Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you buy a featured banner... CHECK THIS OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you buy a featured banner... CHECK THIS OUT!

Hey did you buy a featured banner? If you did you can emal Patti or Erin your MPS files for say your commercial or info about your haunt and we can upload them into your banner.

Go to the Missouri page of Hauntworld and scroll your mouse over Darkness or Creepyworld banners and you'll hear audio files turn on over your profile.

Cool huh!

We are going nuts over here fixing Hauntworld, updating Hauntworld and making everythig 110% for the 2009 season.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Sounds good... what is MPS?

Also, the rollover pic for the Darkness is WAY too big... you can't even see the whole thing, so, that might need fixing or I wouldn't suggest using that feature!

Good stuff though. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Whoops... I meant MP3 files. If you send them we can attach them to your banner. If your mouse over the banner your audio will come on? Cool huh???

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Also wanted to let everyone know that we added another box so you could include a link to your twitter page. Log into your account and update!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the listings is if you bought a featured listing when you click on your listing someone elses banner is the very first thing you see. No one's banner should be displayed on your paid for listing especially at the very top of your listing. I thought the point of buying these was to advertise your haunt not someone else's haunt.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Also the leaderboards could confuse people. Unless someone really knows they will assume that Fearfest is part of Scarefest or vice versa, there is no separation one bleeds into the next....

Also, having the featured banner play MP3 is cool, but if someone was to go to your banner they would most likely just click on it immediately and not even notice the spot playing right?

It is a cool feature though!
            Allan

Comment

Hey I'm not adverse to hearing all these comments I'm wide open. Lets here more...

However let me tell you this much, there are things in the site that are wrong and they are being fixed. Such as the Darkness header on so many profiles. It was put there as as a default to make sure it worked. We know it needs to be removed it well it wouldn't. Its being fixed.

Other things like the default Scarefest leaderboard even on the front pages...it was placed there by Brainstorm when they made the artwork so show where it goes. It was programed in as a default so something would be there then when we wanted to get rid of it it wouldn't go... it had to be fixed.

I think those couple things did get fixed. The new times and dates program didn't work right at first now it does...its a process to fix all this stuff and it takes time.

Either way tell me what else you don't like or what you think needs to change or what doesn't work or whatever.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

So does that mean there will not be someone else's banner featured first on other haunts featured listings? I just don't think it makes sense to have someone else's haunt featured front and center on someone else's paid listing. I couldn't quite tell if this is what you were talking about getting fixed.
                Jared Layman

Comment

There must be a basement under the Darkness that is full of servers to run this website.lol.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                    So does that mean there will not be someone else's banner featured first on other haunts featured listings? I just don't think it makes sense to have someone else's haunt featured front and center on someone else's paid listing. I couldn't quite tell if this is what you were talking about getting fixed.
                    Yes? No? Maybe?
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                      Yes? No? Maybe?
                      Well Jared The Realm of darkness banner is still there, BIG BOLD and front center!
                      ~Bill Mlinac
                      The Deadland Haunted House
                      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

One of the GREATEST benefits of the Leaderboard Ads purchased is this...It will stay with the haunt shopper on EVERY page of the state, even inside haunt listings. So YES that ad is supposed to be there. However, right now there are 2 Leaderboard sized ads inside many of the listings, one being a Darkness ad. That ad is not supposed to be there. We tried to delete/deactivate it. But apparently it took on a mind of it's own. So it continues to be there, HAUNTING US, until we can determine how to fix the problem. (And by "we" I mean our web person...Certainly not me.)
                        Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                        www.HauntWorld.com
                        www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                        www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                        It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

As I stated before... the Scarefest leaderboard was created by Brainstorm as a placement leaderboard. When the system was made to handle these leaderboards the Scarefest was used as default leaderboard so something was there until everyone bought them.

I even recently had four leaderboard ads made for HW, supplies, magazine, and our pumpkin patch site and they won't upload over that scarefest. It is being fixed and the scarefest will be gone.

THAT ISN'T EVEN MY SCAREFEST LEADERBOARD... lol. I had a real one made that isn't even mine! So its being fixed.

I'm hoping by Monday it will be... I will also tell you I've taken some extreme measure to increase traffic for 2009 for all my sites. Can't say much right now but I'm hoping to double my traffic for 2009.

I'm working on your behalf you can take that to the bank!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Ludwinski View Post
                            One of the GREATEST benefits of the Leaderboard Ads purchased is this...It will stay with the haunt shopper on EVERY page of the state, even inside haunt listings. So YES that ad is supposed to be there. However, right now there are 2 Leaderboard sized ads inside many of the listings, one being a Darkness ad. That ad is not supposed to be there. We tried to delete/deactivate it. But apparently it took on a mind of it's own. So it continues to be there, HAUNTING US, until we can determine how to fix the problem. (And by "we" I mean our web person...Certainly not me.)
                            That is the problem not the benefit. What is the point of paying for a featured listing when the first thing you see is someone else's listing on your page. I understand the darkness is a placement banner that is going away the problem is the other banner. That is like giving the first 15 seconds of your radio commercial to someone else's haunt before your information is available. I would like my featured listing to have nothing but my information on it, or have the leaderboard on the bottom of the listing so it is seen after my information is seen. So basically I have paid for a listing that someone could go to and see the leaderboard banner and click on that before even looking at what I have listed.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                            X