear Cut Operations, that also owns a haunt and a Christmas event.

I have purchased the complete system to handle our onsite and online ticketing needs. This system will also handle our gift shops, concessions all in one solution. When you own the online solutions you make 100% of the service fee / will call fees. If you are selling upwards of 2,000 tickets online it pays for itself in year one.

Do the math, if you plan on being a haunter for a long time you know online ticketing is going to grow each year. This becomes a serious revenue stream quickly and why would you not want that to be streaming to your bank account instead of a 3rd party. I predict I will sell upwards of 10,000 tickets online, I make $2.00 per ticket, $1.00 per order and $1.00 for will call in added fees. The decision is an easy one to make for me.

Now, let me just say Interactive and Click and Print rock, I have used them both. If you like the hands off approach go with one of them. The support is awesome and they are good guys that do what the say.
                    Last edited by twohlgemuth; 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM.
                    Tony Wohlgemuth,
                    Comes up with the fun stuff!
                    Kersey Valley, Inc.
                    www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Update!!! Update!!!

OK,

So we're going through the process of setting up our ticketing now and all I can say is WOW! Interactive Ticketing has everything so simple and they literally walk you through the processes over the phone!

Kel, to answer 'some' of those questions:

*What is the cost per ticket sold online and can this cost be shared, or passed on to, the purchaser in convenience fees?

I believe it's .75 cents per ticket, this can passed on to the customer via a convenience fee. My logic, people who will buy your tickets online, have bought several tickets to events online before, and probably through TicketMaster... they will understand the fee and actually be happy! Why? Because it'll be the cheapest ticket fee they've seen!

*Will you need Internet access at your location for the system?

Yes.

*Will equipment be required (scanning or POS equipment) and is there a fee for use of the equipment? Sometimes the fees can be waived if you meet a sales minimum)

You will need a USB powered scanner. It's only $200 and it's your forever.

*Is there a redundancy check in place to prevent copied tickets from being redeemed?

YES!!!

*Can the company provide online surveys and/or other "opt out" data collection abilities and provide you with the data for your own use?

Yes, and not only that but you can create/send email newsletters... integrate google maps right on your ticket... and ALOT more!

*Does the company offer any "opt out" newsletter or email blast services to send specials and other announcements to your online ticket purchasers?

Yes.

*Does the company offer ticket customization and the ability to add sponsor logos or coupons to tickets printed by the online purchaser?

Yes.

*Does the company offer a toll-free Customer Service line for people having issues with their online purchase?

I think so, but you might want to check with the provider first!

*Does the company provide a system for accessing reports to track your sales performance by dates, ticket types, etc.?

Yes, and it's extremely easy to access and use. You also get DAILY reports on sales, etc. You can also edit/change the frequency of these reports!

*Is there a monthly fee for the service, in addition to the equipment , per ticket costs and credit card fees?

They have a monthly server fee, but for haunters it's a one time fee! YAY! Credit card fee's would be through your Authorize.net account, not the ticketing agency.

*What is the Customer Service quality and response time that is provided by the company to you as the client?

Awesome. They answer questions fully and quickly and also help you through the set-up proccess, literally walking you through it over the phone!

Hope this helps! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks Tyler. I wasn't asking for the answers to these questions here. LOL I've already asked these questions of all the ticketing companies I talked to. I was providing the questions to help others in their quest to find the service that best suits their needs. Thanks though!

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                        X