Anyone got there TW stuff yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got there TW stuff yet?

Has anyone here received some of there ordered Transworld stuff yet?
    I'm still waiting.....
    I did get my small CFX order in last week, my gallon of blood that I bought had a crack so the inside of the box and those white peanut things was all sticky and bloody lol. No hard feelings tho, I didn't lose a lot of blood
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

We only got our:

-Hotwire order
    -Sinister Scrents order
    -A portion of our CFX order...

... THAT'S IT!!!!!!! We're still waiting on a TON of stuff, getting a little frustrated! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler,

Dont get too frustrated, depending on who you placed your orders with you'll be waiting for many more weeks!

Allan

Comment

Bill and Tyler,

It takes a forever to get your orders. Don't worry. The first time I placed orders I didn't understand why I didn't get anything until September but now I know so I don't worry about it until then. I am sure everything will arrive.
        Jared Layman

Comment

Lets hope... if stuff just starts getting here in September, we'll make sure to not order from those companies again! By September, I won't have time to take down some stuff to move in a big animatronic, etc. etc... I wonder if anybody thinks to build of a stock before TW! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Orders

Everyone that wanted their stench....or would take their stench early.....has their orders complete from Sinister Scents.

I have 7 more costumes to make........a set of gloves and a few odds and ends, and all of our costumes will be done. Most orders aren't needed for a few months yet.
            The people that needed their stuff quick (GREG!!!) and a few others got everything they needed.
            Hope everyone was happy with the stuff
            I plan on making a few extra nurse costumes and corpse suits to bring to MHC with us.
            Maybe a set of armour or two also.

If people are on the fence about ordering anything we bring to a show.......please don't wait too long to order. We have the time now over the next month or so, so please don't wait till September.

Stench is easier to produce than costumes.....just bottle the funk around here and sell it!
            Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Most of your stuff will arrive July - August. And unless it's (Cost Effective) not many of the Haunt Industry can afford to build (10) $1,500 props or anything above that cost.

So don't get frustrated... That's why I always tell everyone - Ship mine tomorrow. I want it as soon as it is done...
              If you don't the normal ship date is August on all of your stuff, and it's not a bad idea to just check in on the progress (not harass) but 1 x a month or every other month. Maybe remind them you can take shipment at any time.

I have received Malicious, Hauntatorium, Partial Oak Island, Distortions, Poisoned Props, so far... (hope I did not overlook someone)!
              So yes things are shipping! But don't stress until July. But it might not hurt to call or e-mail each vendor and check status.

Comment

Wow, it's taking till September for some haunts to get there stuff they ordered at Transworld. How pathetic are these companies to take nearly half a year to deliver the products you paid thousands for? Maybe if they are taking that long they shouldn't really be making props. Am I the only one who thinks this is rediculous? I can see how this can become scary for haunts that are depending on props they ordered to fill rooms. I would seriously demand a discount if it takes till September to get your stuff because you are going to have to rush to set the props up.
                Last edited by Jolly Pumpkin; 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Tyler,
                  Sorry to say this but this industry doesn't see much inventory getting done. It is hard to predict what is going to sell from Year to year.
                  You wouldn't believe the kind of money you would have to invest to keep an inventory. If most any company would have done this heavily THIS YEAR they could have put themselves out of business.

But no matter. If you are curious about an order you placed, just call. Most companies should be happy to give you atleast an estimate on delivery. Especially if they know it will help you know what to expect. Just ask, and you shall receive... Information atleast.
                  Or shoot them an email.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Noah,

Good point, and yes it's SCARY! You plan scenes around props and everything is ready to go waiting on the order...It's all part of the process I guess. I've had stuff come in a few days before opening in late september....

Allan

Comment

It is frustrating to get stuff last minute but I am not sure what can be done about it. No animatronic should arrive any later than August as I would think it would take some time moving some of those things in and hooking them up and then repairing them after they break on the test run( at least I have heard that happens). I don't order animatronics so I haven't ever really had any problem get stuff up unless it is something like camo/fireproofing where I needed it the entire time I was building. I find it more frustrating when I am told something will take 2 weeks and then I don't get it until September. I am happy if they are just up front with me and some companies have been others haven't.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Or not at all... (Our luck two years ago)

So yes it's tough to design, plan and then - you open w/out a couple new props.
                        We learned to do back up plans and some phone calls to the people that have slow delivery.

I don't stress anymore until July!

Comment

Noah,

If you were a vendor you would understand better how it is being a vendor. No one wants to deliver in Sept. Most orders should be done by the end of August at the latest so haunts can get the orders and in the haunts. Especially if you order at Transworld. I have many customers who don't even want their products until August.
                          But sometimes things happen and Sept becomes delivery time.
                          Things are always more complicated than people want to know.
                          So, do me a favor and hold off on the derogatory criticisms. All vendors do their best to be the best they can. And if everyone can just simply understand everything is not that simple then everyone would be better off. I am not giving anyone excuses, but there is just way too much blame placing going on.
                          If you are having a problem contact your vendor directly and in most circumstances you can work it out. There are some screwy vendors out there so you have to watch out for them, but most just want to make the best products they can.

The other problem is if you are just ordering now You can expect things to be delivered in Sept.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com
                          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Full Oak Island order,
                            Full Fright Theater order
                            Full Pale Night Order (just a gallon of blood)
                            Skeletons n More full order (kick ass chandelier)
                            Waiting on:
                            Distortions
                            Morris
                            Haunted Enterprises
                            Fearscape Studios

Comment

Hey

Kevin did you call me screwy??? lol

Kevin what do you mean you don't carry stock on 300 different HAND MADE items....but I want an umpa lumpa now!!!!!! And send 13 of them!!!!

Why don't Screfactory have 10 dragons or slayers or farters or crappers sitting there hoping you buy them? CAUSE THEY COST A FORTUNE

you make a prototype......a few of them....some sell some don't
                              Gauged on orders you go into a production mode.........based on orders
                              AND we all used to based production on TW.....but since they went and screwed everything up......it is hard to gauge in a very soft market.

Do you think Kevin has room to 300-400 things in his shop?
                              No way....he makes it and ships it...and depending on when the people want it......he may or may not have to deal with finished product just hanging out because someone who ordered it doesn't take delivery

Oh that reminds me....anyone paying for shipping should get ahold of me
                              I can get killer deals ....

So I guess I answered my own question you did call me screwy.......
                              Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Working...
                              X