Top 13 Best Haunts 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 13 Best Haunts 2009

Who would you nominate for this list and how do you propose to determine this? Last year I did it off a vote from youtube videos?

Time is running out because I'm going to publish a magazine in July.

This list will be printed in that magazine!

If you are going to say it should be XYZ haunt okay... WHY????

I wanted to say that though doing these lists I've found or discovered many new amazing haunts I've never heard of such as Haunted Overlaod, Scarehouse, House of Tourment, 13th Gates... there are many great haunts out there yet to be discovered.

Keep in mind we had the list include or will include: Best Hayrides, Best Corn Mazes, Best Pumpkin Patch Event, Biggest Screamparks, Home Haunts, Theme Parks and Haunted Houses.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Nomination

I would nominate "Dead Acres" Pataskala Ohio

my reasons are

They are the most extreme

Nearly everything else pales by comparison.

It doesn't get much better than this!

LENGTHLY - good value !

ACTORS - Aggressively intense from start to finish !

SCARINESS - You'll fear for your life! Numerous distractions provided by a boat load of animated props are perfectly capitalized upon by the energetic cast. Very little in the form traditionally spooky music, but the soundtrack is designed to compliment the intense nature of the haunt, which it dramatically accomplishes.

PROPS - Jammed with an overwhelming number of animated scares!

SIMPLY THE BEST EXTREME HAUNT WE HAVE EVER HEARD OF !
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Ghostly Manor in Sandusky Ohio!!!
      Best pro haunt.

it flies under the radar, but ive been to soo many haunts and this one is just amazing every time.
      They have to have close to a million dollar into that place.
      Everything is so perfectly automated and timed, it is just the more intense experience i have ever encountered.
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I would just start a thread like this, for nominations... maybe even ask for email nominations. Based off that, I would compile a list of 26 haunts (because it will be cut in half for the 13) and then ask people to vote for the FINAL 13 haunts of the nominated 26... that's how I would do it. -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I think for the top 13 you should just include all the types of haunts.
          Not just pro, that cuts out screamparks, home haunts, hayrides, ect.
          It people think its the best, and it happens to fall into another category, then they cant get the top 13 status.
          =( unfair.

Also thats how all other ranking systems work.

DO IT LARRY! hahaha
          It would be the smart move, and it would get you more hits, cause it would be more competative.
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

HoT - House of Torment.

Several reasons.

They have very creative characters.
            Very talented actors.
            And very unique ways to get scares. The Ziplines and hiring people who know par kour and things like that.
            They also have a control center to activate props to get the best scares.
            Always been a fan of this haunt.

Plus i have a man crush on that Mr. Creep guy. Or whoever. :P

Comment

Bates Motel

Nuff said.... Probably the best hayride anywhere, extreme corn maze, incredible haunted house... DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL..... Philly area should be proud.. Randy, you rock !!!!! Can't wait to see this years' show. Chuck

Comment

My vote...

Frightworld in Buffalo, New York.

Why...

-5 HUGE haunts at one, indoor location.
                -Haunts are nothing but detail, put ALOT of single haunts to shame.
                -Awesome and high-tech, 2-story waterfall
                -Amazing and truely insane actors!
                -Ron and Jay are nothing but professionals, best in this industry!!!

-Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Top 13 Haunts

I vote for Fright Kingdom and Haunted Overload...two really great haunts that know how to work together!

Fright Kingdom has hundreds of live Tarantulas and Huge snakes.

Haunted Overload has the largest outdoor props of any haunt I have ever seen.

Fright Kingdom is an all indoor multi attraction event that fills the brand new 50,000+ sq ft space and over 100 animatronics.

Haunted Overload has one of the best outdoor locations ever being located on a huge creepy sprawling farm.

Fright Kingdom has big name horror movie stars onsite every year, past guests include Tony Moran (Micheal Myers Halloween #1), Jason and Grant (TAPS ghost hunters from Sci Fi channel) Tony Todd (Candy Man) Daige Fearch (Young Micheal Myers from Rob Zombies Halloween) Kane Hodder (Jason in many Fri the 13th movies) Butch Patrich (Eddie Munster) George Wilber (Micheal Myers Halloween #4)
                  and many more.

Haunted Overload has the most creative props you will ever see...( I have seen REAL chicken feet hanging about for example)

Fright Kingdom and Haunted Overload...no filler just HARDCORE Haunted Attractions.
                  Last edited by Hauntsberg; 05-20-2009, 10:49 PM. Reason: Added more info.

Comment

I think that Nightmare New England should be nominated. I've been going to alot of haunts throughout the years and none of them in New England compare to nightmare new england. Its kinda awesome how amazing they were in their first year. I can't wait to see whats up their sleeves for next year. I was just on their myspace also... which says that Nightmare New England and Spookyworld are joining forces. Which almost made me crap my pants in excitement! So nominate NIGHTMARE NEW ENGLAND!

Comment

Fright Kingdom

Lot's of reasons!

Size - It's HUGE.
                      Actors - Devoted and talented
                      Lots of stuff to look at. Endless Eye candy.
                      Gorgeous scenery.
                      VERY SCARY!
                      Constant improvement.

Nuff said.

James Lurgio
                      Nightmare Productions
                      www.nightmaregallery.com

Comment

here's my opinion, you guys probably don't really care though. I believe the 13 best haunted house should not change as much as they have each year. They should stay relatively the same. Haunted houses do not seem to change in there quality enough to keep surpassing each other year to year. Maybe one or two change places, due to major renovations and or quality control. I also believe in the past the voting seems rather off, Larry should just pick them. Or a new way of voting should be initiated. Haunted house Association members should probably be the only ones able to vote. Since now they are taking more control over this industry they should be able to pick the haunted houses that represent them as a whole. For the person who said "home haunts and all should be on the list" I say no! We need to pick ones that can represent this haunt industry, we want quality Events!! Ones that will attract more business for us haunt owners. Having the few best represent us will bring more money even for the ones not representing even if its not that much. When we pick haunts that represent us, and if there on T.V or not, when people see them they get all enthused about haunted houses, when this happens they start checking them out even if it wasn't the one they heard of or saw on T.V. This works out just fine I believe.

YES Haunted House Association members should be the only ones able to vote, One Vote per haunted house I believe though, Two owners too bad, share it!
                        Maybe if you want to put a twist on this have only the home haunts voting for the best Pro Haunt, and the Best pro haunts voting for the best home haunts. This may keep competition going between everyone. I don't know, its not my choice. It is up to you guys.

-Frank Balzer
                        Frank W. Balzer
                        FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
                        http://frankwillisbalzer.viewbook.com/
                        --------------------------------------------------
                        www.RotHauntedHouse.com
                        www.R-Fx.com

sigpic

Comment

Well, I will compile my list of the best haunts some other time, but right now I think Nick Francis of Hells Gate should be given some credit for organizing a haunt at such a young age (only 16). If there is a Home Haunt Category than Hells Gate deserves to be part of it. They should also be nominated for budget haunt artwork.
                          Spooky Wishes
                          Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

shameless plug

Since your looking for the Besthaunts seem a no brainer someone would want a domain web site to match, lol now to the point domain- www.besthaunts.com is for sell,, Fred McCoy 606-669-0312 Thanks
                            http://www.hustonville.com

Comment

Thank you Noah for the nomination!!.
                              I just wanted to point out that if there was a category for Charity Haunt, or emerging Pro Haunt, id like to be a part of all of them lol, but im assuming we can only be nominated for 1 category.
                              So Hells Gate is going for the Best Home Haunt Category!!!!
                              As we put on one of the best Home Haunts ive personally ever found last year!!

The last note, is that last year we got disqualified because larry said we needed a website to win.... WE HAVE A WEBSITE THIS YEAR LARRY!!! lol
                              www.hellsgatehaunt.com

Last edited by UnDeRTaKer313; 05-21-2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X