Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castle Dracula for sale Only 78 million!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle Dracula for sale Only 78 million!

Family Wants $78 Million for Dracula Castle
    By ALISON MUTLER
    AP
    BUCHAREST, Romania (Jan. 10) - The Habsburg family said Wednesday that it wanted to sell a Transylvanian castle famous for its connections to the 15th century medieval ruler who inspired "Dracula" for 60 million euros, or $78 million, to the local authorities, an attorney said.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...10114109990001
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

How much to lease it for Oct? :lol:
    Heartstoppers
    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

THat would make one sweet haunt.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

400,000 visitors X $15 = $6,000,000 ...... OMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spookologist
          400,000 visitors X $15 = $6,000,000 ...... OMG!!!!
          So, you'd only have to have 5,200,000 customers go through at that price to cover the asking price for the place? :shock:
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

The stone steps would get wore down if they all showed up in one season.
            There might be some difficulty building those second, third and fourth haunts next to it to make it a Haunted Theme park, draging in all that stone and slave labor to build them to fit the style of the pre-existing structure, I mean, nobody would want to set up tents or osb next to a real castle owned by Dracula, now would they?
            200 years from now "Dracula's" legend might have him being a used car salesman, in which case a small building on a vacant lot as his abode would become accurate to the story and osb and tents would fit right in and scare alot of people!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So a much better location would be the 3 pyramids of Giza and the Spinx as an up charge attraction. A Haunted Themepark that has stood the test of time. Much thicker rocks.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Minimal bulldozer work could dull the pyramid's point making a helio landing pad for the VIP pass ticket holders to land their copters on, this would enhance the experience for them.
                Then when they think the show has concluded, David Copperfield could step up and make the whole pyramid take off straight up ALA "Stargete", it would take a very expensive black velvet curtain to effect this though.
                Jim & Gregg Investments & Promotions is accepting checks as we speak, share the wealth!
                The Ultimate Pyramid Scheme!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

78 Million to buy? Would they consider a “rent-to-own” arrangement? LOL. Surely the owners of Castle Bran (the real name of the castle) adorned the property with the moniker “Dracula’s Castle” for a reason, and why not. The castle did have SOME connection to the famous bloodthirsty ruler, even if he himself didn’t really own it. Built in the late 1300’s, this structure is an important piece of history regardless of what the connection is.

I was fortunate enough to be able to take a guided tour of Romania/Transylvania last year and this castle was one of the important, not to mention most memorable stops. My experience of touring the castle was priceless, in my personal opinion. For a structure that was over 600 years old, I was very surprised at how solid and structurally sound it was. It is a piece of history and how can you put a price on that? I guess that very sentiment is what they are counting on, when asking potential buyers for $78 million. =)
                  Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                  Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Is there any paranormal activity in it, to anyones knowledge?

Actually that gives me an idea for a whole new question to post.
                    - - Luke - -

Comment

Adam wrote:
                      I was fortunate enough to be able to take a guided tour of Romania/Transylvania last year
                      Adam, that's awesome! :shock: I'm going to have to add that to my "must do before I die" list! What a great experience that must have been!

Kel
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Drac's Castle? Adam didn't fess-up, he just went there cruising for chicks!
                        (I saw the pictures he took, not too bad)
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X