When is it too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it too much?

My parents say that my obssesion with the haunted house is getting unhealthy. I am driving everyone nuts talking about it, even the people who work with me! I am constantly looking at costumes, even though it is only May, and even when I find one I like, I have to keep looking until I find something better. The only thing I want to watch on TV is the dvd house footage from last year! So I have to ask: when should I back off, and how?
    http://hauntednightmare.homestead.com/

SOMETIMES NIGHTMARES HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE!!!

When is it too much?

Hard to say, since everyone here is already way beyond that point.

Comment

Don't worry, my son was and still is the same way. It takes his mind of things and helps him relax. Which is really important these days. Its a release for some, passion for others.

Too much is when you slip into character during your "normal" life. Its happened to me believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
        Don't worry, my son was and still is the same way. It takes his mind of things and helps him relax. Which is really important these days. Its a release for some, passion for others.

Too much is when you slip into character during your "normal" life. Its happened to me believe it or not.
        I agree. Cackles, I have asked myself that same question because I too drive all of my friends crazy with haunted house talk. I just moved last week and before I moved I had already contacted several haunted houses around here and in fact just today I saw a sign for a haunted trail so I followed it and then when I got home I called them to see if they needed off-season help. For me, it is a passion and a stress relief. I love it because nothing related to my day-to-day life is there and I can go and just release energy and tension and it is also something that few people in the "normal" world do. But I agree with Giggles that too much is when you slip into character in "normal" life. Just keep an eye on that. I say it's fine to be looking at haunted stuff in May or whenever, because the big haunts work year round even if they're not open - so having it on your mind most of the time isn't a bad thing. Just don't let it negatively affect your school/work life, family life, relationships with friends, etc. Make sure those still take priority and you should be fine.
        sigpic

Comment

We all are that way, don't worry.
          Last edited by scarygoat; 06-30-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. I started out being obsessed with Halloween and Haunted Houses when I was 12 years old. I built a small little haunt inside my parents garage and I took it from there. I now co-own with a buddy a pro haunt and I am 24. I am always thinking of new ways and new scare ideas to make the haunt better. I work out in my garage building props in the middle of January. So if people think you are nuts for liking Halloween to much. I say they are the one's with the problem. I believe it takes a certain person to get into Halloween and Haunted Houses. It's in your blood.
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I mean most of my family dont really talk to me anymore. Consider me a freak, but i do it anyway. Honestly try to avoid THAT if you can. But like it has been stated before me, don't worry about. It's in your blood.

Comment

Working...
              X