Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I am not going to be posting much anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are thinking of you and praying for you and your son. All the best wishes. May God bless you and your family.
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

We will pray for a cure or treatment, you can always check in here whenever you need a break, or a sympathetic ear, although possibly a "pointy" one. Life's hardest challenges are often dealt to those who can handle them best. Our love for our children outweighs all. You, and he, will prevail.

God Bless You and your Family

Tim
      Hauntus Emeritus
      Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
      Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I am passing them onto him and it seems to make a difference, but its hard to tell.

Comment

First Post

Dr. G - I'm brand new here; first post. I've been a forced lurker for more than two weeks as my username was in purgatory for a while.

I'm in pre-production for an attraction in the '10 season, which is how I found the forum. It's heartening to see such a positive community, gladly helping each other out, sharing experience, and treating people kindly.

Though I'm new I wanted to respond to your post.

My wife's an MD and I promoted psychotropics to MD's for many years. I just want to urge you to remember something that's easy to forget with this particular disease. Unlike an illness that produces a fever, or a cough, schizophrenia manifests in emotion and behavior and it's easy to forget it's a disease, very similar to a conventional illness. The symptoms that seem fantastic and unbelievable to us are absolutely real to the patient.

I know you won't forget this, but when others do, remember that it's ignorance that drives a lack of empathy, not malice. It won't be easy; it will test the bounds of family love, but you'll get through it, and your son can have a good life with help.

My prayers are with your son and your family.

Comment

We feel for you

I'm new too, but it sounds like everyone, including me, is here for you. I want you to be aware that sometimes it takes a while for doctors to find the correct meds for the condition you are describing (there are many different types), and then it is often difficult to get the patient to take the meds regularly because of the side effects. I'm only telling you this so that you will be aware ahead and will know that it may take some time and lots of patience.

We're all with you in this. As somebody said earlier, please feel free to vent anytime. Friends can help you through this. We wish you and your son only the best! I believe you'll both make it through this!

BarbieHaunt
            Friends Sold Separately
            (You Too Can Be Sold -
            Just Join Our Friends List!
            Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Working...
            X