HOme Haunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOme Haunting

I Have been Decorating my Front Yard For a long time. I have collected many tombstones over the years. A Few Creatures too. I use old horror movie themes and a little mood music. It seems to work for the four weeks the decorations are out in the front yard. My house is pretty known for halloween around my neighborhood. I was wondering What everyone Else Does with there yards for halloween? Another one is do you think that old fashioned decorating for halloween in your front yard doesn't get as much attention as it should? What is a new item or decoration that I could add to my yard to spice it up?
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

You'll find that many home haunters do haunted houses or walkthroughs, as do I. Search: home haunt walkthrough on youtube and it will yield a great wealth of videos from haunts all over the country.
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinGIRL View Post
      I Have been Decorating my Front Yard For a long time. I have collected many tombstones over the years. A Few Creatures too. I use old horror movie themes and a little mood music. It seems to work for the four weeks the decorations are out in the front yard. My house is pretty known for halloween around my neighborhood. I was wondering What everyone Else Does with there yards for halloween? Another one is do you think that old fashioned decorating for halloween in your front yard doesn't get as much attention as it should? What is a new item or decoration that I could add to my yard to spice it up?
      Those synchronized lighting systems (like the ones you see making Christmas lights dance to music) are starting to gain some popularity in home haunts.

Comment

You know Spirits Halloween Superstores gets bigger and bigger into big props every single year. I have bought several over the years for myself such as Jason...he scares the trick or treaters pretty good.

I took my kids TOT and left a massive bowl of candy on the porch and when I came back it was still FULL TO THE TOP!

LOL

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

What do you mean old time Halloween decorating exactly? Do you have any pics of your yard you can post to maybe give us an idea of what your doing. And then maybe we can better add suggestions. When you say old time all Im picturing is a few jackolanterns sitting on a hay bale and maybe some corn fodder behind it. That is alot of peoples idea of decorating for Halloween. LOL!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

What do you mean old time Halloween decorating exactly? Do you have any pics of your yard you can post to maybe give us an idea of what your doing. And then maybe we can better add suggestions. When you say old time all Im picturing is a few jackolanterns sitting on a hay bale and maybe some corn fodder behind it. That is alot of peoples idea of decorating for Halloween. LOL!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

HOme Haunting

WoW This board as been popular since I haven't been on hauntworld in so long, Old Fashioned Halloween decorating I mean to make the props yourself and to put together your own music cd for the front yard. Basically Making everything from scractch. No ordering online from the halloween stores. My Front yard changes alot because we make everything from scractch. We come up with an idea and do it. This Year I think were doing a few new bodies to position and pose. Hopefully A scene for the haunt too.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

sad to say my home is the most unhaunted in my neighborhood. It all gos into the haunts. we do however have a few decorations i put out inside such as the lemax halloween town. I cant get too much lemax
                I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Yeah try to buy as few props as possible, All ya need is some paper mache and you have some good corpses. be creative! Me and my crew built a full cemetey fence out of PvC and 2x4's! It costed extremely cheap!
                  Matthew Colton
                  Frightworld America's Screampark
                  http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Home haunting

Thanks FOr all The advice Everyone, It all boils down to creativity and thanks for getting my Brain to get the creative juices flowing.

What Is Your Favorite Yard Haunt To Make?
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My home haunt is a walk-thru haunt. Most of my work is inside the haunt,we usually have 12-15 rooms.There is no theme,whatever me and my boys can think up and can afford, we do it.
                      For the outside we keep it less scary for the tot's so they will at least come up to get the candy. Graveyard fence,thunder and lightning,a mixture of home made and store bought..usually fun music outside(monster mash-thriller-this is halloween.
                      My town loves it. I'm just afraid of what would happen if we didn't put on the haunt one year..lol Dan

Comment

Be sure you check to see how your home haunt looks from the OUTSIDE. One year I dressed up as Jason Vorhees, and stood in front a second story window, with a flashlight lighting my face. I would look down on and menace the trick-or-treaters as they approached the porch. After a few hours, I was disappointed by the fact that not a single kid seemed to be scared. I went downstairs and outside... It turned out that because of the glass, lighting, and the viewing angle from the front yard, nobody could actually see me standing in that window! ops:

Comment

Working...
                        X